LICENCE PROBE SFA to make decision on Rangers 2011 Uefa licence

Smile

1 minute ago, backup said:

there is no duty to release anything to the CO, hence the attitude of the CO defies logic...moral and legal.

I do realise that, but why should that stop us saying it?  

What would you (or the public) think if a senior person in the governing body or a club denied they "had a duty" in this instance?

Just now, coopsleftboot said:

Think you've missed the point....

I haven't missed any point, there wasn't one, the Justice Committee and to an extent the CO have seen to that, and have been roundly criticised for it. 

10 hours ago, Lets go 55 said:

That's not a bad idea but in my opinion you would still have supporters going to these games no matter what ,no point falling out over this ,we need someone to get a concensus from all the Rangers support to come up with a plan of action to express our disgust at the beasts from the East.

First game at Ibrox empty the stands 10 minutes before kick off , still time to get back in ,same at half time ,67th minute BJK  blasted out .

We would have to get someone in each stand to set this off , the various supporters organisations need to come together as one to fight the enemy.

My preferred option would be first game at  the chamber of horrors ,Rangers line up for the Kick off , soon as the placeman blows his whistle ,Mr Gerrard and his backroom staff and players walk to the touchline and call the team off and March up the tunnel ,any Rangers supporters take their cue from this and leave.

3points lost but by fuck think of the reaction , it would reverberate around the world when the guttersnipes in the media would have to report that Glasgow Rangers could not participate in this particular fixture and we are prepared to take the punishment that will no doubt follow on the grounds of Moral integrity and until such times as this football club has been subjected to the appropriate sanctions we will refuse to take to the field against them and by the way dont bother coming to Ibrox cause youse won't be getting in.

We are off to consult with EUEFA..

Kick them Out.

Just the one club and not the several others who have covered up child abuse?

1 minute ago, backup said:

I haven't missed any point, there wasn't one, the Justice Committee and to an extent the CO have seen to that, and have been roundly criticised for it. 

The point has absolutely nothing at all about what the Justice Committee or CO has said or done previously, that's for them.

This was about Rangers commenting within the environment of Scottish football, taking the bull by the horns (the moral high-ground if you like) and releasing a statement that fully accepts the history of this, acknowledges the steps taken thus far and considers what's happening doesn't go far enough.  It's about Rangers acknowledging this goes far deeper and requires more than a "review" and recognises there may have been criminality, and it's about Rangers being up front and taking responsibility....and expecting others to do the same.

Maybe if I'd written the "statement" better that would have been obvious. I did start off the post by acknowledging I'm not a "statement-meister".  :)

Rangers should respond along the lines of 

“the SFA pursuing this whilst more pressing matters needing an enquiry continue to go unnoticed “

Don’t name any club or anything.  A thinly veiled dig and it will be just enough throw the cat amongst the pigeons. 

3 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

The point has absolutely nothing at all about what the Justice Committee or CO has said or done previously, that's for them.

This was about Rangers commenting within the environment of Scottish football, taking the bull by the horns (the moral high-ground if you like) and releasing a statement that fully accepts the history of this, acknowledges the steps taken thus far and considers what's happening doesn't go far enough.  It's about Rangers acknowledging this goes far deeper and requires more than a "review" and recognises there may have been criminality, and it's about Rangers being up front and taking responsibility....and expecting others to do the same.

Maybe if I'd written the "statement" better that would have been obvious. I did start off the post by acknowledging I'm not a "statement-meister".  🙂

No probs, all we know is it is one industrial scale of a cover up 👍

3 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Rangers should respond along the lines of 

the SFA pursuing this whilst more pressing matters needing an enquiry continue to go unnoticed “

Don’t name any club or anything.  A thinly veiled dig and it will be just enough throw the cat amongst the pigeons. 

Other than the inquiry they started two years ago?

3 minutes ago, backup said:

Who would they be, taigs hivees.. any others...

There are indeed others. Surely someone so vocal as yourself would have an idea of the other clubs in the country that have acknowledged they covered up child abuse and allegations made against employees.

Just now, The Dude said:

There are indeed others. Surely someone so vocal as yourself would have an idea of the other clubs in the country that have acknowledged they covered up child abuse and allegations made against employees.

So why no clubs named in the glorious enquiry results released by the SFA. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

So why no clubs named in the glorious enquiry results released by the SFA. 

The SFA enquiry wasn't about apportioning blame/culpability (that's for the courts) but ensuring it can't be allowed to happen again. AFAIK, they weren't investigating specific instances at individual clubs but the overall safeguarding procedures in place at a national level.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Surely someone so vocal as yourself would have an idea of the other clubs in the country that have acknowledged they covered up child abuse and allegations made against employees.

No, that is why I am asking you, you made the statement ..  "Just the one club and not the several others who have covered up child abuse"

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Other than the inquiry they started two years ago?

Aye . Not sure if you have noticed but in that two years there has been numerous convictions all relating to one specific club. The reaction from the football governing body has been nothing short of a disgrace.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The SFA enquiry wasn't about apportioning blame/culpability (that's for the courts) but ensuring it can't be allowed to happen again. AFAIK, they weren't investigating specific instances at individual clubs but the overall safeguarding procedures in place at a national level.

😂😂 So lets have an enquiry into all this criminality but don’t mention the criminality. 

So all they really did for 2 years was watch what every other sector involved with children did to improve their protection procedures and did the same thing. 

What an absolute whitewash. 

2 minutes ago, backup said:

No, that is why I am asking you, you made the statement ..  "Just the one club and not the several others who have covered up child abuse"

So youre telling me that youre so vocal on clubs being punished but have missed clibs publicly acknowledging they buried allegations and never reported them? 

Just now, The Dude said:

So youre telling me that youre so vocal on clubs being punished but have missed clubs publicly acknowledging they buried allegations and never reported them? 

Why are you avoiding naming names, don't you have any ?

Just now, The Dude said:

So youre telling me that youre so vocal on clubs being punished but have missed clibs publicly acknowledging they buried allegations and never reported them? 

Well tell us then or are you just on here for the usual Dude time. 

So far we have Scum FC, Hibs & Partick. 

The floor is yours. 

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Aye . Not sure if you have noticed but in that two years there has been numerous convictions all relating to one specific club. The reaction from the football governing body has been nothing short of a disgrace.

Harry Dunn also died while awaiting trial (no connection to celtic)

Partick Thistle acknowledged allegations against a now-deceased physio years ago that they buried. Allegations were also made about him during his time at Motherwell (no connection to celtic)

Robert Smith of Glasgow was convicted of abusing boys at a club in Easterhouse (no connection to celtic)

There were complaints made against Gordon Neely at a number of clubs (no connection to celtic).

Some of those convicted that are linked to celtic also had allegations made against them at other clubs - and one was convicted based on what happened at a club other than celtic. 

Nobody is saying celtic are in any way innocent here but lets not pretend they are the only ones that are guilty.

Just now, The Dude said:

I've named them countless times and it's all in the public domain. They've even been named in the thread.

No, you named allegations which are just that, now if you have proof that these allegations are true..publish them or otherwise we can stick to that what we know has been proven in a criminal court.