Katic

Barisic 

Davis

Kamara

Aribo

Ojo

Jones 

Defoe 

That’s it for me. Not worth risking Morelos.

Wouldnt be surprised to see Jack in there, not sure who would miss out.

Jones / Candeias is the only dilemma really.

26 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If we go into Tuesday’s  game with a front  3 of Ojo, Jones and Defoe then we’re starting this season weaker than we finished the last season.

Think Ojo will be a good addition, hoping it’s him and Kent on the wings praying Jones isn’t seen as a regular 

40 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If we go into Tuesday’s  game with a front  3 of Ojo, Jones and Defoe then we’re starting this season weaker than we finished the last season.

Think that’s maybe a bit harsh given Arfield is still coming back from international duty & Morelos still here but has a slight knock. 

Whether Ojo can replicate/better Kent’s performance remains an unknown but our strength in depth in that inside forward position is definitely stronger than last season IMO. 

I hope we start to see Candeias phased out, starting Tuesday.

Once Arfield is back it will likely be him and Ojo in the first team with Hastie, Jones and Stewart competing for the places.

Something is gnawing at me telling me we need another player with a decent pedigree in there come the end of the window.

7 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Think that’s maybe a bit harsh given Arfield is still coming back from international duty & Morelos still here but has a slight knock. 

Whether Ojo can replicate/better Kent’s performance remains an unknown but our strength in depth in that inside forward position is definitely stronger than last season IMO. 

We needed quality in that number 10 position/ playmaker , the lack of creativity cost us the league last year.

Kent is gone,Morelos future still up in air, and Still a heavy reliance on Arfield, who struggled in second half of last season until the last six games.

A Liverpool loanee winger and a Guy who couldn’t get a game for Kilmarnock isn’t an improvement.

Dont think Morelos will start due to having had a knock.

Not sure Defoe will either, given this could be a very dodgy surface.

Would not be surprised to see Stewart start in the middle, given he has had a bit of game time there already.

And if we cannot beat this mob with him up front then we have more worries than any of us think. I would expect Oxford to give them a tough match tbh. 

18 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We needed quality in that number 10 position/ playmaker , the lack of creativity cost us the league last year.

Kent is gone,Morelos future still up in air, and Still a heavy reliance on Arfield, who struggled in second half of last season until the last six games.

A Liverpool loanee winger and a Guy who couldn’t get a game for Kilmarnock isn’t an improvement.

Very harsh on Jones tbh. Also think he may not be exactly be a quality signing, but he was one of there best players till he signed for us. 

24 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

🤔

35 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

1. Did you say the same thing about Kent on arrival as you did Ojo? Why can't Ojo be as good? I'm not saying he is btw, but also dont think you can rule anything out at this stage.

2. Jones couldn't get a game? Or Stewart? Both played regularly so not really following the logic there.

3. Don't know which arfield you were watching but I thought he was excellent all season. His role changed the latter part to get him further forward, but he was a great addition last season. The midfielder who struggled up to the last 6 games of last season was Davis, who wasn't match sharp, at the end of last season he was immense.

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Jones has the advantage of being a regular playing on plastic.

Defoe has to play f Alfredo injured

Ojo will score on Tues 

Would be happy with that front three 

2 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

Can’t see Davis noot starting.  Such an influential player and his vision and pass through to Tav for the Defoe’s goal was top notch.

Defoe's goal was all Ojo. A ten year old could have made that pass to Defoe. Vision & pass -it was six feet!

Hope SG puts out a team that will put the tie to bed. What that will be I've no idea but we have a very competitive squad and after today don't mind what the starting XI will be.

But for the thread........

McGregor

Tav      Goldson      Katic      Barasic

Kamara    Davis    Aribo

Candeias  Morelos/Defoe   Jones

That wasn't so easy. I'm beginning to love how solid our squad is shaping up. 😍

McGregor 

Tavernier Goldson Katić Barišić 

Kamara Davis Aribo

Candeias Defoe Hastie

I know Aribo and Hastie have just arrived but I think their physical strength will be needed what with that Casciaro cunt saying they will be physically targeting us.  Throw some muscle around interspersed with the slick stuff we are capable of. 

Going for a 0-4 victory.