Getting the 3/4 quality players in we need

KingKirk

10 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Who do you replace him with? Quality Strikers are the most difficult position to sign.

Having said that, if we can’t get Kent back on loan and it’s a choice between Kent or Morelos I’d take Kent.

Funny I said same thing to my da earlier... Kent is a must keep IMO

11 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

If we keep Morelos and add in Hastie and Jones along with Murphy back that vastly improves our wide play over Candeias.

This team is one good centre back away from 55.

Jones is shit, Hastie had like 6 good games and Murphy has done nothing to suggest he’s even better than Candeias. 

Who does this one good centres back replace in the Katic/Goodson partnership that saw us concede 1 goal in 6 games after the game at Parkhead? 

We need at least 4 quality players in for the first team alone, if Morelos is away, and that’s without even mentioning the rest. 

3 hours ago, King Jela said:

Jones is shit, Hastie had like 6 good games and Murphy has done nothing to suggest he’s even better than Candeias. 

Who does this one good centres back replace in the Katic/Goodson partnership that saw us concede 1 goal in 6 games after the game at Parkhead? 

We need at least 4 quality players in for the first team alone, if Morelos is away, and that’s without even mentioning the rest. 

Mate, c’mon to fuck.

8 hours ago, drewgardiner88 said:

Funny I said same thing to my da earlier... Kent is a must keep IMO

Ignore the red cards how can anyone genuinely believe a winger with very few goals and assists and a handful of good performances against the scum is more of a must keep than a striker who has just scored 30 goals in a season without taking a penalty is beyond me. Put the hate for morelos aside and think about it. If Kent doesn't return we will end up replacing him easily enough and probably with someone who offers more goals and assists but reckon we will struggle to get another 30 goal a season striker. 

That aside selling morelos would be best all round especially for the player

16 hours ago, Sket said:

How is it a myth? Explain.

8 hours ago, magic8ball said:

we are a different team .its up to debate which team is better .

i can the benefit of the 2 options .would love to have both next season 

A few things happened not just one (Defoe for Morelos)

The gaffer stopped fucking about with his team selection 

Worral getting found out 

katic finding his form

Halliday dropped 

playing Arfield further up

and Gerrard using his subs better

all this made us more consistent. I’d argue yesterday was an example of this. 

You cant definitely pin our good form down to one player 

8 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Ignore the red cards how can anyone genuinely believe a winger with very few goals and assists and a handful of good performances against the scum is more of a must keep than a striker who has just scored 30 goals in a season without taking a penalty is beyond me. Put the hate for morelos aside and think about it. If Kent doesn't return we will end up replacing him easily enough and probably with someone who offers more goals and assists but reckon we will struggle to get another 30 goal a season striker. 

That aside selling morelos would be best all round especially for the player

Jamie Murphy

and you ruined your post with the last sentence Rab so am taking  ma like back

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Jamie Murphy

and you ruined your post with the last sentence Rab so am taking  ma like back

Tbf I would loved to have seen how Murphy performed this season as I think he would have excelled for us. But my last sentence I think morelos no longer wants to be here and will take the first decent offer he gets. Must frustrate the life out u when you rough up a so called hard man defender after he's been kicking u all game for him to go running like a big baby. 

2 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Tbf I would loved to have seen how Murphy performed this season as I think he would have excelled for us. But my last sentence I think morelos no longer wants to be here and will take the first decent offer he gets. Must frustrate the life out u when you rough up a so called hard man defender after he's been kicking u all game for him to go running like a big baby. 

I think he’s got two years left on his contract so he has little choice in the matter Tbf and the Gaffer I’m positive will want to keep a 30 goal striker at all costs -   another ready made 30 goal striker will cost £10/15 million plus

Defoe at 37 won’t do it over a long long season 

On 18/05/2019 at 23:53, KingKirk said:

Is that dependent on morelos being sold? Id love to get one more year from the wee man if possible. 

I done a post a few weeks ago as I had spent a bit of time looking at the past few seasons, in particular the summer windows, and what players were being released/out of contract. 

We have spent around £10-12m the past 2 seasons and although we don’t need as many new players in, I would expect us to spend the same again, without any player sales. 

We are obviously getting the free transfers in early, as confirmed by Mark Allen, and will probably end up with 1-2 loan players so although £10m might get you 4 players at £2.5m each, I think we need to move Morelos on and then use that money to get 3-4 players at say £4-5m each! 

If we get a decent fee for Morelos (£10-15m) then we should be using that!!

8 minutes ago, Del said:

I done a post a few weeks ago as I had spent a bit of time looking at the past few seasons, in particular the summer windows, and what players were being released/out of contract. 

We have spent around £10-12m the past 2 seasons and although we don’t need as many new players in, I would expect us to spend the same again, without any player sales. 

We are obviously getting the free transfers in early, as confirmed by Mark Allen, and will probably end up with 1-2 loan players so although £10m might get you 4 players at £2.5m each, I think we need to move Morelos on and then use that money to get 3-4 players at say £4-5m each! 

If we get a decent fee for Morelos (£10-15m) then we should be using that!!

Who should replace Morelos?

Edit. baring in mind it took us 5 seasons to find a 25plus goal striker we desperately needed

we don’t have that luxury 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

I don’t know who should replace him. 

We have defoe for another year, but i would suggest that if he is sold he is one of the 2-3-4 quality players we need in. 

2 minutes ago, Del said:

I don’t know who should replace him. 

We have defoe for another year, but i would suggest that if he is sold he is one of the 2-3-4 quality players we need in. 

Can I suggest that at 38yrs old Defoe might just hang up his boots by that point 

10 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

So youre ok with someone who's selfishness cost us vital points this season? cool man.

I am indeed, but that comes from having the ability to avoid shoving my head up my arse and swallowing the media inspired agenda. Or are you saying hes so important he is bigger than the team? Its odd that Laugherty inability t o score in a brothel is Morelos fault. 

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Edit. baring in mind it took us 5 seasons to find a 25plus goal striker we desperately needed

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Can I suggest that at 38yrs old Defoe might just hang up his boots by that point 

I don't necessarily think that a 25+ goals striker is what we desperately need...celtic have won a treble treble without one...but what we do need is a team that doesn't rely on Morelos as the sole point of attack/goals and the team  has shown recently that they can do well without him, but if he is sold there's no doubt we will need to replace him.

I don't think the previous signings have helped build confidence that we can find a new striker...Waghorn and Dodoo have never scored that many goals at a club, Garner was never suited to play in a Warburton team, Herrera was a disaster from the outset, Cummings has never scored that many goals either and guys like Miller and that are also similar, but we did find Morelos...

As for Defoe, barring an injury, there is nothing to suggest that he is close to retiring and certainly not next season!

On 19/05/2019 at 02:06, King Jela said:

Depends on how much we get for him. Genuinely think his last red shed a few million off his price tag. Although if we’re relying on Morelos money to bring in players then that should be questioned. We made £8 million in Europe and have at least another £10 million in season ticket sales. 

And our operating costs last season were £39m... 

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

It actually took us 10 years to find a 30 goal striker. Boyd in 2009 was the last one 

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Mate, c’mon to fuck.

He’s no but. He’s got more ability than Candeias but he had more anonymous games than good. 

He done next to fuck all against the tims for example in the three games he’d played against them, whereas Candeias had at least scored against them. 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Another league in the bag for the taigs then unless we find massive investment from somewhere. 

They've a bigger summer ahead of them than us. Sounds weird to say that as they're the champions but they face more uncertainty than us 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

They've a bigger summer ahead of them than us. Sounds weird to say that as they're the champions but they face more uncertainty than us 

Agreed. Don’t like the idea of hoping they have a poorer summer than us though 😑

Just now, King Jela said:

Agreed. Don’t like the idea of hoping they have a poorer summer than us though 😑

Rumour has it that McGregor wants to leave. They've lost boyata, Gordon looks to be off, they need to upgrade their strikers, they might lose the greatest left back in.the world due either to.injury or blessed Brendan coming in for him. They are losing about 4 players they had on loan and mourinho seems to.no fancy the job.

This is probably their most turbulent summer since 2010