Double Standards

18 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No it isn’t.

You’re lying if you’re honestly saying there are articles of our songs every game.

Super Rangers and the Billy Boys are sung week in week out.

National Sports programme will highlight everytime we sing the big bad F word. 

Considering the scum sing about the IRA  and H*** every game but nothing is said, would to any rational person show a huge set of double standards. 

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Getting all mock offended for being called a H** is bad enough - but you're getting all offended because a team's supporters sang a song at the referee and the teams and ref have nothing to do with us. :lol: 

Should this topic even be in the Bears Den?? 

And the Republican nutter misses the point of the entire thread once. 

11 hours ago, RZA83 said:

My assertion of his point is we canny greet about getting called H*** etc if we're singing about them being fenians and up to our knees in fenian blood 

And another one misses the point. 

All of you trying so hard with the whataboutery. 

5 minutes ago, MasterD said:

The real tragedy here is that on a bank holiday weekend cunts sat and watched a dundee untied game.

Fucking hell.

What so we aren’t allowed to watch a game of football now, a game that will decide what team we will play next season. 

Take it Im not allowed to watch the Aston Villa v Derby game today as well then. 

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

And another one misses the point. 

All of you trying so hard with the whataboutery. 

It must be an act. People can't be so thick that they get it miles wrong on an almost daily basis on here.

We know BP9 is only on here to annoy opposition fans of his boyhood club, so I will assume he understood the opening post and is just being deliberately difficult.

13 minutes ago, islanderbear84 said:

It must be an act. People can't be so thick that they get it miles wrong on an almost daily basis on here.

We know BP9 is only on here to annoy opposition fans of his boyhood club, so I will assume he understood the opening post and is just being deliberately difficult.

They vote SNP mate, so anything is possible. 

6 minutes ago, islanderbear84 said:

Oh oh. You mentioned politics. Cue all the comments now how we shouldn't equate the support of the team to the party you vote.

Aye more fucking nonsense. 

Voting for those shower of cunts should rule you out of society never mind football. 

11 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I think one or two people are being deliberately obtuse here. 

The point isn't about who sings what. 99.9% of us don't care about them using H** or us fenian. I

The point is in the reporting of it and the way that Scottish society has now taken the use of the word fenian. Any use of it is now deemed to be an act of sectarianism (defined by members of the snp as solely anti-Catholic racism) where as, any word against Protestantism is absolutely fine unless it is proceeded by the word "bastard". 

The reporting of the use of said words in the media is very one sided. Yes, you may occasionally hear of opposition support singing songs but it is generally laughed off as a bit of banter by the msm (The Boyd incident), and usually only in the printed press. The televised media (BBC, Sky and BT) usually call out fans out on it while praising the jolly craicsters for licensing up the party mood with their songs of their homeland (fifth generation new Yorkers have more Irish in them than this lot), while our fans regularly get mentions for the songs sung.

Jonathan Sutherland is one of the worst. It's getting a weekly occurrence now (funnily times with our best winning run of the season) where the starts off the piece by mentioning "sectarian singing". 

It's tiresome now, and all we as supporters want is parity in terms of reporting and fairness in editing. They have a petty beef with the club but they are also funded by the fans and as I say I have no issue with them singing or us singing. That's part and parcel of football.

People have politicised it to win votes, but make no mistake that we are the villains in this piece, and the narrative is set that singing songs hurts people emotionally but attacking people, hanging religiously offensive effigies, bottling women and children on the way to a game is all part of the craic and part of an inclusive Scotland. 

Welcome to the republic of scotland. 

In a nutshell and fucked on the head with a hammer. 

Post of the thread. 👍

21 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

The point isn't about who sings what. 99.9% of us don't care about them using H** or us fenian. I

The point is in the reporting of it and the way that Scottish society has now taken the use of the word fenian. Any use of it is now deemed to be an act of sectarianism (defined by members of the snp as solely anti-Catholic racism) where as, any word against Protestantism is absolutely fine unless it is proceeded by the word "bastard". 

The reporting of the use of said words in the media is very one sided. Yes, you may occasionally hear of opposition support singing songs but it is generally laughed off as a bit of banter by the msm (The Boyd incident), and usually only in the printed press. The televised media (BBC, Sky and BT) usually call out fans out on it while praising the jolly craicsters for licensing up the party mood with their songs of their homeland (fifth generation new Yorkers have more Irish in them than this lot), while our fans regularly get mentions for the songs sung.

Jonathan Sutherland is one of the worst. It's getting a weekly occurrence now (funnily times with our best winning run of the season) where the starts off the piece by mentioning "sectarian singing". 

It's tiresome now, and all we as supporters want is parity in terms of reporting and fairness in editing. They have a petty beef with the club but they are also funded by the fans and as I say I have no issue with them singing or us singing. That's part and parcel of football.

People have politicised it to win votes, but make no mistake that we are the villains in this piece, and the narrative is set that singing songs hurts people emotionally but attacking people, hanging religiously offensive effigies, bottling women and children on the way to a game is all part of the craic and part of an inclusive Scotland. 

Is sutherland not the so called Rangers fans who calls us H***?

24 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Have celtic fans been pulled for using 'fenian' to describe themselves or has it only been folk who have used it with other derogatory terms?

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What so we aren’t allowed to watch a game of football now, a game that will decide what team we will play next season. 

Take it Im not allowed to watch the Aston Villa v Derby game today as well then. 

No you're not. You should only ever watch Rangers...

But if you must watch another team, it should definitely not be Dumbdee United :p:

Each to their own mind you :lol: xx

4 minutes ago, murzo said:

Has a black person been called a racist for using ‘n•••er’ to describe themselves? 

Yes, they have

.https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/dec/04/man-cleared-racial-abuse-endearment

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2013/09/03/218614650/judge-says-you-cant-say-that-word-period?t=1558970964132

3 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

F**king great post mate.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Both those examples are of a person calling someone else the word not themselves so you’ve not answered the question I asked.