Those “marquee” signings?

KeyserSoze

4 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Marquee is subjective. 

If you are expecting a bigger name than Aribo or Edmondsen then you might be disappointed. 

I think our incoming business will be done with those two additions. 

I'm sure we need another striker, maybe another CB and a left back, regardless

7 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Marquee is subjective. 

If you are expecting a bigger name than Aribo or Edmondsen then you might be disappointed. 

I think our incoming business will be done with those two additions. 

He's not a "big name" by any stretch but, if it's true we're willing to pay £20K a week for him, I'd imagine Aribo was one of our top transfer targets and one that SG would deem "marquee". 

I'm not too fussed about a 'marquee' name as such. We just need a better first 11 and squad. 

I guess on paper Davis is a marquee signing but I think there's a chance and a fair arguement that Kamara and Aribo may prove just as valuable and important this coming season. That's not to say Davis won't do well. If he starts how he finished he'll play a huge role.

Obviously a name brings a buzz and excitement to begin with but there's no guarantee they'll be successful.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Gaffer likes his signings in early. With Portugal on the horizon- do you see any Marquee’s on the way?

or not?

Marque signings won’t be for awhile yet while we wait for English prem teams to sort theirs squads out etc.

I think we will try get edmundson,aribo and Kent as soon as possible then a couple marque signings in a month or so.

Just now, Laudrup1690 said:

Marque signings won’t be for awhile yet while we wait for English prem teams to sort theirs squads out etc.

I think we will try get edmundson,aribo and Kent as soon as possible then a couple marque signings in a month or so.

Here’s hoping he has some decent names up his sleeve   

I’m of the opinion he will finish with Kent, Aribo and Edmundson. 

Add them to the early doors guys and we look decent 

although time will tell

It wouldn't shock me if we bought Kent. If that were the case, he would be considered a marquee signing. If it is not him, I was under the impression we would spend $10m without selling Morelos. So far, everything has been more or less for free.

Still early, the players I would expect to come under Top Quality banner are probably either playing for their country or on holiday so not panicking yet. 

If we have nothing by the middle of July then questions have to be asked.