Left back

stewaj3

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I haven’t heard anybody saying that tbh. Everybody to a man or woman that I’ve seen posting on here has said we need to add more quality.

I wasn’t meaning on here tbh. Talking about folk at work, at the games my pals etc. 

Id imagine they aren’t the only ones either. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

You wouldn't take Taylor?

Haven't seen him tbh, but I can't say I'd be rushing out to buy someone from Killie. This league is shite, and the best I've read anyone say on here is that he's a good player. Not a great player....we need great players. 

5 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Haven't seen him tbh, but I can't say I'd be rushing out to buy someone from Killie. This league is shite, and the best I've read anyone say on here is that he's a good player. Not a great player....we need great players. 

Ready made great players don't come to Scotland mate. 

Who would buy Barisic?

Looked as if he has bottled it imo. 

Hugely dissapointed in him. He can only get better. Literaly.

Should have played Halliday as LB from the start and Defoe as striker. 

Anyhow, i an off to read the aberdeen forumsm read their pain. '-)  

Another concern for me is Jones, Hastie, Stewart are coming in and I'm not sure any of them improve us.

Probably most excited for Hastie tbh but he's barely kicked a ball. Jones might do it, Stewart is pretty inconsistent but has ability.

I suppose anyone is better than grezda. Murphy I still hope can come back. I like candeias but I think he's coming to the end of his Rangers career. Wouldnt replace him with jones, Hastie or Stewart right now though 

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Who would buy Barisic?

My electric lawnmower has a higher top speed. Looked as if he has bottled it imo. 

Some foreign mob I'll pay us a million quid for a Croatian international. Hopefully the same with Grezda. Think the prospect of making money on them has gone. Try and get a million each and move on lessons learned

35 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

He’s a good defender.  He doesn’t get forward and overlap the winger like a modern day attacking full-back.

I think the point DBBTB is making is that when Tav goes bombing forward we could go three at the back with a player like that.  

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

He’s a good defender.  He doesn’t get forward and overlap the winger like a modern day attacking full-back.

I think the point DDTB is making is that when Tav goes bombing forward we could go three at the back with a player like that.  

Pretty much yeah. That’s more down to my personal preference though. I like the idea of having one full back who bombs on and one who’s that little bit disciplined and can sit back more. I think we are seeing it with Tav & Flanagan at the moment but Taylor is a natural left back so I think he could do the same job as Flanagan but keep us more balanced because he wouldn’t have to come inside onto his right foot all the time.

14 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Some foreign mob I'll pay us a million quid for a Croatian international. Hopefully the same with Grezda. Think the prospect of making money on them has gone. Try and get a million each and move on lessons learned

Either that or develop him as a player. Good luck with that SG. 

Would be a great signing but would maybe be just out of our price range. 4-5m for a lb and not sure if Leeds would sell. They have a small squad.

I would maybe see an offer of barasic and 2m. Barasic is a Croatian international so must hold some value. Scottish game just isn't for him but I do think he could become a good player.

Remember when ricksen first came to us as rb didn't have a great time then became a quality player. So maybe its a bit premature with barasic

3 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Probably out the question but I’d go for barry douglas at Leeds.