Our Best Underwhelming Signing Success?

sco22y

1 hour ago, LV said:

Grandfather followed the Shettleston Juniors at that time told me and my cousin that he would walk in to our team and all they got was a bag of balls 

Seen him playing for Shetleston in the Scottish junior cup semi at Firhill and said to my mate " that guy's some player", he was an absolute stand out, and a bloke behind me overheard me talking and said he's going to be signing for The Rangers in the next couple of weeks, didn't believe him at the time but when I seen he had been signed a couple of weeks later I couldn't believe it then either.

I had heard that rumour about a bag of balls at the time as well.

Jean- Alain Boumsong, never really heard anything about him signed on a free, 18 games 2 goals later he was off to Newcastle for 8 million bucks. Really was a case of blink at you missed it but in that short space of time I thought he was fantastic :bow:

Mark Walters

Signed for 500 000,  and let’s face it when he signed Scotland in general was a fairly racist place, sounds embarrassing to say now but a lot of ppl thought no way a black man could fill the boots  of the magic that was Davie Cooper. How wrong we were.

I actually fell in love with the guy, made the left wing his own, and was an absolutely great signing, definitely became a hero of mine, made his debut at the piggery and every Rangers fan had his back after what has been dubbed the worst racist incident in BRITISH football with manky bastards being the manky bastards they are. 

On 15/06/2019 at 00:37, Amato said:

Interesting suggestion and one I never saw coming. Good post.

I’d never heard of Wallace before he signed but the cunt finished like Defoe does now.  Lethal.  We had a very expensive team at that team spearheaded by a bosman.  Rod Wallace must be the best value signing we’ve ever made.

18 hours ago, SonOfLuther said:

Bobby Russell, Bobby, Bobby Russell.

giphy-downsized-large (86).gif

giphy-downsized-large (87).gif

His goal v PSV away was my favourite ever Gers goal,  he was some player  Russell and Cooper both left Rangers too soon as they would have done Souness a turn no problem.

Astonishing that a man of such ability was never capped,

if he was strutting his stuff now he would be an ever present.

3 hours ago, pcbear said:

His goal v PSV away was my favourite ever Gers goal,  he was some player  Russell and Cooper (2nd gif) both left Rangers too soon as they would have done Souness a turn no problem.

Astonishing that a man of such ability was never capped,

if he was strutting his stuff now he would be an ever present.

There you go mate. 

Tremendous player.

giphy-downsized-large (9).gif

bobbyrussell.gif

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Decent shout. Remember when we signed him and Bollan and wondering what the fuck Smith was doing.

Aye , he done really well mate , was first choice right back for 2/3 seasons 👍🏻 Never let us down 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Aye , he done really well mate , was first choice right back for 2/3 seasons 👍🏻 Never let us down 

Always wonder what would've happened had Wright not done his cruciate. Would've been an interesting fight between the two of them for the shirt until big Porrini arrived on the scene.

19 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Actually Ryan Kent.

Was not happy with that at the beginning of the season, and thought I was right after a couple of games too. 

It took a bit of time for me to take to him as well. Thought at first he just looked like a typical street/freestyle footballer. Proved me wrong after the Rapid game.

58 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Can never hear him mentioned without remembering looking like an absolute twat when Del Piero totally fooled him. What a turn that was.😲 Alec is probably still looking for him.

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Can never hear him mentioned without remembering looking like an absolute twat when Del Piero totally fooled him. What a turn that was.😲 Alec is probably still looking for him.

Didn't one of the papers have a step-by-step guide how to do it? I was still at primary school at the time and remember everyone trying to copy it.

Claudio reyna, didn't expect much probably due to him being American. Turned out to be a great little player for us. Believe it or not I was very underwhelmed the same as most people when we signed Ray Wilkins, everyone thought he was done and he had the false reputation of being nothing more than someone who passed the ball sideways. First game he played against hearts everyone knew straight away how wrong they were. He was some player.