Ryan jack

42 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Fuck knows why 90% of the fans on here seem to think he is some sort of quality player but I think he looks more of a sheep/hibs/hearts standard level.

Davis was making him look better , away back to as bad as ever today , done well for the goal though 

Wasn't great today but has been one of our best players this season and he did get an assist today. Everything was sideways today but it's hard to pass the ball forward when there is fuck all movement ahead of you. I'm just surprised noone has started a Kamara thread yet. 

12 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

A nothing player. Doesn't score or assist, isn't quick or good in the air. He gets by because he plays a simple pass and rarely loses the ball but in truth he doesn't influence the game and he's a centre mid. We need proper class in there. 

he got an assist today and goal of the season 😂

54 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Yeah I've never thought he was anything more than a bang average, tidy player. He doesn't offer us enough and I think we need a better, more dynamic midfielder. 

He shouldn't be in our strongest starting XI next season. Kamara, Davis and Arfield are better and hopefully we sign another quality attack minded midfielder. 

Bang on the money with this post mate... I think he's a decent squad player at best. Shouldn't be starting games imo unless we have injuries and suspensions to the first team.

The problem isn't Jack. I think he is a fairly solid holding midfielder but therein lies the problem - he does little else. We still haven't found our midfield balance and personally I hate seeing a Rangers setting up with multiple defensive midfield players (certainly in the league anyway). Jack is tidy but isn't going to create much or score lots of goals. Kamara is slightly more dynamic and seems to be a better player than Jack but again isn't a box to box creative midfielder. Until we have a strong attacking midfielder we seem to rotate our central midfielders around without ever really changing the end product of how we play. I'm not sure Docherty is the answer either but deserves pre-season. Rossiter and McCrorie are competing with Jack for the same position. A good attacking midfielder has to be one of the priority targets this summer.   

52 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I think people are being really harsh. He does a lot of work off the ball and I think he is actually one of our key players. Nobody covered themselves in glory today but it looked like the team had already packed up for their holidays.

👍

44 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Yes. I think that he has played a huge part in the form found at the end of the season. He plays well with Davis  Kamara and Airfield and I would be loathed to break that up. He works hard for us and is underappreciated IMHO

👍

Well said Jinty ...... no sense ... like common sense mate.

:UK:

30 minutes ago, bam74 said:

he got an assist today and goal of the season 😂

The season is long. Doesn't have enough quality for a Rangers starting midfielder. He's a tidy player with an excellent attitude but major limitations

Just came online and once again an over reaction to a piss poor performance by everyone. Whoever said he is inconsitent is wrong. Gerrard has said often , he is the one player he can rely on. Can we do better in the off season? Yes. but Ryan Jack is the least of our problems

Davis intelligence as a footballer finding pockets of space in clever areas to receive the ball and arfield linking things up helped jack and Kamara massively, take that away back to 5 yard square pointless balls again