*****Official Women's World Cup 2019****

30 minutes ago, left winger said:

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/club/Rangers-womens-programme-investment-increased/

Women's team fully integrated. Looks like the club has a slightly different opinion of women's football. Good to see.

Bollocks,like all Pro clubs Rangers are being forced into this waste of money by FIFA/UEFA. Women's footie can't stand on it's own feet so the men's game subsidise it.

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

My problem is who is going to watch it ? Or pay to go and watch it week in week out ?

Lets face it the majority of women would rather go shopping than watch football

Dunno. I probably wouldn't - certainly not week in, week out. 

However, let's face it the majority of men would rather do something else than watch football.

A successful Rangers women's team = more Rangers fans. Result.

19 minutes ago, left winger said:

Dunno. I probably wouldn't - certainly not week in, week out. 

However, let's face it the majority of men would rather do something else than watch football.

A successful Rangers women's team = more Rangers fans. Result.

I just see it as a money making exercise for FIFA, some how they think women’s football is something that will pull in viewers.

It worked for the female World Cup but let’s face it would your average football fan male or female have been watching if there had been real football being played.

If women want to play football, fine, but it has to be self funding not seen as something clubs should be doing just to be PC.

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

My problem is who is going to watch it ? Or pay to go and watch it week in week out ?

Lets face it the majority of women would rather go shopping than watch football.

Most of the fans at these SWPL games are simply families and friends of the players. Can't see any of that changing, even with live TV coverage on BBC Scotland which is being planned for the season.