Price of Football

Ace

On 29/05/2019 at 17:19, Brackley Bluenose said:

I remember reading a stat once, as much I hate Scottish fucking football, that said Scottish football actually has the highest attendances per capita than any country in the world. 

The Faroe Islands is actually higher but it probably doesnt count as we are not an independent country. We have about 5000 registered football players and an estimated 10% of the population attend football games on a regular basis. Population stands at 51.000 just now.

55 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

The Faroe Islands is actually higher but it probably doesnt count as we are not an independent country. We have about 5000 registered football players and an estimated 10% of the population attend football games on a regular basis. Population stands at 51.000 just now.

Do you have plastic pitches there mate for the top league?  

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Can understand that with the weather you have. There’s no excuse for plastic pitches in the top league in Scotland. When does your season start and end? 

We started the season on march 10. and finish on the 26th of october. 

Worth pointing out that this was for 2017/18 and not the season just gone. Hopefully our numbers for then will look much better given the extra ticket revenue, European run and higher placed finished.

The filth failing to qualify for the Champions League should also make a big difference to their numbers. Will be interesting reading. 

5 hours ago, TheCutch said:

@johanhentze did I remember correctly you saying a while back that football is now taught as part of the curriculum in the schools in the Faroes? 

I seem to recall you saying something along those lines mate. 

It is, yes, in selected schools. They had a pilot class a few years ago.. basically it was a class of boys that had football training every day along with everything that goes with it. I think there are 4 or 5 of the bigger schools that are doing it now.

4 hours ago, johanhentze said:

It is, yes, in selected schools. They had a pilot class a few years ago.. basically it was a class of boys that had football training every day along with everything that goes with it. I think there are 4 or 5 of the bigger schools that are doing it now.

Cheers mate.

Sounds like a cracking scheme to get going. 👍

16 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

Cheers mate.

Sounds like a cracking scheme to get going. 👍

Well, we cant rely on numbers when it comes to talent so we have to do something a bit different. The next crop of players will be a level above what we have now.. They are already getting picked up by the likes of FC Midtjylland and the likes at a very young age. We also have a football academy now on top of the schools.