Borna Barisic

8 hours ago, gogzy said:

On paper he is the best LB at the club.  He has shown that he can deliver a good cross ( and some dreadful ones).  He seems good enough in defence, I can't remember many glaring errors.

He has been hampered by injury, and has had to settle into a new country.  I think he definitely is a good player, just not sure it's going to work out for him here.  

If he can stay injury free, and get a prolonged run in the team, then he may go on to do really well for us. He needs to show it this year though.

Halliday can deliver a good cross, looks good enough defensively and can’t remember any glaring errors. Where as Barisic cost us against Aberdeen in the cup and Villarreal away

Would love to see the guy start the season nice & steady then develop into the player we all hope for.  

However, for me he’s someone who likes to be in a comfort zone.  He will undoubtedly   be a target for the opposition as he can’t seem to take a meaty challenge (fair or otherwise) and imo looks awkward actually making a tackle. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Barisic didn't cost anything away in Villarreal. He also set up the Lafferty goal.

How exactly did he cost the cup game?

Kamara played a terrible pass for the first goal and got bullied easily by Crosgrove for the second. He's much more to blame for that defeat.

Halliday cost us 2 points vs Hibs, he was beaten in the air by McGregor.

By cost us, I meant a goal. The was to blame for Moreno's and could swear that he was rotten for Aberdeen's second.

Kamara fucked it for the first, correct.

Being beaten in the air, isn't costing us, especially when he's not the greatest in the air and not very big, but his reaction after it annoyed me. 1-0 me.

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Halliday letting McGregor go and then getting beat in the air is more 'costing a goal' than a good player in Moreno cutting inside Barisic and getting a shot away when left one on one.

The best defenders in the world get beat in those situations. That's football. 

Its not like either did a Worrall against Killie, Kamara against Aberdeen or Tav against the scum and made a huge blunder. 

PS - No point in you replying, I won this debate. 😂

No he was out of position and gave him so much space, so pipe down, 2-0 me.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

By cost us, I meant a goal. The was to blame for Moreno's and could swear that he was rotten for Aberdeen's second.

Kamara fucked it for the first, correct.

Being beaten in the air, isn't costing us, especially when he's not the greatest in the air and not very big, but his reaction after it annoyed me. 1-0 me.

This is the first time I've heard anyone slate Barasic for the Moreno goal. Just watched it back and the midfield is rotten for it, leaves him 2 on 1 and gets beaten 1 on 1 by a multi million £ player.

Barasic will be massive for us this season, can strike a dead ball and solid enough defensively.

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue11 said:

This is the first time I've heard anyone slate Barasic for the Moreno goal. Just watched it back and the midfield is rotten for it, leaves him 2 on 1 and gets beaten 1 on 1 by a multi million £ player.

Barasic will be massive for us this season, can strike a dead ball and solid enough defensively.

Read threads from the time, even McCoist on commentary mentions it.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He makes things up about players he dislikes. 

Liar, 3-0.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He makes things up about players he dislikes. 

Even Gerrard as good as said he was a shitebag and now reckons he’s in a better mental place to cope , I’ll reserve my judgement until the spl starts on that one , I don’t know how you suddenly can’t be scared but here’s hoping Gerrard has called it right , even if he hasn’t he’s a Croatian internationalist so getting flung about like an empty jacket at every spl away ground is totally acceptable 👍🏻👌🏻👌🏻

Another steady 6/7 out of 10 today although to be fair to him it was a step up in quality. Didn't like him going to ground early on, could easily be a penalty on another occasion but wasn't really troubled other than that and especially after they lost Thauvin. 

Still think he needs a solid run of games till we see the best of him and before we can make a decision on him one way or the other, I'm hoping to see a steady increase in his form leading into the start of the season as long as he stays free of injury.