Defoe

10 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I love they way he talks about Kamara there. It hasn't been spoken about much, but the wee guy reminds me of Mols, except I'm the middle of the park. His movement and the way he just turns the opposite way from the players that are close to him is amazing. He creates so much space for himself with the way he drops his shoulder is wonderful to watch. 

£50,000 is just ridiculous. He cost us less than what Michael Johnson who used to play for Man City got paid a week. 

Some piece of business by the guys at the club. 

And a shout out to whomever it was who brought him to Scotland in the first place. Thanks. That turn that started that move was worth the £50k alone 😂😂

Cost less than Lee Griffiths gambling debts. Yaaassss

43 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Such a weird point of reference.

I can understand it as Johnston was highly tipped then turned into an utter waster. 

I am so pleased we have Defoe here he is a cut above the level of the SPL and he looks it even at his age. 

27 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Not sure if it's worse than saying Kamara reminds him of Michael Mols or not

I can see where he’s coming from, it always amazed me that defenders kept falling for Mols and his dropped shoulder turn. 

Kamara is the same that he looks to be going one way then a simple drop of the shoulder and twist and he’s away off in a different direction, great positional sense as well just like Mols that he knows where everybody is around him very rarely turns into trouble. 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Defoes footballing intelligence is far and away better than any defender in scottish football, if we could get the players to take advantage of that a lot more he'd absolutely piss all over scottish football

Hopefully this summer we get said players

Loads of his offsides are poor officiating because the linesman can’t  keep up with him :lol: 

55 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I can see where he’s coming from, it always amazed me that defenders kept falling for Mols and his dropped shoulder turn. 

Kamara is the same that he looks to be going one way then a simple drop of the shoulder and twist and he’s away off in a different direction, great positional sense as well just like Mols that he knows where everybody is around him very rarely turns into trouble. 

From what I remember from Mols was although he had the turn, and most people knew about that and few could do anything about it, he was also very unpredictable. The timing of his strikes varied to a large degree so it always caught keepers off guard and he’d twist and turn in different directions confusing the opposition players.

I think the Mols turn was only a small part of what he was all about, I think his general unpredictability really made him an amazing player and hard to track on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

From what I remember from Mols was although he had the turn, and most people knew about that and few could do anything about it, he was also very unpredictable. The timing of his strikes varied to a large degree so it always caught keepers off guard and he’d twist and turn in different directions confusing the opposition players.

I think the Mols turn was only a small part of what he was all about, I think his general unpredictability really made him an amazing player and hard to track on the pitch.

You knew it was coming the defender knew it was coming but they still couldn’t get near him, I honestly don’t think he got the recognition he deserved for his overall game. 

There was far more to his game than just scoring goals, he was running Bayern ragged that night when he popped his knee. 

37 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You knew it was coming the defender knew it was coming but they still couldn’t get near him, I honestly don’t think he got the recognition he deserved for his overall game. 

There was far more to his game than just scoring goals, he was running Bayern ragged that night when he popped his knee. 

Agreed, he's probably my favourite Rangers player, just my opinion of course and that doesn't mean much, but I watched Gazza, Laudrup, Goram etc and considered them to be true world class players and I do not think he looks out of place at all in that company.