Is the BBC dispute over?

MisterC

Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick or maybe I have missed confirmation but it looks like the BBC dispute is over. 

Reason I say this is articles on their website with quotes from players but it doesn't say that they were speaking to RTV or whoever. Plus they have sent Mr Personality Rob McLean to Gibraltar to cover our game. These things haven't happened in a while and it got me thinking but maybe I'm wrong. 

Anyone seen or heard anything on this, or has any thoughts? 

7 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick or maybe I have missed confirmation but it looks like the BBC dispute is over. 

Reason I say this is articles on their website with quotes from players but it doesn't say that they were speaking to RTV or whoever. Plus they have sent Mr Personality Rob McLean to Gibraltar to cover our game. These things haven't happened in a while and it got me thinking but maybe I'm wrong. 

They've maybe just chosen to leave it out. Lots do. It could also be that the quotes came from a post-match presser.

BBC Oxford cited the dispute as a reason they couldn't provide live commentary yesterday.

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Is Rob McLean not covering the game for Premier Sports? 

as far as I know the dispute is very much still alive, if anything the 'relationship' between us & the BBC has gotten worse over recent times rather than better 

He will be. Is McLean still with the BBC? Can't think of him being involved with their football coverage in a while.

8 minutes ago, MisterC said:

think they will cover away games for radio and as esk says rob mclean works for premier sports  think you will find they wont be at ibrox   reports on our home games will be via the studio with someone watching on tv

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Is Rob McLean not covering the game for Premier Sports? 

as far as I know the dispute is very much still alive, if anything the 'relationship' between us & the BBC has gotten worse over recent times rather than better 

That would make sense I forgot he does work for bt and Premier. 

11 minutes ago, MisterC said:

The dispute was always only regarding Ibrox, so McLean being in Gibraltar means nothing. BBC Radio Scotland had commentary of our away games all last season. 

Regarding the quotes they will be picking these up from other media centres, common enough practice in the media. 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He will be. Is McLean still with the BBC? Can't think of him being involved with their football coverage in a while.

Aye does the Scottish cup etc for the bbc.

BBC don't obviously have much of Scottish football live that'll be why u hardly hear him.

It's a disgrace that bbc Scotland don't have some live coverage of our top league live.

They had exclusive rights back 15 odd year ago for it

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Aye does the Scottish cup etc for the bbc.

BBC don't obviously have much of Scottish football live that'll be why u hardly hear him.

It's a disgrace that bbc Scotland don't have some live coverage of our top league live.

They had exclusive rights back 15 odd year ago for it

I always thought it was that wee weirdo Sutherland that done it. Tbh, I tend not to watch much coverage of games on telly now and normally stick it on just before KO.

Aye it's mental that they don't even seem to be that interested in bidding for the rights now either.

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They've maybe just chosen to leave it out. Lots do. It could also be that the quotes came from a post-match presser.

BBC Oxford cited the dispute as a reason they couldn't provide live commentary yesterday.

Had a wee browse through the Oxford forum, general feeling is puzzlement about BBC not covering the game. Seems the locals in Oxford have a BBC that actually cares to serve its community. Can you imagine that? :sarcasm:

23 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Rob McLean is not an employee of the BBC, he’s freelance. 

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I always thought it was that wee weirdo Sutherland that done it. Tbh, I tend not to watch much coverage of games on telly now and normally stick it on just before KO.

Aye it's mental that they don't even seem to be that interested in bidding for the rights now either.

I'm sure that if you watch our highlights on sport scene you've got a big chance of McLean commentating on ours games.

This has bugged me for a while.

You get Richard Gordon hosting Sportsound, let’s say Sunday 1pm, Rangers win at Tynecastle. BT Sport providing pictures.

After the game, Levein does BBC radio interview (no Gerrard of course) then both managers do BT Sport interview and then Gordon broadcasts on BBC “Gerrard has just told the media that blah blah blah...”

What fucking right has Gordon or indeed any of these bitter Rangers-hating BBC cunts to quote a Rangers employee while their press privileges have been revoked?

Before the Dude says it, yes I know it’s always been like that but it seems they get to ignore us, especially in the build up to a game, but can still have the benefit of quoting our manager despite their self-imposed ban.

Wish there was a way that they were not allowed to quote interviews they didn’t actually attend. Might encourage them to sort their vendetta out.

27 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

This has bugged me for a while.

You get Richard Gordon hosting Sportsound, let’s say Sunday 1pm, Rangers win at Tynecastle. BT Sport providing pictures.

After the game, Levein does BBC radio interview (no Gerrard of course) then both managers do BT Sport interview and then Gordon broadcasts on BBC “Gerrard has just told the media that blah blah blah...”

What fucking right has Gordon or indeed any of these bitter Rangers-hating BBC cunts to quote a Rangers employee while their press privileges have been revoked?

Before the Dude says it, yes I know it’s always been like that but it seems they get to ignore us, especially in the build up to a game, but can still have the benefit of quoting our manager despite their self-imposed ban.

Wish there was a way that they were not allowed to quote interviews they didn’t actually attend. Might encourage them to sort their vendetta out.

Think it’s way past that mate they can take a long hard fuck too their selves. Rancid taig loving cunts. 

We don’t need them 

10 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Is the dispute not just with pape face?  From our side anyway.

Yeah

BBC Scotland said: “We are disappointed that Rangers took the decision to ban our reporter Chris McLaughlin from Ibrox. We believe it is unjustifiable and we stand by the integrity and the quality of our journalism. 

“We will continue to report on Rangers both on and off the pitch and will feature match action where appropriate but, until this issue is resolved, we will not be sending journalists to Ibrox or attending Rangers’ press conferences.”

The club have responded by insisting the move was made to ensure “fairness” from the broadcaster.

Rangers said: “This is about balance and fairness. It is Rangers’ view that after having asked for, and having been promised, exactly that - nothing more, and certainly not favour from this or any other reporter - it has not been forthcoming.

“The BBC know they are welcome but once again they, in their wisdom, have chosen not to attend Ibrox thereby denying licence payers the opportunity to see and hear from Rangers on a publicly-funded platform which is supposed to be for everyone. Rangers fans are entitled to ask if this is an abuse of the BBC’s privileged position.”

1 hour ago, mountaineer said:

Fucking hope you're wrong , don't want the peado lovers anywhere  near our Stadium , we are managing fine without the cunts the bastards are poisonous in their comments about/to us .let the peadodome have them ,two cheeks of the same arse .

Hope you're right mate but just watch what happens when we look like lifting 55 and dominating Scottish footie again :UK: