Arfields booking last week

GOAT

Pretty sure he goes off the pitch. Was right in front of me. Was up to the hoardings. I"m sure some ref explained it a while back, that they're instructed that if you go off the pitch when you're celebrating and it causes any kind of disturbance, for want of a better word, the player gets booked. 

Just now, philiprfc said:

What I don't get is, how come only he gets booked in that situation when all the other players ran over to him?

The instruction is that the scorer, the one instigating the celebration off the pitch, gets booked IIRC.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Pretty sure he goes off the pitch. Was right in front of me. Was up to the hoardings. I"m sure some ref explained it a while back, that they're instructed that if you go off the pitch when you're celebrating and it causes any kind of disturbance, for want of a better word, the player gets booked. 

That’s ridiculous, he’s not to know fans are going to invade the touch line.  Basically he’s getting sent off if he’s been booked already which is a fucking ridiculous rule if true. 

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

That’s ridiculous, he’s not to know fans are going to invade the touch line.  Basically he’s getting sent off if he’s been booked already which is a fucking ridiculous rule if true. 

Don't go off the pitch then.  It's not fucking difficult 

Just now, GOAT said:

I think the idea is that as long as you stay on the pitch you can't be blamed, but if you go off you're potentially contributing towards a surge, so if it happens then you get booked.  Tbf, players know the rule. It'll have been explained to them. They should really stay on the pitch if they want to be sure to avoid a booking.

Bit shite for him given that he was the right side of hoardings, but how else do you write a rule to be clear and fair other than 'leaving the field of play' when some grounds don't have hoardings and the stand is a few yards from the pitch? And he knows the rule, so...

Edouard was booked for the same against us at the piggery.

28 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Watching the full game this morning on sky, why was he booked?  He never left the field of play it wasn’t his fault a bunch of supporters invaded the pitch.  A ridiculous booking.  Or have I missed something?

It was right in front of me - ref indicated to him to return for ko and he seemed to do that and then turned back and ran to touch line and saluted again - I suspect he got booked for ignoring the refs instructions