Our founding fathers built well

I remember the first time I ever went to Ibrox, you are just walking down the street then you turn the corner and the whole view your eyes see it that huge building with red white and blue everywhere. Then you walk into the stadium, go up the stairs the walk out a tiny doorway and get smashed in the face with the full site of the stadium. The folks in the opposite stand look so far away. Now we have a tiny amount of Tim's in the ground, even Callum McGregor said their whole team were blown away with the noise of the fans but said they would be ready for it the next time and they still shat it. This is the first time that team has had proper competition in Scotland and they have bottled it twice. 

I don't think I have been looking forward to a season as much as next season ever before in my life. The only comparison was when we played East Fife cause there was a genuine feeling that we might not have seen it again. 

20 hours ago, Blumhoilann said:

Built by real craftsmen to last. Many of the 'modern stadia' will have run their course but Ibrox will still be there in all her glory:UK:

Was it Mr Struth who said something along the lines of built it well and it will remain after the all rest have gone? Shows what a shrewd man he was

Miles and miles away, decades too, still love to see pictures of the institution.  Even better, love to read impressions, memories and anecdotes of the punters.  Wish I had known in my young manhood how special it would be to me in the later years.   

Was lucky enough to get married there July last year, was absolutely amazing, as you can imagine the photos are exceptional, marble staircase and pitch side with the SJ stand in the background surpasses any fucking castle or someshite  

edit: the fact it was big walk day and had photos outside the main stand with various bands was cool too ha ha 

Looking for some help here. Not trying to highjack the thread or whatever you's call it. It truly is a magnificent site but I've only seen it in pictures sadly. I am trying to book a tour for 4 on June 23 on the Rangers site but can't manage it for some reason or another. Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction? Haven't been to Glasgow in about 40 years and am desperate to tour the home of The Famous Glasgow Rangers. Cheers.

2 minutes ago, CammyMcC said:

Looking for some help here. Not trying to highjack the thread or whatever you's call it. It truly is a magnificent site but I've only seen it in pictures sadly. I am trying to book a tour for 4 on June 23 on the Rangers site but can't manage it for some reason or another. Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction? Haven't been to Glasgow in about 40 years and am desperate to tour the home of The Famous Glasgow Rangers. Cheers.

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/club/founders-trail-2019/

Book yourself on here mate.

Learn all about us from Glasgow Green to Ibrox Stadium and see it all.

Best 4 or 5 hours you will have Rangers related without seeing the team play.

4 minutes ago, CammyMcC said:

Better off phoning them mate. 

0871 702 1972 

1 minute ago, CammyMcC said:

Thanks alot for the replies lads. The site doesn't even have open dates on the calendar after May. Think a phone call is in order. Thanks again.

I may be wrong but I think the only time the Founders Trail isn't in operation is around Xmas and New year mate.

They continually add dates due to demand I'm sure.

@TheMoonlighter