Where is the quality

MacBoyd

We have made some decent signings but we really need to kick on and add first team starters. Only aribo fits that bill so far. As much as we dont rate celtic, the gap was still 9 points last season. We know where we lost those points. We need a first choice striker(imo I think with defoes age and morelos unreliability) a winger and a left back to go straight into the team. I hope people weren't fooled by our end of season form.

9 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

We have made some decent signings but we really need to kick on and add first team starters. Only aribo fits that bill so far. As much as we dont rate celtic, the gap was still 9 points last season. We know where we lost those points. We need a first choice striker(imo I think with defoes age and morelos unreliability) a winger and a left back to go straight into the team. I hope people weren't fooled by our end of season form.

You not think we are better to just let SG  deal with these things

Our bench lacked quality last season and we lacked the ability to break teams down sometimes.

Jones, Stewart, Ojo and Aribo adds better quality than we had on the bench before. Add in Murphy coming back and Kent potentially returning and I'm happy so far tbh.

All those players will be pushing the first team starters harder than anyone we had last season.

1 minute ago, maverick1200 said:

I feel our squad is much stronger this year without spending a fortune. Jones, Stewart, Aribo and Ojo should help us unlock teams that just sit back.

Those 9 points can easily be made up with a bit of consistency alone. Plus with Lennon at the helm, the Tim's will likely implode with a bit of pressure. 

Agreed 

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I hope we get Kent for another year and give him the captain's armband 

The punch to Scott Brown alone is enough for him to deserve it and better than beating them tbh 

A loan player as captain? The world is truly mad! 

16 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

I feel our squad is much stronger this year without spending a fortune. Jones, Stewart, Aribo and Ojo should help us unlock teams that just sit back.

Those 9 points can easily be made up with a bit of consistency alone. Plus with Lennon at the helm, the Tim's will likely implode with a bit of pressure. 

We dropped 8 points v Killie alone drew 3 times with Hibs, lost at Livi etc  and fuck knows how many times they turned one point into 3 with 90 plus winners, there was no ability gap.

16 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Not too sure. He did push us all the way under Walter and while it was no achievement, he didn't fuck any of their tainted titles. Bolton he was shite, his hibs side were quite good albeit inconsistent. Clearly we have a better chance than against brenda but I dont see us being gifted the title. We will probably need at least 90 points.

Just now, pcbear said:

We dropped 8 points v Killie alone drew 3 times with Hibs, lost at Livi etc  and fuck knows how many times they turned one point into 3 with 90 plus winners, there was no ability gap.

I know what your saying and the only time I can remember us being outplayed was the scum away early in the season. The fact is we didn't have the ability to break those sides down and they did. The table doesn't lie.

The big issue we had last year was outside 13 -14 players the rest of the squad weren’t good enough. Gave us a problem with injuries and just changing the team anyday it wasn’t working. IMO we now have a squad that we can rely on for the Scottish game, we are much stronger as a squad.

that said I still think we are a couple of quality players short of being the best team in the land 

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

What would be the difference in a loan player having it and leaving at the end of the year and Tav having it and leaving at the end of the year 

Loads - for a start Tav is a Rangers player and not a temporary signing, - Kent, is a Liverpool player, getting game time with us.

Also there is more to being Rangers captain than on the park - and we want someone who is a Rangers player not a temp loanee representing the club externally - and what does it say as an example to others if your captain is a loanee - there is not the commitment or association there. 

I reckon we could do with a big powerfull 6ft+ forward to deal with those teams who decide to sit back and absorb the pressure. We just pile it into the box towards a big target. I know its not pretty but if we are in the same situation this year as we where numerous times last year teams will maby think twice as they will have constant pressure from a powerfull opponent in there box, he wouldent even need to be that mobile just an option to bring on and punish teams for that tactic and of it forced them to push out then we really have the players to take advantage then. No idea who this player could be, just a thought.

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

He was the top goalscorer in the league ffs.

21 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Not too sure. He did push us all the way under Walter and while it was no achievement, he didn't fuck any of their tainted titles. Bolton he was shite, his hibs side were quite good albeit inconsistent. Clearly we have a better chance than against brenda but I dont see us being gifted the title. We will probably need at least 90 points.

The were eight in the table when he was sacked.

59 minutes ago, Badger said:

We lost points last season due to lack of quality in breaking stubborn teams down.  Too often last season we had 'one of those games', and were rarely outplayed over 90 minutes. However, teams got wise on how to beat us - and we didn't have a deterrent to counter the sitting in deep, rough us up, and hit on the break tactic. 

We should be concentrating on signing 2-3 players with proven cutting edge. 

@born a blue nose dog has that