Dorrans attacked

G.E.C.

8 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Where have I said it’s the players fault and anyway no one knows what actually happened apart from trying to work it out from a poor photo.

I don’t think this but being devils advocat how do we know that GD wasnt pissed right out his nut and acting like an arsehole ? I’ve seen that plenty of times with people who can’t handle their drink acting like an arsehole and getting a sore face for their trouble.

Difference between getting a sore face and a bottle over your head.

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

There are a few players in our squad who had they been drunk and acting the cunt I'd nor be surprised. GD is one of the most professional and quiet guys in that sense within the squad. 

Apparently it was DU fans trying to give them it stinking think the players said summit back and the tramps bottled him.

What if this happened in the merchant city? Would that be his fault for.being within a mile of the gallowgate?

I'm no comfortable with you now saying the player might have been acting like an arsehole. So far it's his fault for where he went and now he might have been acting the cunt ffs

You’re picking bits to suit your own agenda now 

23 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

It’s actually a mix of a few things and that includes the location, the scum who done it and who he is. 

I said the location isn’t the problem and in response now you’re saying ‘who he is’ is the problem? Think you’re being deliberately contrary here so I’m just going to leave you to whatever point your trying to make. 

Think 99% agree though that a player should be able to go on holiday without getting bottled and should be free to go wherever they like. Goes for every player from every team.  

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

Too many jumping on this post and not really getting what the post is all about.

Whats occurred is absolutely disgusting and at no point is the blame being put on GD as it’s all the cunt who has attacked him.

Any professional footballer from Glasgow should be able to go anywhere at any time but in the real world that isn’t possible as we all know what’s out there and you’re just a massive fkn target.

Anyone can see that this wasn't the best choice of location and let’s be honest he probably won’t be back and he’ll probably admit it wasn’t the best place to go.

Most of us wouldn’t walk through the gallowgate on a Saturday night wearing a Rangers top after beating Scurrilous FC and I don’t see this as any different. 

A wrong choice when there are a lot safer situations to put yourself in.

Yes, going to Ibiza on holiday is just like walking through the Gallowgate on a Saturday night just after beating them..

Amazing the amount of people jumping on their high horse and attacking Inigo for what was a reasonable post.

Stories going round now that he's not been bottled at all and it was a punch. Not that that makes it any better.

He should be able to go wherever he wants on holiday. He should be able to walk around without worrying about being attacked.

Sadly, we all know he can't though and that's the point Inigo was making. He never said it was Dorrans' fault ffs :lol:

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Yes, going to Ibiza on holiday is just like walking through the Gallowgate on a Saturday night just after beating them..

:lol:

it's like walking down the gallowgate after beating the taigs with a Rangers top on and I don't see this as any different

that's got to be one of the best sentences ever on a Rangers forum.

I get what some of the posters are trying to say. 
Yes a footballer should be able to go wherever they want on holiday and relax and just enjoy themselves. 
However we live in a fucked up wee country with arseholes who are willing to break the law and assault a person they dont know because of the team that footballer has chosen to represent. And if I was a footballer I'd not put myself in that position. 

I'm not saying that's right as it's clearly not, but I think I'd personally choose a destination that's not likely to have groups of drink fuelled morons that might want to take a pop at me because I played for Rangers.

Headline news as sectarian attempted murder I’d imagine?

Can guess what would happen if one of their players was leathered on holiday. Been saying it for ages, they continually get away with stuff and it’s going to end up  with someone being killed.

3 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Headline news as sectarian attempted murder I’d imagine?

Can guess what would happen if one of their players was leathered on holiday. Been saying it for ages, they continually get away with stuff and it’s going to end up  with someone being killed.

Dont think so tbh.

Dorrans to be charged with negligence for going to Ibiza.

If Dorrans and Jack spent a week on a private yacht with their GFs people on here would be shouting its a disgrace, paid too much etc 

Go to Ibiza with their birds, like many many other footballers and many normal folk, get attacked and its their fault :lol:

I have quite a lot of mates that go to Ibiza and never once heard of any of them being attacked and bottled in the street.

Can't believe what I am reading on here. Typical of some of our modern fans, 

'he should not be there because its full of neds, scum, etc' 

Last time I looked, there are plenty of families go to Ibiza, can't be that bad

Fact is what has happened is shocking, two Rangers players holidaying in a provocative and sectarian manner... 

Hope GD is okay and enjoys the rest of his holiday. 

7 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

If Dorrans and Jack spent a week on a private yacht with their GFs people on here would be shouting its a disgrace, paid too much etc 

Go to Ibiza with their birds, like many many other footballers and many normal folk, get attacked and its their fault :lol:

I have quite a lot of mates that go to Ibiza and never once heard of any of them being attacked and bottled in the street.

No one's said it was their fault though?