Josh McPake

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If that doesn’t get you off your seat you should stop watching football. 

It was a great piece of individual skill, but think back to Middleton running rings round Bury this time last year.

Means little in the grand scheme.

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Younger players all seem to attempt the odd bit of skill in games. 

This all gets sucked right out of them when they play for the firsts and realise nearly every team in Scotland won't try and win the ball but will just take the man out 

Spot on unfortunately.

Think back to Middleton against Bury, same story.

Ojo looked skillful yesterday but I think he might get a shock when some of the SPL plodders put their size 14 Mizunos through him.

25 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

This all gets sucked right out of them when they play for the firsts and realise nearly every team in Scotland won't try and win the ball but will just take the man out 

Rightly so, remember the way oduwa announced himself in Scotland with that disrespectful flick over the Alloa players head.

1 hour ago, Sash tap said:

It was a great piece of individual skill, but think back to Middleton running rings round Bury this time last year.

Means little in the grand scheme.

Who gives a fuck about the grand scheme it’s just great to watch. 

Have you forgot why you go to watch football. 

53 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

True, but we dont target the cloggers the way we should. Number of times in recent years we've seen an opponent booked early against us, we then fail to capitalise. Our player be it Kent, McKay, MOH or whoever would swap sides rather than continue to go one on one a draw more fouls and 2nd yellows.

Whilst refs havent played fair in seasons past, we've not forced more decisions to be made as at times we're just not ruthless and streetwise. Other teams see that reducing a team to 10 men is a great way to improve your own chances of winning and target it where possible. We're too often the nice guys who worry only about how we play, to our detriment imo.

3 hours ago, Sash tap said:

He does look to have a bit of flair.

But I find it incredibly hard to get excited about youth players as very few of them ever make it with us, let alone become top performers.

I’ve seen this lad a few times playing with the 18s mate ,he stood out an absolute mile every time ,hopefully this time it will be a success story 

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I’ve seen this lad a few times playing with the 18s mate ,he stood out an absolute mile every time ,hopefully this time it will be a success story 

I have heard excellent things about him and Kelly.

I’d love us to blood a youth through.

Fantastic bit of skill. Almost Cooper-esque (only with the right peg obv)

The games last season where we let ourselves down seemed to be the ones where no-one had the confidence to step up and show some bottle/flair. So hope this lad carries the 'no fear' attitude forwards and becomes a real prospect.