reserves

bluenoz

31 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

6-1 Kelly hat trick. I think this boy is ready.

He's a bright young prospect, mate, but there is no chance of getting into the senior squad on a regular basis (unless it's for League Cup squads at times.) We have 9-10 midfielders who are pushing for 3-4 places as it is: Jack,  Davis,  Ojo, Halliday, Aribo, Kamara, Candeias, Jones, Docherty, Arfield,  so the wee man might have to go out on loan for a year.

1 minute ago, Ozblue said:

He's a bright young prospect, mate, but there is no chance of getting into the senior squad on a regular basis (unless it's for League Cup squads at times.) We have 9-10 midfielders who are pushing for 3-4 places as it is: Jack,  Davis,  Ojo, Halliday, Aribo, Kamara, Candeias, Jones, Docherty, Arfield,  so the wee man might have to go out on loan for a year.

I understand that. His only option is a loan at a senior level, he has outgrown youthful players around him. I would say he is currently better than one maybe two of out current midfielders but no point starting that debate. He reminds me of a young BF who was getting a game at his age.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I understand that. His only option is a loan at a senior level, he has outgrown youthful players around him. I would say he is currently better than one maybe two of out current midfielders but no point starting that debate. He reminds me of a young BF who was getting a game at his age.

There's no doubt the kid's got talent and has all the attributes to make an outstanding attacking midfielder, so it will be interesting to see what Gerrard has in mind for him. I'm personally in favour of sending him to a decent senior club that will test him out.

19 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

There's no doubt the kid's got talent and has all the attributes to make an outstanding attacking midfielder, so it will be interesting to see what Gerrard has in mind for him. I'm personally in favour of sending him to a decent senior club that will test him out.

Needs to be given his chance with us first to see if he’s able to make the step up. 

Personally I think he will be a star for us very soon. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Needs to be given his chance with us first to see if he’s able to make the step up. 

Personally I think he will be a star for us very soon. 

I guess it will be up to Gerrard if he does get a chance this season, but I would like to see it.

Lots of potentially great youngsters chipping away just now. 

To get them to the next level and regular first team players we need to find a way of getting them in there. 

Within a couple of years these guys will be better than what we already have playing. 

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I thought we needed to register 4 youngster and he wasn't on the list. So it's free for all youngster? Cheers 👍

I'm sure we need to have 8 homegrown players in our squad and 4 of them need to be produced by us but players under 21 don't need to be registered.

Someone else might be able to confirm this.

I have said before Young Stephen Kelly has been the best player in the reserves for the last two years I can’t believe he wasn’t given a run out in our 1st team friendlies I agree not a flashy as Dapo or McPake but a technically gifted player who can control a game of football and obviously score a cracking free kick . 

I think if Kelly was in the managers plans for any sort of look at the first team this season, then he would have been over in Portugal. 

Think a loan would be best for him now as he has definitely outgrown the reserves. 

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It's still early days to judge but if Murphy come back to the player he was, he is an upgrade on Jones & Stewart and that is not me having a go at  those players

He won’t come back to the player he was. Serious injury  recovery and older.  Not happening. 

10 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

I think if Kelly was in the managers plans for any sort of look at the first team this season, then he would have been over in Portugal. 

Think a loan would be best for him now as he has definitely outgrown the reserves. 

He was with the squad in Portugal mate