signing of the season.

KingKirk

Best signing we've made as a club in the last 10yr? Steven Gerrard simple yes we ain't got anything for our efforts this season. It's coming tho first season as a proper manager and what a job he's done. Credit to his backroom staff also.

From nowhere to title favourites ( imo) next season!

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Best signing we've made as a club in the last 10yr? Steven Gerrard simple yes we ain't got anything for our efforts this season. It's coming tho first season as a proper manager and what a job he's done. Credit to his backroom staff also.

Yes. We are light years ahead of were we were last season. 

We lost the league this year. But what gets me is we were mediocre building towards something. They fenian rebels were they’re for the taking. Head to head we were on top this season.

buzzing for next season to get under way. Hopefully NL and brown will be there to witness the famous take there place at the pinnacle of Scottish football. 

We are favourites next year.

Ive said it plenty of times and I’ll say it again but continuity is huge for us.

Since we’ve been back up we’ve not had a manager with a continuous run over the summer months. 

They’re the team now with managerial issues while we’ve a settled squad and manager who only need 3-4 new players in the window. 

The league flag is genuinely coming home in 2020

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

The points we threw away this season are so hard to take. celtic did now win the league we gave them it. Lee Wallace at fir park 92nd min defending a corner always sticks in my throat. Lee wallace love the guy thoroughly deserved his cameo against Aberdeen but why the fuck do you bring on a sub in injury time thats not played in almost 1/2 a season. That was rookie from Gerrard. 

Let mm be clear no matter what cups and Aberdeen aside on the whole massive improvement on last season hibs fiasco too . We have the foundations for a winning side. Gerrard MUST win the league and stop the tragedy. To have any chance of being Liverpool manager he has staked his reputation on this, and if by some miracle NL gets the tim job i am more than confident.  

8 minutes ago, AGC123 said:

The points we threw away this season are so hard to take. celtic did now win the league we gave them it. Lee Wallace at fir park 92nd min defending a corner always sticks in my throat. Lee wallace love the guy thoroughly deserved his cameo against Aberdeen but why the fuck do you bring on a sub in injury time thats not played in almost 1/2 a season. That was rookie from Gerrard. 

Let mm be clear no matter what cups and Aberdeen aside on the whole massive improvement on last season hibs fiasco too . We have the foundations for a winning side. Gerrard MUST win the league and stop the tragedy. To have any chance of being Liverpool manager he has staked his reputation on this, and if by some miracle NL gets the tim job i am more than confident.  

Bring a defender to defend a corner,isn’t that what your suppose to do?

anyways I’ve said it since start of season gerrard will be the man to land us 55 I’ve no doubt about it today confirmed that again.

16 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Bring a defender to defend a corner,isn’t that what your suppose to do?

anyways I’ve said it since start of season gerrard will be the man to land us 55 I’ve no doubt about it today confirmed that again.

Gerrard agreed 100% but you don’t make a sub that late on defending a corner. Especially a player that is no where near match sharp.

end of the day that is not been the difference. And i have seen enough to believe we are finally on the right track. 

as you said Gerrard is proved his worth and  I believe will learn from this season and guide us back where we belong. 

1 minute ago, AGC123 said:

Gerrard agreed 100% but you don’t make a sub that late on defending a corner. Especially a player that is no where near match sharp.

end of the day that is not been the difference. And i have seen enough to believe we are finally on the right track. 

as you said Gerrard is proved his wort and  I believe will learn from this season and guide us back where we belong. 

Correct it was always going to be very hard for us to win league in his first season when he had to change a whole new team while the scum had a settled team,a cup would of been nice but wasn’t to be.

he has made mistakes this season but the thing with gerrard is he will learn,he now knows what it takes to win this league and how teams are going to play against us.

recruitment needs to be spot on this summer we have no room for error.

There's a lot to like about Gerrard, who has raised standards at the club in a similar way to Souness, but without the commanding budget. 

I can't believe his efforts have gone unnoticed down south, but hope he stays put here, at least until Liverpool come calling. IIRC he signed a long contract here,which hopefully shows intent. 

11 hours ago, KingKirk said:

It depends how much they want that 9 in a row, remember that they are owned by a billionaire so if they want it, we won't be able to compete with that level of investor. 

Totally agree that Gerrard is the signing of the season though. Amazing first season as a rookie manager. Folk also need to be realistic about next season. There's no way we will see the same standard of improvement from last season to this season onto next season. 

Yes, I'm sure we will improve but we won't have that same level of team improvement. 

If we did though, then I reckon that would make us title favourites. Especially if they keep lemon, but I doubt it. I also don't think they will fall for the trap of Moyes, I would be surprised if they are not already speaking to Steve Clarke. 

11 hours ago, AGC123 said:

Yes. We are light years ahead of were we were last season. 

We lost the league this year. But what gets me is we were mediocre building towards something. They fenian rebels were they’re for the taking. Head to head we were on top this season.

buzzing for next season to get under way. Hopefully NL and brown will be there to witness the famous take there place at the pinnacle of Scottish football. 

I'm not usually one for grammar police mate, but C'MON man. Get you were where's there's they're and theirs sorted mate. 

I hate myself for posting this mate cause being good at English is overrated , but that is primary school stuff man. 

11 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I'm not usually one for grammar police mate, but C'MON man. Get you were where's there's they're and theirs sorted mate. 

I hate myself for posting this mate cause being good at English is overrated , but that is primary school stuff man. 

Fucking write on yous to get stuck into his grammur.

44 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

It depends how much they want that 9 in a row, remember that they are owned by a billionaire so if they want it, we won't be able to compete with that level of investor

Totally agree that Gerrard is the signing of the season though. Amazing first season as a rookie manager. Folk also need to be realistic about next season. There's no way we will see the same standard of improvement from last season to this season onto next season. 

Yes, I'm sure we will improve but we won't have that same level of team improvement. 

If we did though, then I reckon that would make us title favourites. Especially if they keep lemon, but I doubt it. I also don't think they will fall for the trap of Moyes, I would be surprised if they are not already speaking to Steve Clarke. 

Wasn't that exactly why brendan Rodgers left? I he told the board we are now a real threat and needed x amount to strengthen this season and next and was told no? 

Also I still have a feeling they are about to be taken for 10s of millions in compensation claims via a class action law suit over their child abuse

7 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Wasn't that exactly why brendan Rodgers left? I he told the board we are now a real threat and needed x amount to strengthen this season and next and was told no? 

Also I still have a feeling they are about to be taken for 10s of millions in compensation claims via a class action law suit over their child abuse

Regarding your first point, I think you may be right. I think that was why lemon left the first time - because they wouldn't give him the funds to make an impact in Europe. So I think that they only spend what the club generates, which why getting us out of the top league and getting the rules changed so that the league winners get so much more money than there rest was so important to them. 

Regarding your second point, I hope you're right because mainly those victims deserve something for what that club put them through. Since it doesn't seem like they will get the same punishment as Penn State, then we can only hope that they get raped back, financially which should level the playing field quite a bit. 

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Regarding your first point, I think you may be right. I think that was why lemon left the first time - because they wouldn't give him the funds to make an impact in Europe. So I think that they only spend what the club generates, which why getting us out of the top league and getting the rules changed so that the league winners get so much more money than there rest was so important to them. 

Regarding your second point, I hope you're right because mainly those victims deserve something for what that club put them through. Since it doesn't seem like they will get the same punishment as Penn State, then we can only hope that they get raped back, financially which should level the playing field quite a bit. 

You could be right regards lennon and I think it was well documented at the time. 

"the manager himself had expressed public fear over the ability of celtic to land transfer targets who would be suitable to ensure Champions League qualification once again" in more or less confirms it. 

Realistically they ain't spent big since we went to bottom division and even the odouard signing of 9m was only about 5m all in from what I gather. 

I know we didn't win anything, but I'm feeling fucking good!

For once in these last seven years of shit and disappointment, I see a ray of sunshine beaming down on the faithful.

Gerrard for me was the key signing in more ways than one, albeit still a rookie.

Gerrard now has it sussed. For his first season as a manager he has done not too bad at all. Yes, mistakes were made, but what he had as a player has followed him into management. He is a cut above. He doesn't do losing and I think his bad side is something not many would wish to see. The players must love having an icon like Gerrard as their boss. The taigs fucking hate it!

He has that class and charisma of the great Rangers managers before him. All the others in this backwater are tramps by comparison. That jakey tramp yesterday was defo at the wrong game.

So for me, light at the end of the tunnel at last. It has been a long time coming. We have come up trumps with Kamara, Defoe and Davis. Others have thrived under Gerrard, whilst others have shown not to be up to it. Latterly we have become much more imposing and fluent in our play. Be great if we could keep Kent and add a few more quality signings in the summer and we're on our way. 

As for the EL going forward, yes I want it for the cash cow that it is, but on qualifying for the groups, I'd let loose those on the fringes and the second stringers to go for it, whilst the regulars focus on the league. So many fucking games!

Hats off to the Gerrard and the management team and the players for the best ending to a season in a long time. They were all heroes yesterday and with some class and style!

Can't fucking wait for the new season to start.

Scott Arfield but a special mention for Kamara and Davis too...... oh and Defoe.Too hard to choose just one ffs!:lol:

Edit to add Stevie Gerrard.........so many good signings this season when you stop and think about it.

2 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Nee Naw, Nee Naw....

Spelling police here.

When highlighting incorrect grammar it is probably best ensuring youspelling is correct otherwise you run the risk of making a tit of yourself.

Also, it appears you couldn’t be arsed using commas when berating the OP.

🙂