Morelos Copa America

denya

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

They named a 40 man squad with 11 forwards and he still didn't make it

Should be a wake up call for him that he needs to screw the nut but probably won't be

Spot on. I thought he'd missed out from maybe a pot of 4 but to fail to make the 'top' 11 is a wake up call for him to screw the nut and reminder to all of us that he maybe isn't all that and we should cash in when is stock is high.

probably didn't help his cause that he's had a couple of shockers when he actually got his chance to play for Columbia. 

If he takes this positively it should be his inspiration to cut all of the petty shit out of his game and focus on football. He has missed weeks of football at the worst time if he had played and scored 5 goals / played really well, I'd be shocked if he hadn't made it into that provisional squad, irrespective of who on that list is a better player than him. Players get picked on form. 

Unfortunately I think he will take this as "i've scored 29 goals this year at Rangers and still can't get in. Need to move now"

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

They have a squad full of quality was always going to be a tough ask.

I don't think it should be a tough ask for a guy who is valued at £20m to be in Colombia's first 11 choice strikers, different story if he narrowly missed out on the 4/5 who get picked

This will simply fuel his fire to leave even more.

Too many people are too quick to forgive him. His indicipline aided to us losing the league.

If i am picking people for an elimination tournament, i dont want someone who is highly likely to get sent off. 

He wasn't left our for lack of ability.

I quite like Alfredo but he is what he is, a promising  young player with an exceptionally poor disciplinary record (especially for a striker) who can disappear in big games. I think, for us, he's been exceptional given that we picked him up from the Finnish league for next to nothing and he has bags of potential. Clearly If he was smart he would stick around at a club for a few years and develop as a player and look to be selected to his country when he shows consistency, maturity and a higher level of skill. But I think he has an inflated sense of his own ability and have a horrible feeling he will bounce around a few clubs and disappear- and of course blame it on everyone else.

Really hope I'm wrong, and would like to see him understand that there is a huge range of benefits to stay at Ibrox and grow up a bit and become the player he can be. Just somehow can't see it. 

30 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Too many people are too quick to forgive him. His indicipline aided to us losing the league.

If i am picking people for an elimination tournament, i dont want someone who is highly likely to get sent off. 

Genuinely think he was left out purely for not being good enough. I also think hes at the stage now where Colombia have a few good youngsters coming through and he may find himself stuck in limbo where he's not really made the breakthrough at 22/23 and will be behind the you ger players if they take their chances

3 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I meant why are you calling him a fanny. You knew exactly what I was asking. 

Surely you must know why I’ve said if he hadn’t acted like a fanny he’d be in with a chance of being in their squad. 

I love the wee guy, but let’s not pretend he hasn’t harmed our league position and his own reputation through actions that have led to missing 10 games through suspension. 

33 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Of the league games he missed through suspension, we drew 2 and won the rest.

Those 2 were against Dundee and St. Johnstone in 2 of our worst performances of the season. The fact we were so rank in those 2 games says much more about the players who DID play, rather than the one who DIDN'T in my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

Those 2 were against Dundee and St. Johnstone in 2 of our worst performances of the season. The fact we were so rank in those 2 games says much more about the players who DID play, rather than the one who DIDN'T in my opinion. 

Aye but in pointing that out out deflects away from the fact that many want a scapegoat to blame. Not on here specifically but out and about its amazing how much hate one of our own players gets from out own fans. 

24 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Genuinely think he was left out purely for not being good enough. I also think hes at the stage now where Colombia have a few good youngsters coming through and he may find himself stuck in limbo where he's not really made the breakthrough at 22/23 and will be behind the you ger players if they take their chances

He can't be that good if he is behind 11 others purely on talent.

26 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

Also in the games we he actually got sent off we drew 2, lost 2 and won 1

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

There is 6 strikers in that list, rest are wide players. It's no surprise he is behind the likes of Bacca, Falcao, Muriel and Zapata. 

Morelos should be ahead of Borre and Martinez in the order but I guess not playing recently has impacted on that.

Which martinez? If its Jackson then no way would I have morelos ahead of him

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It's not Jackson, even so JM has done nothing of note in about 3 years. Flopped in China and hardly done much in Portugal this year although also got injured. After leaving Atletico his career at the top level has practically ended, hence not being selected for Colombia since 2015.

I'm no sure the martinez guy then but I do like the look of that borre guy if it's the guy I'm thinking of in River plate. Guy on my Facebook always bangs on about river plate and this guy for some reason