Barasic

gary176

3 minutes ago, OhW said:

That was his best game for us but he wasn't anything special. Motherwell were a joke the way he walked through them to score. 

Just a pity we could not walk through other teams.   Far too many games we drew cost us the league, and the best of it is we should have won the majority of them.

lets hope we stop 9 and make it title 55. It's set up nicely and who does the best business between now and transfer window shutting will win the league.    

5 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Point I’m making, the spl is a different animal from the leagues these players are used to if you don’t have the mental strength to cope opposition players will trample over the top of you , Which has happened to Barisic ,Bruno alves came with a reputation of being tough , he was bullied in the SPL 

I agree, you’ve got to have a certain level of toughness or fight to survive in the SPL, especially playing for us, and he doesn’t seem to have it. But it also seems like folk were expecting Barasic to run around cracking skulls but I’ve never seen it stated anywhere that that’s the kind of player he is. So are the expectations on this front a bit too high?

13 minutes ago, BigDak said:

I agree, you’ve got to have a certain level of toughness or fight to survive in the SPL, especially playing for us, and he doesn’t seem to have it. But it also seems like folk were expecting Barasic to run around cracking skulls but I’ve never seen it stated anywhere that that’s the kind of player he is. So are the expectations on this front a bit too high?

Don’t expect him to crack skulls but he literally gets out fought out muscled and bullied every game he plays in the spl , the opposition will be told to play down him that I have no doubt , he’s not a good defender and his forward play is poor to i sometimes read about his great delivery, 99.9% of his crosses are shocking , cash in in the summer when we still can this lads wasting his and our time at Rangers , he doesn’t want to be here or so his body language on the pitch shows 

8 hours ago, Copland bear said:

His fault both goals?  The  cunt from Dundee cost the first goal, Barsic he was on his way up,the wing and had to double back as the player lost possession when he should not have and as for the defence they played Burke omside  , So,how was it his fault for the first goal? And as for the penalty? Never a penalty in a million years again why was it his fault as it was never a penalty and  the referee called it so it's his fault Willie Dollum  as we have saw time and again this season decisions going against us     Again nothing to do with Barisic.

The guy signed for us in September amd has not had any luck with injury, he needs a decent Pre season and hopefully stay free of injuries and then we can see if he can cut it at Rangers,. 

I don’t think he was at fault for either goal. Kamara was at fault for the fort one but there’s not a word said against him on here.  Also, it was never a penalty.  Even if there was a foul it happened outside the box the Referee made a cunt of it.

Barisic created 2 goals against Motherwell, put in a belter if a free-kick for a Goldson headed goal against St.Mirren, and set up Lafferty’s goal against Valencia.  I think he has an assist in the friendly against Helsinki and he rattled the bar with a free-kick just a few weeks back. To say he’s done nothing going forward is completely inaccurate.

33 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Think the fact he had a head bandage on when he played against us must of fooled us into thinking he was a hard man! 

Nobody is saying they thought he was a hard man but he’s not got the heart for the SPL , the rest of our players apart from funnily enough Grezda have and I wouldn’t class any of them is hard men , Flanagan doesn’t hang about mind you , if your not up for the battle in this league you’ve no chance , Gerrards even commented on it himself with Barisic