Ryan jack

16 hours ago, Broxi said:

Yeah I've never thought he was anything more than a bang average, tidy player. He doesn't offer us enough and I think we need a better, more dynamic midfielder. 

He shouldn't be in our strongest starting XI next season. Kamara, Davis and Arfield are better and hopefully we sign another quality attack minded midfielder. 

Our best midfield this season has been Jack, Kamara and Davis with Arfield in front, if we sign another attacking minded midfielder why would that mean Arfield is dropped back?

Unless we change formation its a straight swap for me, Murphy for Kent (if he doesnt come back) but theres no chance I would drop Arfield back into that midfield 3.

15 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Been saying for weeks pity Steve Davis wasn't up to speed earlier because he's been running the show and players round about him playing a lot better including Jack, today proofed this Jack was back to his old self - apart from the goal

Davis playing in that deeper role enabled Jack to play in a slightly different role, that he wasnt able to do today! 

If you interpret that as Davis making them better then thats up to you, but theres no doubt that the change affected us today and in my opinion a poor Halliday and Candeias done more damage than missing Davis! 

9 hours ago, Del said:

Davis playing in that deeper role enabled Jack to play in a slightly different role, that he wasnt able to do today! 

If you interpret that as Davis making them better then thats up to you, but theres no doubt that the change affected us today and in my opinion a poor Halliday and Candeias done more damage than missing Davis! 

Davis and Arfield out meant Gerrard had to drop the in form Defoe and go with the buffalo because he knew Defoe would receive very little service so had to go back to the buffalo working a back 4 alone again , when Davis plays he’s a very intelligent player , finds pockets of space always available basically runs the game , yesterday jack and Kamara were back to pointless 5 yard balls , we must have had the ball for 3 minutes solid and didn’t come out the centre circle , jack done well for the goal but him and Kamara looked very ordinary without Davis yesterday 

By his standards, he's had a good season and has shown progress from last year.  Limited in ability though and should be seen as a squad player as we need better all round to move on to the next level (winning the league). Cannot do enough in the final third and that's where we need huge improvement next season. We can't all bomb forward but Kamara will sit and Davis isn't box to box anymore so it can't just be left to e.g. Arfield to chip in with goals. 

If any bids came in for him from England I'd bite the hand off you and try and up our quality. I don't see him being massively better than Rossiter or Docherty so any sale gives SG more dough. 

21 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Kinda like a modern Kevin Thomson. 

Good sqaud player but we seem to have that type of player in abundance.

Was really effective in the new formation dropping into the right back position and allowing Tav to bomb forward.

Nothing like kevin Thomson tbh ,Thomson was a miles better player than jack and I wish jack could tackle half as gd Thomson

On 19/05/2019 at 18:34, HairyBeary said:

I’m looking forward to another month of randomly slagging off our players ....

Always a player singled  for an indifferent performance when we don't get max points,  then it's made out they aren't Rangers quality. From Morelos to Davis, it's all part of social media bitching to see who can moan the best.

I think wee Jack does a lot of the hard work and goes unoticed. He isn't a glamorous box to box midfielder but is good at breaking up play. He has a good record when playing with Kamara and Davis and will be a mainstay in the team next season. 

On 20/05/2019 at 22:48, Sash tap said:

Extremely limited player.

take a ball on the half turn and drive forward fs.

has no pace, strength, can’t shoot and gets a nose bleed in front of goal.

Your description reminds me of stuart mccall back when walter was first here, yet he played a massive part in allowing guys like gazza and Laudrup the freedom from having to defend

18 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I like him, he's decent and I think enjoys playing alongside Davis and Kamara with Arfield sitting forward.

Best midfield setup we have had in some time 

One question Gerrard will have to think about this summer though, having seen these 4 players perform for the latter part of this season is whether that core combination is anywhere near good enough to be the midfield platform on which a title / trophy winning side can be forged for next season.   

It may be the best midfield combination we've had for some time but is it really likely to be good enough, have the creative quality and drive.....and goal scoring contribution….over a season to produce trophies.     Personally I think far more by way of creativity and goal scoring is needed and I don't readily see that coming from this combination.   It'll be interesting to see who Gerrard and the DoF bring in over summer to bolster that midfield by adding more creativity and more of a goal scoring threat.