Welcome George Edmundson

4 hours ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

No I  was speaking to a guy I work with called matt as I was typing and got distracted😂

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I know absolutely fuck all about this guy and am very sceptical given the league he is coming from, but hope he does well. 

Matt Crooks came to mind with this one...we're owed a League Two young player becoming a success. Good luck George!

Built like a bin shed.

For what it’s worth I was talking to an Oldham fan on holiday who rates this guy very highly and said he was far too good for them. Thought he would be great at a club like ours.

We also seem to have been trying quite hard to secure him.

The signs are positive - I imagine he will start as back up and try to fight his way into the team. Perhaps Katic will sit out Europa games?

The full interview with him on Rangers TV was quite interesting and he seems as if he can't believe that Stevie Gerrard asked him to come and play at such a massive club; he actually looked starstruck when he was in the trophy room and realised just how successful we have been in the past with all the trophies, medals and league title flags on show. I had to chuckle when he was asked if he had met any Rangers player and he said he had played against Jordan Rossiter when  Oldham were beaten by Bury and Rossiter got man of the match. He certainly has got his feet on the ground, so hopefully he will learn quickly and be a good addition to the squad.

13 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Guy on another forum I use mentioned being an Oldham fan, asked him about Edmundson and he sent me this.  

F3F8DA68-CDB6-4CCE-B7DD-2CA9C13D387F.jpeg

Not exactly a ringing endorsement and sounds about right the level he was at

1 hour ago, gj923 said:

Not exactly a ringing endorsement and sounds about right the level he was at

Sounds like he’s very raw. The bit about performing in bigger games is interesting though. If he gets switched on to the fact that every game is a higher game with us he could do well. I think it’s promising that he improved so much in a short space of time too. He’s obviously a risk,  but seems to have attributes to be a good player. 

11 hours ago, SPWF said:

Guy on another forum I use mentioned being an Oldham fan, asked him about Edmundson and he sent me this.  

F3F8DA68-CDB6-4CCE-B7DD-2CA9C13D387F.jpeg

Fair enough comments. his mate that sits next to him every single game may well have a totally different view, that's the beauty of football and I will make my own  assumptions once I see the guy play.

Sounds like a big raw boy.  Has the size but will he impove and develop into a top player? Time will tell. With our budget we are having to take punts,  hopefully this one will pay off. 

It does worry me slightly that guys like mosni played regularly in this league. Also Greg Doc has been great with Shrewsbury but wouldn't get near our 1st 11.  I am trusting our scouts that they have seen something in this kid and he could in time become a big player for us. 

20 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Would take what anybody says on any football forum with a punch of salt 

It’s not a football forum, it’s a Glastonbury forum. It’s a screenshot from a private mail too, so there’s no reason for him to not be 100% honest.