Borna Barisic

“Outstanding” is ridiculous , unbelievable the length some bears are going about him last night , only to sway it back into their favour because this was all said when he first joined last season and he turned out to be a gutless mistake of a signing all the while the lad we signed from “only” Kilmarnock who was better than Barisic last night is getting slaughtered, it’s a funny old game right enough 

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Sunday was a friendly and last night was against a poor side and the first half was meh.

Time to really judge Borna, Ojo, Jones etc will be when the league starts or if we meet a decent side in Q3. 

Best of it is to Sunday for the 60 mins he was on Andy Halliday was “outstanding” nothing to see here though 

Certainly wasn't outstanding, but was one of the better performers in a pretty average overall team performance.

At this point, he could be putting in weekly performances like Marcelo and still get criticised because he had a poor first season and people are incapable of changing their opinions on here for some reason. It's the same with Tav.

Hopefully he pushes on this season and stays injury free.

24 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

“Outstanding” is ridiculous , unbelievable the length some bears are going about him last night , only to sway it back into their favour because this was all said when he first joined last season and he turned out to be a gutless mistake of a signing all the while the lad we signed from “only” Kilmarnock who was better than Barisic last night is getting slaughtered, it’s a funny old game right enough 

Unbelievable the lengths you go to slaughtering him. He wasn’t outstanding but the way you go on saying he fluked an assist etc is up there with the OP in terms of bipolar disorder 

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Certainly wasn't outstanding, but was one of the better performers in a pretty average overall team performance.

At this point, he could be putting in weekly performances like Marcelo and still get criticised because he had a poor first season and people are incapable of changing their opinions on here for some reason. It's the same with Tav.

Hopefully he pushes on this season and stays injury free.

When the rough and tumble of the spl starts , if he’s brave and stands up to the hairy arsed spl players targeting his fear again this season I’ll say hands up he’s turned the corner , his “quality left foot” one of the biggest myths at the club to, but first things first let’s see him defending properly and that will do me 👍🏻👌🏻

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Unbelievable the lengths you go to slaughtering him. He wasn’t outstanding but the way you go on saying he fluked an assist etc is up there with the OP in terms of bipolar disorder 

I don’t want him to be shite , I hope he has turned the corner but 2/3 hard spl games will be the test

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I don’t want him to be shite , I hope he has turned the corner but 2/3 hard spl games will be the test

Hardly anyone is disagreeing with that but you’re having a go for the OP being over positive whilst you’re the exact opposite saying he fluked an assist lol. 

Probably claim it was Goldsons goal as well. 

He had a good game and was probably our second best player behind Ojo. 

If he’s screwed the nut which seems to be the case then we’ll see how it pans out. By all accounts he’s been an absolute stand out  all pre season

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Hardly anyone is disagreeing with that but you’re having a go for the OP being over positive whilst you’re the exact opposite saying he fluked an assist lol. 

Probably claim it was Goldsons goal as well. 

He had a good game and was probably our second best player behind Ojo. 

If he’s screwed the nut which seems to be the case then we’ll see how it pans out. By all accounts he’s been an absolute stand out  all pre season

Said it was a great free kick though , we’ll leave that bit out 👍🏻🤔

16 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

When the rough and tumble of the spl starts , if he’s brave and stands up to the hairy arsed spl players targeting his fear again this season I’ll say hands up he’s turned the corner , his “quality left foot” one of the biggest myths at the club to, but first things first let’s see him defending properly and that will do me 👍🏻👌🏻

He does have a quality left foot, fuck knows how that can even be denied tbh.

Agree, the spl is where his biggest test will come. Hopefully he can stay injury free and gets a run of games and start to add some consistency to his game.