Where is the quality

MacBoyd

Just now, backup said:

A newcomer accusing chaps of being from the darkside, I would call you a fukwit but I won't, your intellect would see it as a compliment, have a fruitful day 😉

Your patter is horrific and you posts are below that. You have a pish day. Bye now. 👍

5 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

We have made some decent signings but we really need to kick on and add first team starters. Only aribo fits that bill so far. As much as we dont rate celtic, the gap was still 9 points last season. We know where we lost those points. We need a first choice striker(imo I think with defoes age and morelos unreliability) a winger and a left back to go straight into the team. I hope people weren't fooled by our end of season form.

quality costs money and lots of it  how are you going to entice premier league or even championship players to come to scotland these days are over  also where do you get a first choice striker better than morelos and defoe at a sensible price

4 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Not too sure. He did push us all the way under Walter and while it was no achievement, he didn't fuck any of their tainted titles. Bolton he was shite, his hibs side were quite good albeit inconsistent. Clearly we have a better chance than against brenda but I dont see us being gifted the title. We will probably need at least 90 points.

No we won't be gifted it, but with some pressure cracks could appear and Lennon could explode. The problem with building a seige mentality is it inevitably goes pop. 

4 hours ago, pcbear said:

We dropped 8 points v Killie alone drew 3 times with Hibs, lost at Livi etc  and fuck knows how many times they turned one point into 3 with 90 plus winners, there was no ability gap.

Consistency played part. We could be great 1 game to poor the next.

I would like us to sign a 'marquee' player but I get the impression that it's not going to happen. Only a CB now. Possibly a striker if Morelos goes. But I think with the signings made and an experience CB coming in we have enough quality to win the league. 

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

This season we need players who can be first picks not players who may be great in a few years time we want to win the league, not against better squad players but we must also add really quality.

Do you think it'll happen? If so, in which position would you like? 

Whilst we would all like a  marquee signing (Kent fits that bill for me, even if a loan for a further season) I think no one will disagree that we start this season in a far stronger position than last year.  Add to that Kilmarnock , Hibs  and Motherwell will start in a far weaker position, and  septic  are having to sell their best players  to keep the lights on - maybe ahead of some big legal bills they are expecting. We on the other hand have improved our team and are now effectively debt free.  Personally trust  DK to manage the financials and SG  to manage the performance on our way to 55 this year 

10 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Do you think it'll happen? If so, in which position would you like? 

two strikers, maybe a midfielder who can find that killer pass, we have signed a lot of players who may improve us or may not, I see some calling for a left back but have to say i was impressed by Flanigan  when he found his fitness at the back I think if we stick with Goldson and Katic and keep Tav we have enough with Edmundson a filler if we need him.

We need real quality upfront.

4 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

If we get Kent, and keep Morelos, I would expect us to line up something like the following:

McGregor

Tav  Goldson Katic Barasic

Kamara

Davis/Jack/Arfield  Aribo

Arfield/Ojo          Kent

Morelos/Defoe

Alnwick, Fod, Edmundson, Polster, Flanagan, Halliday, McCrorie, Rossiter, Docherty, Dorrans, Murphy, Candeias, Hastie, Stewart, Middleton as well as others like Holt, Hardie, Dodoo, Laff, Herrera etc..

I think Arfield will be huge for us next season and will play most games. However his position may be tweaked depending on opposition. I also think Barasic will be first choice left back.

On looking at the above I think that's a pretty strong first 11 and there's also a lot of different options from the bench. We will need to lose some bodies but overall I don't think we're far away.

It's going to be difficult, probably impossible to sign another first choice striker when we already have Morelos/Defoe. Having 3 first choice strikers, primarily for 1 position is unlikely to happen. Unless neither are here next season I think we'll be looking at a solid, reliable squad striker IMO, which can be quite tricky. 

Agreed. I’m hoping we give mebude or one of the other youngsters a decent run out in pre season and see if they’re ready to be 3rd choice striker. Much better than signing a loan player or another Lafferty.

5 hours ago, The Blue said:

I reckon we could do with a big powerfull 6ft+ forward to deal with those teams who decide to sit back and absorb the pressure. We just pile it into the box towards a big target. I know its not pretty but if we are in the same situation this year as we where numerous times last year teams will maby think twice as they will have constant pressure from a powerfull opponent in there box, he wouldent even need to be that mobile just an option to bring on and punish teams for that tactic and of it forced them to push out then we really have the players to take advantage then. No idea who this player could be, just a thought.

Well it isn't Lafferty.

6 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Do you not agree that his punch on Scott Brown meant more mentally than actually winning that game 

Whilst it looked like a punch - I dont really think is was - but yep great to see someone stand upto brown, and if that was the criteria then Scott Arfield would be made captain as he has taken no shit from Brown. I think Kent is a good player for us - but not a Captain and certainly not whilst on loan.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

two strikers, maybe a midfielder who can find that killer pass, we have signed a lot of players who may improve us or may not, I see some calling for a left back but have to say i was impressed by Flanigan  when he found his fitness at the back I think if we stick with Goldson and Katic and keep Tav we have enough with Edmundson a filler if we need him.

We need real quality upfront.

I was hoping for a number 10 or attacking midfielder with real quality too, I'm just not sure it's happening now. It might when we get rid of dross at the club. 

I'm the same, I think left back if okay. I'm happy to give Barisic another season. 

On 23/06/2019 at 12:17, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Dado Prso was fucking dog shite so he was.

Just to be clear, we both agree that we bought a player (George Edmundson) for about £600k dont we? Can you name the minimum 99 free transfers we have signed which allows your statement to be true?

We’ve also had to pay development fees for Hastie & Aribo.