***Official Champions League final 2019 Thread***

11 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

The penalty ruined the game.   It was never a penalty in a million years.  He flicked it up to his arm as he was pointing for someone to defend the space, there was Fuck all he could do about it.  

If it was giving against us in a big game I would be fuming 

Some Refs would give it,others wouldn't,that's the f**kup they made of the handball rule but I agree,would likely have been a better game had L'pool not be given that pen.

24 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Some Refs would give it,others wouldn't,that's the f**kup they made of the handball rule but I agree,would likely have been a better game had L'pool not be given that pen.

Honestly I fell asleep after 15mins and woke up when Liverpool had the cup in front of the fans to find out it was a dire final.   

23 hours ago, pcbear said:

Klopp is a good guy and very few will grudge him this, but for the ultimate showpiece what an awful game class players incapable of performing anything like their capabilities, that was a strange game.

There's many a CL final turned out to be the same tbh and worse.

It was never going to reach the heights of both semi finals, but I think that penalty shocked both teams and the heat didn't help after a 3 week lay off either.

Spurs had the majority of the play, but had little in the final third. Liverpool had the better of the chances and the second goal a peach.

It was obvious Liverpool had the better players and pretty much cruised imo, even though many of their players weren't at it.

They were worthy winners and Klopp is just THE man. They've played exciting football all season and a joy to watch, the man is now a legend. One of life's good guys who wears his heart on his sleeve. 

Feel good for Stevie G and let's hope with his relationship with Klopp he can secure us Kent and some other Liverpool second stringers for our campaign. Him witnessing that final will drive him to bigger and better for us.

15 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

There's many a CL final turned out to be the same tbh and worse.

It was never going to reach the heights of both semi finals, but I think that penalty shocked both teams and the heat didn't help after a 3 week lay off either.

Spurs had the majority of the play, but had little in the final third. Liverpool had the better of the chances and the second goal a peach.

It was obvious Liverpool had the better players and pretty much cruised imo, even though many of their players weren't at it.

They were worthy winners and Klopp is just THE man. They've played exciting football all season and a joy to watch, the man is now a legend. One of life's good guys who wears his heart on his sleeve. 

Feel good for Stevie G and let's hope with his relationship with Klopp he can secure us Kent and some other Liverpool second stringers for our campaign. Him witnessing that final will drive him to bigger and better for us.

Are European finals with teams from the same league ever very good? One of the things that make European games (like the 2 semi's) so good is that the teams don't quite know each other as well as they do in domestic football