Ryan Jack next season

Sash tap

3 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Jack should be 5th choice CM.

Aribo, Kamara, Arfield, Davis then Jack. 

One of Aribo's strengths is winning the ball back and being difficult to beat so we won't lose Jack, especially with Kamara there too, and Aribo will give us far far more going forward than Jack would.  

I like Jack but I no longer think he should be a guaranteed starter. Competition is fierce.

3 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Aribo may end up in an Arfield-like role as an inside forward for all we know. It's too early to tell.

My suspicion is that Davis will be rested for smaller games and that Kamara will drop back into that role rather than Jack. Either way there will be lots of rotation and they'll all see a lot of game time. Jack may come in for the tough games - European away games, Mordor etc. Gerrard trusts him and he provides a certain solidity the others don't.

He won't though he's not that type of player at all

Jack can be hit or miss for me. On his day he can be outstanding but can have absolute stinkers where he is anonymous. If he becomes a wee bit more consistent it will take him to the next level.

Never liked him as a defensive midfielder. Prefer him out the pocket and getting in the oppositions face. Played his best football with McCrorie behind him and started to chip in with goals, assists and was the guy feeding more creative players such as Kent. However, the manager seemed to hit the right balance with the 3 central midfielders. It meant that because we had so many numbers we didn't necesarily need Jack (or McCrorie) there to specifically sit in front if the back 4 as well as teams struggking to get the ball of us.

I can see the manager using all of our central midfielders this season with the amount of games we'll have if our Euro campaign is successful. I'm genuinely quite excited to see the combo of Davis, Jack and Kamara in Europe.

10 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Maybe not exactly as Arfield but pushed up as part of a three more generally, or maybe as the head of a diamond instead, or whatever. The point being that Gerrard might tweak things further. I didn't really expect Arfield to be so good in his new role either.

Arfield often used to play wide right in a 4-2-3-1 formation or similar though. Aribo is not a wide player or even an attacking/creative CM. He's more of a good version of Ejaria crossed with Kamara tbh. 

It will be interesting to see who he picks for the centre of midfield as we'll probably end up going back to our 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation. With ojo joining and probably having the same clause in his contract as Worrall and Kent last season he'll be a starter, also the possibility of Kent coming back means he'll no doubt start as well so we'll have 3 positions to pick from Davis/Kamara/Jack/Arfield/Aribo and that's before we include McCrorie/Halliday/Docherty/Rossiter.

I think Jack is  decent on the ball but I'm not overly convinced he's good enough to start every week. I'm more interested to see what happens with McCrorie as in my eyes he's the destroyer type of midfielder we need and he'll need regular game time this season.

Think the midfield will be set-up like this.

Davis

Kamara                       Aribo

Arfield       Kent

Possibly Arfield switching with Aribo.

In the interview on sky yesterday Gerrard spoke about Aribo bringing a balance to the midfield because he is left sided.

Presuming we stick with the tactics towards the end of the season

Three from Jack Davis Kamara, Arfield and aribo

Two from Ojo, Jones, Candeias, Stewart and Arfield

Basing this on Hastie, Middleton and mccrorie going on loan.

Holt, dorrans and grezda look like they are on the way out

The likes of halliday, rossiter and Murphy surely won't get much game time? Especially if Kent comes in. Think candeias will have a reduced role this season too.

Question is....

Is that midfield good enough to win the league?

9 hours ago, SK RFC said:

There will be a slight rotation most weeks. Absolutely no need for jack, kamara and Davis as our midfield at home to st Mirren etc for example. 

Strongest 11 everytime, no ifs buts or maybe’s

we must do over everyone. It’s a HUGE season for us

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Strongest 11 everytime, no ifs buts or maybe’s

we must do over everyone. It’s a HUGE season for us

True...

But won't be the same players every time.  Knocks, injury, fatigue means players will need rested at various times.  Then up to the incumbent to hit form to maintain place and keep previous "strongest" out.  A big name, big wage or previous form shouldn't mean you're in our strongest 11.  Only current form and fitness should.

8 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

True...

But won't be the same players every time.  Knocks, injury, fatigue means players will need rested at various times.  Then up to the incumbent to hit form to maintain place and keep previous "strongest" out.  A big name, big wage or previous form shouldn't mean you're in our strongest 11.  Only current form and fitness should.

I agree but the poster was alluding to players being rotated against “weaker” teams. 

Of course injuries, fatigue etc come into it but if our best players have none of that then they should play whoever the opposition is. 

14 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

One simple question. Why do you generate conflict in every thread you post in?

Another one of the 'Dave' is king brigade.

Shame on you for being so blinded. One day you will see the errors of your way.

:aberdeen:

Then again, maybe not.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just now, Jeffrey said:

Another one of the 'Dave' is king brigade.

Shame on you for being so blinded.

Then again, maybe not.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's exactly what I mean. You can't even answer a simple question. Not one mention of Dave  or King anywhere. In fact it started by you calling Kamara a  Dundee reject. Now all you are doing is making a fool of yourself as usual by trying to be clever. Another simple question. When do you start high school?

1 minute ago, bordersbear said:

That's exactly what I mean. You can't even answer a simple question. Not one mention of Dave  or King anywhere. In fact it started by you calling Kamara a  Dundee reject. Now all you are doing is making a fool of yourself as usual by trying to be clever. Another simple question. When do you start high school?

Dave or King

:rofl:

Head in the sand comes to mind