'WATP Sessions'

39 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

If it's that popular why does literally every single event like this have a cultural element to it?

I've never been to any if these that has anything less than both types of music. I'm 99.99% sure I'll also never be at anything that doesn't feature both. 

That sounds like I prefer loyalism to Rangers which isn't the case but I can't imagine an evening of just Rangers song would ever take off.

These nights always incorporate both. It's why they're so successful 

2 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Probably all were minus the loyalist stuff pre mid-60s but since then I'd imagine very few. If not the full song book at least the sash would usually get an airing.

Anyway I don't see anything wrong with it and no one should feel threatened by it 

I have to ask why you think anyone would feel threatened by it? Very strange comment. 

I'm with rfc52, I have never ever been to a night where loyalist "stuff" doesn't get played or sung.

What will they do, throw a Rangers fan out who sings one? You realise the more alcohol consumed, they are even more likely to come out and I doubt very much that anyone would sit in silence.  

Without this coming across as negative, but after they have exhausted the "Rangers" songs in the blue book (and there isn't loads I might add) what will they do, repeat like a broken record with different variations? People will eventually get bored of same songs repeated which means it will end up fizzing out. 

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

If it's that popular why does literally every single event like this have a cultural element to it?

I'm just saying that events without the cultural element will be very popular. Just as the cultural events are.

There's easily an audience for both. And in both cases sometimes the same audience.

I don’t know why some people are so negative about this.

At the end of the day we are a football club and if people want to go and literally just sing songs about football then why are people knocking it?

If it flops it flops but at least someone is trying to do something new. If it flops then it’s because  the people have voted with their feet. If it’s successful why complain?

12 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I don’t know why some people are so negative about this.

At the end of the day we are a football club and if people want to go and literally just sing songs about football then why are people knocking it?

If it flops it flops but at least someone is trying to do something new. If it flops then it’s because  the people have voted with their feet. If it’s successful why complain?

I just find the whole thing extremely cringeworthy.

I am involved in organising the first night which will hopefully be towards the end of July.  Personally I think its a great opportunity to showcase and support local talented musicians who are bluenoses.   If there a couple of new songs that are catchy and take off fantastic hopefully they can be popular and be heard in the stadium which will contribute to the match atmosphere.  The artists will be performing some of their own original material and covers along with most of the popular current songbook.  This event will not be strict and heavily policed, the old favs will always be there!  Its about trying something a little different.  

3 minutes ago, cosmoger said:

I am involved in organising the first night which will hopefully be towards the end of July.  Personally I think its a great opportunity to showcase and support local talented musicians who are bluenoses.   If there a couple of new songs that are catchy and take off fantastic hopefully they can be popular and be heard in the stadium which will contribute to the match atmosphere.  The artists will be performing some of their own original material and covers along with most of the popular current songbook.  This event will not be strict and heavily policed, the old favs will always be there!  Its about trying something a little different.  

Not being funny mate but that's the exact opposite image being painted on FF

Just now, Jeffrey said:

Not being funny mate but that's the exact opposite image being painted on FF

It's more the add ons which imo are not needed.   It would be naive to think you can hold an event with hundreds of bears not anticipate some cultural songs!    I have only been involved for a few weeks and this point has been made clear to the guy who has written some good new songs.  

2 minutes ago, cosmoger said:

It's more the add ons which imo are not needed.   It would be naive to think you can hold an event with hundreds of bears not anticipate some cultural songs!    I have only been involved for a few weeks and this point has been made clear to the guy who has written some good new songs.  

Fair enough, that's not the impression the guy promoting it on FF is giving off.

Just now, Jeffrey said:

Fair enough, that's not the impression the guy promoting it on FF is giving off.

I would agree with you on that.  Past experience from running similar styled events have been communicated to him re the points you have made.  

11 minutes ago, cosmoger said:

Hope you invited the Union Bears along then mate 

1 minute ago, cosmoger said:

I would agree with you on that.  Past experience from running similar styled events have been communicated to him re the points you have made.  

Again fair enough and hope you're right but really 2 totally different messages being put across, haven't seen anything over there to indicate he has changed his mind.

Tempted to sign up just to ask for bigotry and suggest some pish songs for their night that will he cleansed of all the bad orange bigoted filth they see and hear. Sounds a great night, everycunt wearin chinos and shirts and no naughty words. Party hats all round and a little party pack to take up the road afterwards dished out, wee bag of monkey nuts and some flumps 😂 Like being at a 5th birthday party in the local community centre! 

On 23/05/2019 at 12:52, rabc10000 said:

Most Rangers bashes are limited in Rangers songs in my experiance 

Even my weans when they see a union flag anywhere its a Rangers flag ( mind they are only 5 and 6) and whenever they hear the sash etc it's a Rangers song so I don't think the younger ones need educated in songs at all

Haha, this made me laugh , I have the same problem, we’ll its not a problem but when you try to correct them and they ignore you it’s frustrating 😂. I was the same, was about 10 before the penny dropped it was our nations flag and not inclusive to Rangers!