Euro run v League Title run

The Europa League  exertions took it's toll on our main objective on winning the SPL title last season.  What about the season ahead, does Gerrard use as much as the  whole pool of players as possible? 

Europa games-

McGregor 

Tav.        Goldson.    Katic.      Barisic

Jack

Kamara            Davis

Candeias.                           Ojo

Morelos.       4-3-3

SPL games-

McGregor 

Tav.        Goldson.   Edmundson  Barisic

Jack/Mcrorie 

Kamara.       Aribo 

Jones/Hastie 

Arfield 

Defoe/Morelos.          4-4-2    

Think Stewart will be used as a super sub and hopefully  get Kent  back for another season.  

Obviously 55 more important  next season 🇬🇧🇬🇧

eejay the dj and Bobby Hume like this

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I think it's class that people have just decided that all the signings will work out 

I'm slowly getting angrier by the week over our transfers. Gen up its starting to annoy me. We can't afford to fuck this year up 

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I'm slowly getting angrier by the week over our transfers. Gen up its starting to annoy me. We can't afford to fuck this year up 

I still feel the same about the team as I did before anyone came in. Lot of time left in the window but nobody that's came in so far has made me think we have gotten any stronger than we were 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I still feel the same about the team as I did before anyone came in. Lot of time left in the window but nobody that's came in so far has made me think we have gotten any stronger than we were 

Yip, true. And if we list one of our main players, we would be weakened even while trying to replace

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

'Gen up' is a scheme cunts Oath lol I dint think I've ever lied to a cunt when I've said that or been lied to. Like marvin pinky promising denya 

Never heard it in my life until about two year ago, wee brothers pal says it a lot at fitbaw and it does my heed right in :lol:

born a blue nose likes this

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

I’m not sure how much it did take a toll. How many points did we drop after a Europa match?

Besides, we were 3 points behind the filth at New Year. I don’t think the Europa league was the main problem. 

But yeah, i’m all for spreading the play time around if it means our main guys are fresher. I’d still like to make the Europa league though.

Main problem was inconsistency -- not sure how much of that was related to Europe.  Be great to get a run to  the Europa league as it provides a major financial boost 

Robmc1 and Bobby Hume like this

The wheels came off our league challenge in Kilmarnock at the end of January - more than a month after the EL group stages finished and after a three week break.

EL group stages shouldn’t negatively affect our league run. A positive set of results would probably improve our league chances.

6 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

I’m not sure how much it did take a toll. How many points did we drop after a Europa match?

Besides, we were 3 points behind the filth at New Year. I don’t think the Europa league was the main problem. 

But yeah, i’m all for spreading the play time around if it means our main guys are fresher. I’d still like to make the Europa league though.

The lack of squad depth paired with an early start cost us. That and Gerrard still learning his trade up here

6 hours ago, Orange and Blue said:

The Europa League  exertions took it's toll on our main objective on winning the SPL title last season.  What about the season ahead, does Gerrard use as much as the  whole pool of players as possible? 

Europa games-

McGregor 

Jack

Kamera            Davis

Morelos.       4-3-3

SPL games-

McGregor 

Jack/Mcrorie 

Kamera.       Aribo 

Jones/Hastie 

Arfield 

Think Stewart will be used as a super sub and hopefully  get Kent  back for another season.  

Thank fuck you’re not picking the team.

7 hours ago, Orange and Blue said:

Europa games-

McGregor 

Jack

Kamera            Davis

Morelos.       4-3-3

SPL games-

McGregor 

Jack/Mcrorie 

Kamera.       Aribo 

Jones/Hastie 

Arfield 

Decent shout for both teams mate . With the expected new additions making a massive difference hopefully

I love the fact that the cunts moaning about more positive threads moan about the guys making positive threads

This fucking place at times

7 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

'Gen up' is a scheme cunts Oath lol I dint think I've ever lied to a cunt when I've said that or been lied to. Like marvin pinky promising denya 

To be fair, I’ve never heard the word gen up in my puff and I’m fae the biggest shithole of a scheme you’ll ever have in glesga.  Easterhouse. 😂

ForeverAndEver likes this

So many of the horrendous points we dropped were after the winter break when we were out of Europe so I think it's a mistake to look too much into that

Winning the league is crucial but we need to try our best in Europe again even simply for the financial benefits.  

In saying that with being seeded in the first couple of rounds we should be able to rotate a bit there

8 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

👍 just away to post the same at Christmas 55 was on and they were shitting it. 

We fucked up when we came back from the winter break. 

Bobby Hume likes this