Double Standards

19 minutes ago, BigDak said:

The reason is they cunts have got the word “fenian” on the naughty list but “H**” isn’t. I had it out with some halfwits on pish and bog roll and they pretend that they use “H**” to mean solely a Rangers supporter and it’s nothing to do with religion. In spite of the fact that Hearts supporters get called “mini-H***” or “H*** lite”.

Might be misinterpreting this but, then you can say that fenian etc is religious or whatnot because we refer to Hibs as the same, just like they do with Hearts/us.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Might be misinterpreting this but, then you can say that fenian etc is religious or whatnot becayse ue refer to Hibs as the same, just like they do with Hearts/us.

Where is there religion from the original connotations of either word though? They've skewed it to be so, to serve their agenda.

1 minute ago, islanderbear84 said:

Where is there religion from the original connotations of either word though? They've skewed it to be so, to serve their agenda.

It's not religious. My point is, if you point out they call Hearts fans H*** and that makes H** religious, then us calling Hibs the same as what we call the tarriers surely that means that's religious as well. Neither are. 

18 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It's not religious. My point is, if you point out they call Hearts fans H*** and that makes H** religious, then us calling Hibs the same as what we call the tarriers surely that means that's religious as well. Neither are. 

You've lost me. Im not sure if you are now in agreement with me on the whole thing!

6 hours ago, islanderbear84 said:

Today I am. Lol. Keep scumdee down! One more goal needed

They are a division below the most famous yet again.  Long may it last.

A diddy club with a handfull of supporters. They always have been. St. Mirren are a bigger club and deserved their win imo. 

13 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

They are a division below the most famous yet again.  Long may it last.

A diddy club with a handfull of supporters. They always have been. St. Mirren are a bigger club and deserved their win imo. 

Biggest thing they celebrate is our demise. Ironic now that we are back where we belong (almost! Once we win the title then that rebalances the universe) and they have gone from bad to worse. The poetic justice of cause and effect!

1 hour ago, islanderbear84 said:

Your assertion is that we don't have grounds to complain because of what we sing! 

My assertion of his point is we canny greet about getting called H*** etc if we're singing about them being fenians and up to our knees in fenian blood 

46 minutes ago, islanderbear84 said:

You've lost me. Im not sure if you are now in agreement with me on the whole thing!

His point was H** has a religious connotation because they call Hearts fans H***, which I disagree with, it's like saying fenian has religious connotations because we call Hibs similar. 

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

His point was H** has a religious connotation because they call Hearts fans H***, which I disagree with, it's like saying fenian has religious connotations because we call Hibs similar. 

But the point is H** isn't decreed as taboo. They can say 'kill all H***' and 'H*** must die' with zero repercussions. Look at the year they hung effigies. Open season. We are like the Yazidi of scotland nowadays.

9 hours ago, islanderbear84 said:

Sounds to me like you don't agree with what we sing. 

Surely you aren't saying that though!

No.

We sing songs that can be construed as potentially more offensive than what was sung - every single week. It’s barely mentioned anywhere anymore.

Only time I’ve heard it mentioned was when Clarke went to the media after being utterly pumped and when we beat celtic for the second time and Keavins, Speirs and English all turned the deflectors up to 100. 

7 hours ago, islanderbear84 said:

But the point is H** isn't decreed as taboo. They can say 'kill all H***' and 'H*** must die' with zero repercussions. Look at the year they hung effigies. Open season. We are like the Yazidi of scotland nowadays.

Except there's been convictions aggravated by religious prejudice based on the use of the word H**.

43 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

No.

We sing songs that can be construed as potentially more offensive than what was sung - every single week. It’s barely mentioned anywhere anymore.

Only time I’ve heard it mentioned was when Clarke went to the media after being utterly pumped and when we beat celtic for the second time and Keavins, Speirs and English all turned the deflectors up to 100. 

If you think our songs are more offensive than what the dundee utd fans were singing then I don't understand how you can start your reply with 'no' in response to me saying you don't agree with what we sing.

16 hours ago, islanderbear84 said:

Watching the playoff just now and Dundee Utd fans in anger that beaton hasn't given a decision their way, start chanting 'you're just a H** with a whistle'.

No outcry about the disgusting songbook from todays game I bet. Why has it been allowed that a seemingly derogatory term that offends scum fans gets us highlighted as disgusting for using it, yet anyone who calls protestants 'H***' (an equally offensive term) are never criticised.

We really have to rise up and stop allowing ourselves to slowly slide into becoming lower class citizens with no rights!! Hard in this cesspit country but we really must try!

Getting all mock offended for being called a H** is bad enough - but you're getting all offended because a team's supporters sang a song at the referee and the teams and ref have nothing to do with us. :lol: 

Should this topic even be in the Bears Den?? 

1 hour ago, One Jock Wallace said:

A few years back I had an email exchange with a leading officer in FOCUS regarding the use of the word H** & her instructions from the CPS was that the word would only be deemed offensive in conjunction with other offensive words. H** bastards for example. 

It's the same with fenian iirc, although the actual context of it matters too,  which is why something like 'neil lennon's fenian army' gets a pass but calling them 'fenian bastards' could get you lifted. 

1 hour ago, islanderbear84 said:

If you think our songs are more offensive than what the dundee utd fans were singing then I don't understand how you can start your reply with 'no' in response to me saying you don't agree with what we sing.

I like being offensive...

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Getting all mock offended for being called a H** is bad enough - but you're getting all offended because a team's supporters sang a song at the referee and the teams and ref have nothing to do with us. :lol: 

Should this topic even be in the Bears Den?? 

Can always count on you to totally miss the point! I was stating that the fact it wont be highlighted by the media is what pisses me off.

Theres no chance you can be that mentally retarded that you make a cunt of it every single time! Surely its just an act!

19 hours ago, islanderbear84 said:

Watching the playoff just now and Dundee Utd fans in anger that beaton hasn't given a decision their way, start chanting 'you're just a H** with a whistle'.

No outcry about the disgusting songbook from todays game I bet. Why has it been allowed that a seemingly derogatory term that offends scum fans gets us highlighted as disgusting for using it, yet anyone who calls protestants 'H***' (an equally offensive term) are never criticised.

We really have to rise up and stop allowing ourselves to slowly slide into becoming lower class citizens with no rights!! Hard in this cesspit country but we really must try!

100% Brother :tu: NEVER FORGIVE. NEVER FORGET.

image.thumb.jpeg.75f73d01826cd332034fb1c9ea355378.jpeg