***Official Scotland National Team Thread***

23 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He did and out of the 2 I mentioned he's probably the one I'd be less pissed about getting in ahead of Jack, though I still think Jack is better. After Shinnie's game v Kazakhstan I'm astonished he has retained his place in the squad - especially given how well Jack has played for us since that game. 

It's an awful squad with awful options up top. McBurnie scored 22 goals in the Championship and isn't in the squad :lol:

The key differences between Scotland and those other countries is our coaching is archaic, our league structure is archaic and our players don't go abroad at a young age. Read a thing recently that one of the reasons why Croatia do so well is they actively encourage young players to move into other leagues at a young age so they can develop quicker

Totally agree and it will takes years and a significant mindset change for Scotland to  start to catch up. 

Jack should absolutely be in the squad.

Scotland have a limited pool of players to call on so surely they should be calling up as many players who have played at the highest level available to them that they can?

I think it’s mental that they are leaving out a player who played a decent amount of European football and one who was one of the most consistent players across the Old Firm games this season.

It's a very uninspiring squad with the usual names being picked (Charlie Mulgrew. Why?!) And the usual lack of Rangers players being called up, which is bizarre as we have an increasing number of Scottish players and more who will come back from injury. 

Jack being excluded in particular is a strange one considering the extra experience in Europe this season over the likes of Shinnie, although that may have been at the request of Rangers with the Europa league starting up soon.

The next squad i think will tell us more about Clarke's Scotland. I honestly think the hatred from the rest of Scottish football will see few If any of our players getting called up, which says a lot about the state of the game up here now. Long gone are the days of there being an even split. They would rather fill the squad with mid table spl dross. 

With SC in charge and looking at his first squad I can at least go back to not bothering how the national team get on. When McLeish was manager part of me wanted them to do well for his sake, especially as the tartin trannies had it in for him from day one because he once managed us. 

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

That squad is horrific 😂 

Brophy and McNulty up front anyone? Strike force of dreams!

if you look at the squad on bbc teletex thay have made an arse of it   they have murphy in   mcginn of hibs mclaughlin of hearts etc         s