£3.84m

beararse

2 hours ago, Bakbear said:

I am probably in the vast minority but I really hope Morelos goes in the summer.

Anything around 15m and I would be delighted. But whatever, we need to move him on. The circus around him is damaging and we have been a far better and more balanced team since he has lost his place.

I know it’s controversial but I don’t think we win the league with him still here.

Firstly it means we don’t free up funds from his sale and secondly it means we have the constant fear of his disciplinary issues rising and finally unsettling the team balance again

Alfie needs to move on with our gratitude and we need to reinvest that money in Ryan Kent and a replacement for Morelos and Lafferty. 

For me it’s been refreshing watching us without Morelos recently,  he’d become a complete distraction & sideshow all of his own & I agree we’ve actually looked better with Defoe. 

For him to stay he’ll need to reinvent himself somewhat to be the asset we need him to be.  

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Quality is going to cost us money not only to buy but to pay a wage. All the names you have mentioned are at best squad players  We are losing arguably one of our best players in Kent and every chance our top striker in Mo, so let’s get past this nonsense that we don’t need money spent. We need serious money spent on at least 4 or 5 top quality signings that will walk into that first team  

We have had a great finish to the season but let’s not forget some of shit shows we produced this season as well. 

Do you agree Kamara looks like a quality signing?

2 hours ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

Although while we were slumming it in the lower leagues, the scum more or less made do with that never heard of before nonentity .. which was more than enough to ensure continual CL in this backwater ..

yet when we came back up, serious money was spent getting Brenda .. 

no matter how much they spend on a manager now - I still feel confident with SG in charge we will have more then enough for 55 next year 

This.

Rodgers, for all his teeth whitening and suntan, is an exceptional manager and turned that team into a well oiled machine. Fortunately he is also an opportunist and jumped ship at the first chance of managing in the EPL (and, coincidentally, at first sight of a any kind of serious challenge coming from Rangers).

I think it highly unlikely that they will be able to attract a manager anywhere near the ability of Rodgers anytime soon.

celtic can invest all the money they want in players. Really top drawer players ain’t coming to Scotland anytime soon and the level of player they’ll be shopping around for can be knocked off their stride by hard work, proper coaching and experience (the 3 things this Rangers team now seems to have)

8 minutes ago, beararse said:

Do you agree Kamara looks like a quality signing?

This.

Rodgers, for all his teeth whitening and suntan, is an exceptional manager and turned that team into a well oiled machine. Fortunately he is also an opportunist and jumped ship at the first chance of managing in the EPL (and, coincidentally, at first sight of a any kind of serious challenge coming from Rangers).

I think it highly unlikely that they will be able to attract a manager anywhere near the ability of Rodgers anytime soon.

celtic can invest all the money they want in players. Really top drawer players ain’t coming to Scotland anytime soon and the level of player they’ll be shopping around for can be knocked off their stride by hard work, proper coaching and experience (the 3 things this Rangers team now seems to have)

Yes but for every Kamara you unearth for peanuts you will get 3 or 4 who don’t work out. If we are just going to be hunting around looking for hidden gems then we aren’t going Win 55 anytime soon. 

We need top quality in and that means spending some serious money. 

11 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

or does it show that transfermarkt is about as accurate as Wikipedia   :whistle:

Possibly.

even inflating our suggested spend by 27.5% and reducing Edouard’s reported fee by the very same percentage, our entire starting 11 cost the same as one of their players.

thats not too shabby a statistic, regardless of whether you take the ‘glass half empty’ or ‘glass half full’ view:)

8 hours ago, Bakbear said:

I am probably in the vast minority but I really hope Morelos goes in the summer.

Anything around 15m and I would be delighted. But whatever, we need to move him on. The circus around him is damaging and we have been a far better and more balanced team since he has lost his place.

I know it’s controversial but I don’t think we win the league with him still here.

Firstly it means we don’t free up funds from his sale and secondly it means we have the constant fear of his disciplinary issues rising and finally unsettling the team balance again

Alfie needs to move on with our gratitude and we need to reinvest that money in Ryan Kent and a replacement for Morelos and Lafferty. 

Can’t disagree with any of that. If we can cash in to the tune if 15million for Alfredo (would have been 20m before his last red) it will help give SG the funding to get those few quality signings that are required. Not sure if it automatically means the club would be willing to pay  6+million for Kent though, so just got to hope Liverpool win the CL and get a deal done ASAP while they’re all in a good mood LOL 😂 

21 hours ago, beararse said:

According to transfermarkt.co.uk, our starting line up today cost £3.84m LESS than Odsonne Édouard 🙂

Just goes to show we don’t need to outspend them. 

Er, they won the league, a lot to do with the fact Edouard scored 2 back to back last minute winners for them. 

10 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Er, they won the league, a lot to do with the fact Edouard scored 2 back to back last minute winners for them. 

Obviously they won the league and two last minute winners helped them (a trait they have held for a long long-time, way before they spent £9m on s striker)

We blew it against Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Motherwell. We don’t need to outspend celtic in order to beat the teams listed above.

The point I was making is we are competing head to head against celtic now with a team that cost less than one of their players.

The aggregate score v celtic last season was 10-2 in the League, this year it was 4-3 to Rangers.

Minus 8 to plus 1 is quite a turnaround condensing their substantially greater resources.

Consistency, experience and resilience will see us drop less points than we did this season