Rangers women

1 hour ago, OhW said:

Nobody in the thread has said that women shouldn’t play or be allowed to play football. You also resort to homophobia in an attempt to defend it which is rather ironic. 

Nothing of what i said was homophobic 😂 plus it was tongue in cheek with some posts appearing to be anti-women. 🌈 

1 hour ago, backup said:

wimmins fitba’ is a joke!

495DF621-7B44-4FF1-8C2D-FD68F3D9AD8B.thumb.png.5a6b847ccd43570985c7315ba3696827.png

So? They lost to a boys team. They obviously are not as good as a proper men's team.

Last season a load of us tuned in and were delighted when our junior team won a tournament abroad.

If you put that junior team up against Hibs, they would be scudded far harder than 5-2.

You have to recognise that things are relative.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

So? They lost to a boys team. They obviously are not as good as a proper men's team.

Last season a load of us tuned in and were delighted when our junior team won a tournament abroad.

If you put that junior team up against Hibs, they would be scudded far harder than 5-2.

You have to recognise that things are relative.

Our junior team arent crying their eyes out and bleating on about wanting paid the same as Hibs players though. 

22 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Our junior team arent crying their eyes out and bleating on about wanting paid the same as Hibs players though. 

I doubt many of the women are seriously asking to be paid £10k a week.

Regardless, this is the same old argument that comes up in tennis with a few people saying the women should be paid as much as the men, and then people having a go at womens tennis for a couple of odd ball's comments.

To be honest, some of the Women footballers probably do deserve to be paid as much as Hibs players. If in America or other places they are bringing in more revenue than Hibs for the teams, then it would only be fair they are paid more.

Just as the top women tennis player's should probably be paid more than men around 500th in the world. The man would probably beat her in a tennis match, but the commercial aspect means that the woman should earn more as she is a bigger draw.

It kinda scream out to me that a couple of people have made daft comments about women should be paid the same as men, then everyone jumps on these comments to belittle the whole of the womens game, even though a vast majority of the players dont believe the opinion.

34 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

I'm not against women playing the game,it's a free world but why are they enabled to piggy back onto the man's game?

When 4 lads had a dream they didn't dream of this bollocks.

Women don't have bollocks :p:

"Equal pay" is a slogan that is thrown around far too much, does any woman footballer in the world have the same draw to the punters as a Messi or Ronaldo, fuck even fat boy Rooney got £250K a week! What is the aspiration of this argument as they will never get paid the same as the men.

2 hours ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Nothing of what i said was homophobic 😂 plus it was tongue in cheek with some posts appearing to be anti-women. 🌈 

Equality is fine let them play, no ones arguing against that. Problem seems to be women's football is being forced into the spotlight with a heavy hand.

Most people think it's shite (it is), but outlets like the bbc punt distorted viewing stats to make it look like it can compete with mens football (it can't). Status quo of it being lower than youth level will resume shortly, especially club level women's football. 

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be honest, some of the Women footballers probably do deserve to be paid as much as Hibs players. If in America or other places they are bringing in more revenue than Hibs for the teams, then it would only be fair they are paid more.l

The USWNT aren’t asking for the same wages as Hibs players, they are asking for the same pay as the USMNT. Don’t know why you even said that.

The women’s teams are actually paid a higher percentage of revenue generated in prize money than the men’s team  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2019/03/07/world-cup-soccer-pay-disparity-between-men-and-women-is-justified/

1 hour ago, Malvern said:

Women don't have bollocks :p:

"Equal pay" is a slogan that is thrown around far too much, does any woman footballer in the world have the same draw to the punters as a Messi or Ronaldo, fuck even fat boy Rooney got £250K a week! What is the aspiration of this argument as they will never get paid the same as the men.

Don't tell the trannies 😉

A while back I read that women players at top clubs in England are earning from £800-£1500 pw(no link,so don't ask).

I watched the last game of their season Man C v Arsenal,there was about 500 at the game and this was the top match,yes it was shockingly poor,0-1 but Man C had already won the league.

This won't be just one team,there will be a reserve team and possibly 1/2 development teams and coaches,all fully funded. Will the 1st team be full Pro or semi pro,will the mens game lose a development team to help fund this? Who knows but either way it's going to cost.

21 minutes ago, OhW said:

The USWNT aren’t asking for the same wages as Hibs players, they are asking for the same pay as the USMNT. Don’t know why you even said that.

The women’s teams are actually paid a higher percentage of revenue generated in prize money than the men’s team  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2019/03/07/world-cup-soccer-pay-disparity-between-men-and-women-is-justified/

You will have to follow the few points I made before that one to understand the Hibs comment.

I dont think the women should be paid as much as the men in the world cup. The men bring in substantially more money, so should be paid more.

Using a % of the pot equation does not quite work though as there are non static overheads and other costs which would distort this value.

If in their domestic league though, the women are bringing in crowds equaling the men, and the revenue is broadly similar, then they should be paid the same.

Just because they might not be as good at football as the men does not really mean they should not be paid the same, should the finances stack up.

No doubt some of the women moaning about equal pay are just on a femanism crusade, but that is not to say there might not be a genuine grievance in there as well.

I’ve tried to watch some of the women’s World Cup but to be honest I’ve just not found it very entertaining. Some of the outfield players have decent skills but it is too slow overall and the standard of goalkeeping is awful, not helped by the fact that women tend to be shorter than men but the goals are the same size hence tame or lobbed shots easily fly in. If they made the goals and pitches smaller it might be better but I’ve found it hard to get enthusiastic about it. Just look at some of the “Best goal” compilations on BBC website. They are all average at best with wildly over the top commentary. I don’t think it would have been on terrestrial TV at all had the main broadcasters been able to afford the cricket World Cup for example which would probably be watched by far more people. As a result we’ve all been told by the media that we have to like it and support it. 

That being said, I have no issue at all with us having a women’s side. There is no rule that say women can’t play and why should there be. We are an inclusive club and if it brings us more fans and money that can only be a good thing. The only caveat would be that if it is taking a lot of money away from the first team it would have to be thought about carefully. 

1 hour ago, Blumhoilann said:

A while back I read that women players at top clubs in England are earning from £800-£1500 pw(no link,so don't ask).

I watched the last game of their season Man C v Arsenal,there was about 500 at the game and this was the top match,yes it was shockingly poor,0-1 but Man C had already won the league.

This won't be just one team,there will be a reserve team and possibly 1/2 development teams and coaches,all fully funded. Will the 1st team be full Pro or semi pro,will the mens game lose a development team to help fund this? Who knows but either way it's going to cost.

Man City never won the league, The Arsenal did.

1 hour ago, Blumhoilann said:

I wouldn't mind earning that for fuck all but kicking a ball and running about.

1 hour ago, DrLaudrup said:

I’ve tried to watch some of the women’s World Cup but to be honest I’ve just not found it very entertaining. Some of the outfield players have decent skills but it is too slow overall and the standard of goalkeeping is awful, not helped by the fact that women tend to be shorter than men but the goals are the same size hence tame or lobbed shots easily fly in. If they made the goals and pitches smaller it might be better but I’ve found it hard to get enthusiastic about it. Just look at some of the “Best goal” compilations on BBC website. They are all average at best with wildly over the top commentary. I don’t think it would have been on terrestrial TV at all had the main broadcasters been able to afford the cricket World Cup for example which would probably be watched by far more people. As a result we’ve all been told by the media that we have to like it and support it. 

That being said, I have no issue at all with us having a women’s side. There is no rule that say women can’t play and why should there be. We are an inclusive club and if it brings us more fans and money that can only be a good thing. The only caveat would be that if it is taking a lot of money away from the first team it would have to be thought about carefully. 

To a degree I accept that but I thought for the competition and the level being played the English keeper was a great goalie, mind you I only watched the English games so can't say shit about the other teams to be honest.

4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You’re not serious. 

It’s terrible mate , so unnatural on the ball and the goalkeepers are horrendous, which cements how bad the outfield players are when they don’t and can’t shoot on sight , looks ok against each other but a Sunday league team or especially a pollok juniors would trounce the woman’s world champions of that I have no doubt 

1 hour ago, DrLaudrup said:

Women's football teams I have no issue with. Actually enjoyed watching some of the games. But they play a completely different game. 

Moving forward I think it can only be good for our club to have a ladies side too. But it needs to be self sufficient. No point subsidising it. Imagine the shoe was on the other foot and there was a successful women's sport that took on a mens team but the men were getting paid the same as the women despite generating far less money. Na I don't see that happening either.