Morelos Copa America

denya

43 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

He won’t be here next season 

This.

He’s quoted in a few papers this morning saying ‘many clubs are interested’  and he’ll make an announcement at some point.

no doubt he’s offski this summer and hopefully after a bit of a feeding frenzy leading to a heft fee

6 hours ago, denya said:

Sad news for Alfredo is that he not make the provisional list for our Copa America team for next month. The forwards we have that make provisional list is Falcao, Luis Muriel, Duvan Zapata, Rafael Santos Borre, Sebastian Villa, Luis Diaz, Yimmi Chará, Carlos Bacca, Roger Martínez, Andres Ibargüen and Yairo moreno.

Maybe it give him now more motivation for the next season to keep scoring more goals and try to make our Copa America team for next year.

Wow, that is some list. I can see why he never got it and I reckon it is purely cause of the league he plays in. The sad thing is, at least for us, him and your country is that he is probably better than most who you mentioned there, but they play in stronger leagues and have proven themselves. Maybe if Alfie didn't get so many red cards this year then he maybe would have made the team. I can only see this leading to him wanting to go to a bigger league. He probably won't play for a bigger team than Rangers, at least not for a couple more years. But he could definitely play for a team just outside the top teams in each of the big 4 (5?) leagues in Europe. 

With the recent fashion of the majority of teams playing with 1 striker, he was never going to get on ahead of the likes of Falco, but he has time on his side. He just needs to be patient, but I have a tiny feeling that he isn't the patient type 😂

21 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Wow, that is some list. I can see why he never got it and I reckon it is purely cause of the league he plays in. The sad thing is, at least for us, him and your country is that he is probably better than most who you mentioned there, but they play in stronger leagues and have proven themselves. 

To be honest is not better than most on this list and most people here not want him in the team. Duvan Zapata, Muriel, Falcao, Santos Borre, Villa and Diaz are all better. Is nothing to do with league also for example Diaz play here in Colombia for Atletico Junior and he is younger and better and will be in big club in Europe very soon. It is simple that and like I explain many times on here but nobody listen is that we have many good players in the forward position and many that are ahead of him.

10 minutes ago, denya said:

To be honest is not better than most on this list and most people here not want him in the team. Duvan Zapata, Muriel, Falcao, Santos Borre, Villa and Diaz are all better. Is nothing to do with league also for example Diaz play here in Colombia for Atletico Junior and he is younger and better and will be in big club in Europe very soon. It is simple that and like I explain many times on here but nobody listen is that we have many good players in the forward position and many that are ahead of him.

I'll have to agree to disagree with you on that one. Yes, the players you mentioned in the post I'm quoting are better than him (Don't know of young Diaz though, haven't seen much of the Colombian league, but it's probably rated higher than the SPL, most leagues are). I reckon he is definitely good enough to be in the 4th choice list for your country though. If he was playing for say Everton, he would be in that squad. Falcao is still living off his reputation he gained at Porto. He hasn't played at that level consistently since leaving. 

Also, your English is much better from when you first started posting. Well done mate. ☺️

15 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I meant why are you calling him a fanny. You knew exactly what I was asking. 

Because he got himself needlessly sent off so has not played for about 1 month which I imagine would have damaged his chances of playing at Copa America.

15 minutes ago, fuckthespl said:

Because he got himself needlessly sent off so has not played for about 1 month which I imagine would have damaged his chances of playing at Copa America.

I was of the impression that there was a pinned post at the top of this forum saying calling our players by such names wouldn't be tolerated... 

I agree he's been an idiot, but calling him "such a fanny" is the type of language that should be reserved for our enemies. Neil lemon is a fanny, for example. 

3 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I was of the impression that there was a pinned post at the top of this forum saying calling our players by such names wouldn't be tolerated... 

I agree he's been an idiot, but calling him "such a fanny" is the type of language that should be reserved for our enemies. Neil lemon is a fanny, for example. 

I have missed the pinned post. I get what you mean. I wouldn't call Morelos a fanny but think the OP meant that he acted like a fanny. He only has himself as Morelos didn't help his own cause for the national team.

5 minutes ago, beararse said:

any colloquial adjective which describes his lack of self control is fine by me 🙂

Saying that he acted like a fanny is fine by me too. Calling him a fanny isn't though. 

I now realise that is what his post says. I hadn't had my coffee yet... 

4 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Saying that he acted like a fanny is fine by me too. Calling him a fanny isn't though. 

I now realise that is what his post says. I hadn't had my coffee yet... 

fine line between the two IMO.... experience has taught me that folk who act like fannies tend to be fannies

enjoy your expresso 🙂