Defoe

9 minutes ago, tufts1690 said:

Oliver Kahn the arsehole.

Will never forget that. That was a deliberate act. He knew he would've turned him and then had an open goal but chose to do what we probably all would've done in his case. You don't become the best keeper in the world not having a win at all costs mentality. Mols was tearing Bayern a new one that night and Khan done the only thing he could do to stop a certain goal. I doubt he meant to ruin his career, but that doesn't mean that he should have gotten away with what he done. If that happened in this day and age, he would've gotten a heavy ban. Who knows what we could've achieved with that team if it wasn't for that bastard. I'm certain we would have beaten Bayern that night and gotten through that group. 

What could've been... 

25 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Will never forget that. That was a deliberate act. He knew he would've turned him and then had an open goal but chose to do what we probably all would've done in his case. You don't become the best keeper in the world not having a win at all costs mentality. Mols was tearing Bayern a new one that night and Khan done the only thing he could do to stop a certain goal. I doubt he meant to ruin his career, but that doesn't mean that he should have gotten away with what he done. If that happened in this day and age, he would've gotten a heavy ban. Who knows what we could've achieved with that team if it wasn't for that bastard. I'm certain we would have beaten Bayern that night and gotten through that group. 

What could've been... 

You are talking nonsense, the ball was there to be won and he did win the ball there was no intent whatsoever to injure Mols it was just one of those things that happens in football, Khan was entitled to go for it.

People seem to re write history regarding the challenge there are plenty of worse challenges every weekend up and down the country.

3:59

7 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

You are talking nonsense, the ball was there to be won and he did win the ball there was no intent whatsoever to injure Mols it was just one of those things that happens in football, Khan was entitled to go for it.

People seem to re write history regarding the challenge there are plenty of worse challenges every weekend up and down the country.

We were outstanding that night we absolutely battered what was a great Bayern team. Would have beat them at home as well if not for that fucking dodgy free kick at the death. Bastards.

6 minutes ago, Sket said:

We were outstanding that night we absolutely battered what was a great Bayern team. Would have beat them at home as well if not for that fucking dodgy free kick at the death. Bastards.

It’s mental to see the quality we used to have, not a single one of our current players would get a start in that team, only Morelos, Tav and McGregor would make the bench.

14 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Always gets raised on here. It’s a complete nonsense.

5 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I said he done what we all would've done in his position. I said I don't think he meant to hurt him. But there's no denying that it was a situation that never should've arisen. If he wasn't 20yards outside his box then that never would've happened. He should have never been at that part of the pitch. According to todays rules, you can still win the ball and have the challenge to be considered reckless. Purely by his position on the pitch it could be argued that it was a reckless challenge. That's all I'm saying. I'm not trying to change history. I've said on here many times that Mols gets overrated because of those first 9 games and 9 goals. 2 years he was out the game after that challenge. He seen a threat and dealt with it. Like you would expect from any good player, but a keeper should never have been on that part of the pitch. Why was it not Lizarazu (sp) making that challenge... 

1 minute ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

It’s mental to see the quality we used to have, not a single one of our current players would get a start in that team, only Morelos, Tav and McGregor would make the bench.

We were spoiled and didn't realise it. Genuine world class at the time. 

3 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I said he done what we all would've done in his position. I said I don't think he meant to hurt him. But there's no denying that it was a situation that never should've arisen. If he wasn't 20yards outside his box then that never would've happened. He should have never been at that part of the pitch. According to todays rules, you can still win the ball and have the challenge to be considered reckless. Purely by his position on the pitch it could be argued that it was a reckless challenge. That's all I'm saying. I'm not trying to change history. I've said on here many times that Mols gets overrated because of those first 9 games and 9 goals. 2 years he was out the game after that challenge. He seen a threat and dealt with it. Like you would expect from any good player, but a keeper should never have been on that part of the pitch. Why was it not Lizarazu (sp) making that challenge... 

128C5880-BBB8-4F6E-A560-453333B1E9A7.jpeg