Sfa explain Flanagan decision

jintybear

Probably inundated with request for an explanation!!

Andy Newport✔@AndyNewportPA

· 2h

On PA wires: Rangers defender Jon Flanagan escaped punishment for his Old Firm clash with Scott Brown after SFA disciplinary bosses ruled it did not meet the “brutality” test required for a sending off

SFA's written reasons can be found here: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5281/reasons-jonathon-flanagan-Rangers-fc.pdf …

Andy Newport✔@AndyNewportPA

SFA Complaince officer consulted three former refs before citing Flanagan, with one claiming he had used his arm like a “weapon” while striking Brown. But fast track panel ruled incident was not “excessive”

5:54 PM - May 29, 2019

Twitter Ads info and privacy

See Andy Newport's other Tweets

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1133778573523861504

GN905.thumb.png.b0f9d9b875b9543a3e3630fe5abc6ab8.png

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

Interesting in point 11 there that it states "having viewed the available footage of the incident, provided by both parties.." Suggests that celtic had representation there too.

Surely that shouldn't be the case as it should be Flanagan against the football authorities, unless the notice of complaint was made by celtic?  If it refers to them, they shouldn't be involved.

Ceptic are the authority.......

17 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Bottom line is that Broonie went down holding his face , Lennon said it was a blatant elbow to the face, yet the panel ,the cameras and the referee said no contact with the face. 

Exactly, why wasn't Lego pulled up for simulation?

25 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Bottom line is that Broonie went down holding his face , Lennon said it was a blatant elbow to the face, yet the panel ,the cameras and the referee said no contact with the face. 

Should Brown not be charged with simulation if they judged there was no contact with the face? We should of appealed Morelos red card too.

5 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Why in the fucking hell are they even clarifying this? Do they only go over and above when explaining decisions in our favour? Does it ever happen the other way round. Ever tiny little fucking thing we do or don't do is always over analysed to fuck! What a farce!

Someone will be along soon to tell you you're paranoid. You ain't.

22 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Lennon also said he was hit on the face by a coin,anatomy obviously not his strong point.

Spot on, clear as day for one and all to see in both instances but I have still to hear just one pundit or media platform highlight this...

2 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Interesting in point 11 there that it states "having viewed the available footage of the incident, provided by both parties.." Suggests that celtic had representation there too.

Surely that shouldn't be the case as it should be Flanagan against the football authorities, unless the notice of complaint was made by celtic?  If it refers to them, they shouldn't be involved.

I’d imagine it would be listed as an action of the Compliance Officer against Flanagan. 

So the CO will have provided video evidence/submissions in support of their recommendation, and Flanagan/Rangers will have done the same.

If the extent of brutality needs assessing then how about the extent to which Brown is an arsehole?..I see he was an arsehole again against Hearts.

In real life if you are an arsehole you get a punch on the nose. Of course if Brown gets the slightest push he goes down like a Bangkok hooker, and that in itself is arsehole behaviour. 

In conclusion he's an arsehole, a big arsehole. 

10 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

If the extent of brutality needs assessing then how about the extent to which Brown is an arsehole?..I see he was an arsehole again against Hearts.

In real life if you are an arsehole you get a punch on the nose. Of course if Brown gets the slightest push he goes down like a Bangkok hooker, and that in itself is arsehole behaviour. 

In conclusion he's an arsehole, a big arsehole. 

This is not new information

I'm convinced they just make it up as they go along. A pointless statement confirming their own rules.

Flanagan should have been red carded. The referee seen it and gave him a yellow. He got away with one.

The review seen nothing drastically different to what the referee interpreted - hence decided to overturn the retrospective 2 game ban.

I don't understand why the whole compliance officer thing, which whilst flawed, managed to more or less work with a degree of sense with regards to sanctions, has went crazy this year.

5 hours ago, Badger said:

I'm convinced they just make it up as they go along. A pointless statement confirming their own rules.

Flanagan should have been red carded. The referee seen it and gave him a yellow. He got away with one.

The review seen nothing drastically different to what the referee interpreted - hence decided to overturn the retrospective 2 game ban.

I don't understand why the whole compliance officer thing, which whilst flawed, managed to more or less work with a degree of sense with regards to sanctions, has went crazy this year.

Based on which legislation should he have been red carded?