Those “marquee” signings?

KeyserSoze

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

He was stupid and deserved to be sent off that day but I stand by what I said that evening after the game that its laughable that people slaughtered him for it yet glorify the ridiculous lashing out from Kent in the same game 

The Kent thing was cringeworthy. 

2 hours ago, Stanley Yelnats said:

Can’t see us bringing in anymore after Edmundson, Kent and Aribo sign. 

The board simply won’t allow any more bodies in until we shift some of the deadwood. 

The amount of players we have on our books is atrocious. 

At least we’ve started getting rid of the deadwood and at the same time getting our own back on that baldy prick Warburton

eh @ForeverAndEver ?

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

It is starting to look like Morelos will have a better supporting cast around him. Potential for 40 goals. I say keep him unless the money offered is just too tempting.

Agreed - some amount of crap on here about hs potential value because he only plays in a crap league .

FFS Bayern Munch splashed out around $22M for Alphonso Davies who played a handful of games for the mighty Edmonton Strikers and about 70 games for the world-dominant Vancouver Whitecaps.  We need to stop undervaluing our own assets. 

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Agreed - some amount of crap on here about hs potential value because he only plays in a crap league .

FFS Bayern Munch splashed out around $22M for Alphonso Davies who played a handful of games for the mighty Edmonton Strikers and about 70 games for the world-dominant Vancouver Whitecaps.  We need to stop undervaluing our own assets. 

Problem is the msm undervalue our players and pump up the value of bheast fc players.

6 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

At least we’ve started getting rid of the deadwood and at the same time getting our own back on that baldy prick Warburton

eh @ForeverAndEver ?

6 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Morelos does have an attitude problem and is petulant

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’m lost

27 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’m a moron and thought it was to do with selling players Warburton bought for some reason :lol:

BelovedWhoppingEelelephant-size_restricted.gif

I think the catalyst for any 'marquee' signings would be qualification for Europe league proper or Morelos going. Probably in the form of a high profile loan or 2 where we pay a significant loan fee. Other than that, I am struggling to see it.

17 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Season ticket sales, last years Europa group stages, getting rid of some of the deadwood....... are you trying to say we have no money for transfers? I admit, Kent may be a stretch but surely we will spunk some money on someone.

I'd be surprised if this board has us competing this season they are spending more on court battles than  the team.

On 20/06/2019 at 09:43, Smile said:

I'd be surprised if this board has us competing this season they are spending more on court battles than  the team.

Gerrard will have us competing, spending wisely is the right way, therr will be money there for a player if and when the manager wants him.

8 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

Gerrard will have us competing, spending wisely is the right way, therr will be money there for a player if and when the manager wants him.

Hope your right but will be dependant on players sold i'd have thought.

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

Hope your right but will be dependant on players sold i'd have thought.

True, a think we will sign a cb and striker, with Morelos staying Lafferty going, with regards to Kent, if he signs then good, if not a can’t see us going for anyone else in that position. 

14 minutes ago, Ladytonbear said:

At the start of June I fully expected that we would lose Morelos- if we don't sell him, that is equivalent to a  £30m +  on our first team sheet- we won't get a better marquee signing than that

More like £50m mate.