John McGinn £50m

Ozblue

3 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Aston Villa want £50m from Manchester United for John McGinn. Now that's a bargain if I ever saw one; the banter years are alive and well down south:mutley:

That's Zimbabwe type inflation ffs 2m to 50 m in a season.

He is a good player. If he was being touted in the £10m bracket, we'd think that was typical of down south.

£50m though.....  you could get almost any player in world football, outside of a handful of the very elite operating at the very top, for that price.  Literally it could buy you almost any defensive/box to box midfielder in world football. McGinn is good, he will probably prove to be a good Premier League player, but he isn't that special. At 24, he isn't a wonderkid and he isn't a proven top level player either. 

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

That's Zimbabwe type inflation ffs 2m to 50 m in a season.

Actually the Zimbabwe inflation rate is half decent compared with Venezuela which gives you 4 billion Dembele dollars to the UK £. these days. So by my calculations, McGinn is worth about 25 pence.

He is a good player right enough, no point saying hes not. But 50 million is insane. For that money you would want someone who is the class of Christian Eriksen or the like. If man utd spend that on McGinn then they would've spent £100 million on him and that full back from palace. Add those two to the squad they have and they wont even be good enough to make the top four never mind challenge for the league. After spending £100 million.

Boys a cracking player,worth about £12-15 million in my view . If he has a good season ahead of him I would say double that. Thank god the fhilth kept the faith in broony

loved the arrogance of the sellik support when he knocked them back, saying he had his chance and championship obscurity faces him now 😂

5 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

John McGinn runs like he’s about to fall over. Usually under any contact he does. 7 goals in 45 games in lower league football. Face like a melted wellie. £50 million? 

Modern football is a fucking joke. Punters being fleeced for everything from ticket prices to food prices to programme prices to TV subscription prices while the clubs throw that money away as if it’s nothing. Disgusting.

Bit of an irrelevant stat.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Bit of an irrelevant stat.

How? For £50 million I would be looking for more from a midfielder who get forward as much as he does. He has a lot of power in that left foot. If I was paying £50 million for a midfielder I would be wanting more goals.

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

How? For £50 million I would be looking for more from a midfielder who get forward as much as he does. He has a lot of power in that left foot. If I was paying £50 million for a midfielder I would be wanting more goals.

He doesn't get forward that much. Grealish is the attacking threat from their midfield.

44 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He doesn't get forward that much. Grealish is the attacking threat from their midfield.

I watched a few Villa games last season and McGinn was constantly in attacking areas. Not as much as Grealish though I will give you that 👍

7 hours ago, Badger said:

He is a good player. If he was being touted in the £10m bracket, we'd think that was typical of down south.

£50m though.....  you could get almost any player in world football - outside of a handful operating at the very top - for that price. 

Depends.

Values are skyrocketing now where the likes of that lad at palace went for £50 million and he had 1 good (not great) season and hasn’t done anything on the international stage either. 

Money in English football is on another level, the inflation on the price they pay bewteeen clubs is laughable 

That being said no club is paying £50 million for a championship player, half of that would even raise eyebrows.

45 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

👍

Probably speaks volumes that his entire attacking contribution from a 40+ game season can fit into a video lasting less than 3 minutes.

Anyway, he's never worth £50m. I just don't think he should be judged on how many goals he's scored.

7 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Probably speaks volumes that his entire attacking contribution from a 40+ game season can fit into a video lasting less than 3 minutes.

Anyway, he's never worth £50m. I just don't think he should be judged on how many goals he's scored.

He’s definitely not worth £50million. My point about the goals was he scores so few that the £50 million is even more puzzling. If he scored a good few then the value would be more. It’s mental stuff 😂👍

6 hours ago, MurrayWilson said:

He is a good player right enough, no point saying hes not. But 50 million is insane. For that money you would want someone who is the class of Christian Eriksen or the like. If man utd spend that on McGinn then they would've spent £100 million on him and that full back from palace. Add those two to the squad they have and they wont even be good enough to make the top four never mind challenge for the league. After spending £100 million.

If the scum had got him. It may have tipped the balance in favour of them getting 10 .

They never , so it's very likely next season . We will stop the nonsense :champagne: