Billy Gilmour

Essandoh

Just seen clips of him playing with the Chelsea first team against Bohemians. He’ll be a top, top talent if he keeps progressing at the rate he is. Pinging balls about like Fabregas and keeping up to pace with experienced Premier League players like it’s nothing.

He’s only just turned 18 last month.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

I wish the boy well, but there will always be that sour taste the better he gets. 

I know what at you mean, but at the same time I respect the kids drive.

He seems determined to get as high as he possibly can in the game. As a professional, he is doing what he has to.

Making the move so early and joining one of the modern powerhouses and progressing to be on the fringes of their squad really does indicate he made the right move.

Think he will go on to be some player.

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

When I read about him, I always think of Tierney, and why couldn't we also have kept hold of him for a while.

Though I suppose ultimately it was his own or his family's choice to leave when he did. 

Probably where we were at the time.

today, same age? I’m not sure he’d have moved, although very hard to predict.

remeber Lewis McLeod  that went to Brentford for decent money, think about £900k, we were all a bit disappointed he left, but could understand the money on offer, and the step up, at the time.

nothing against the boy, but where is he now?

bo idea how things pan out when kids leave clubs. 

Robertson, for example from the tarriers.

4 hours ago, chris182 said:

Would have liked him to stay here to develop; which he will have undoubtedly done under Gerrard. 

Chuffed for the wee guy tho.

Gerrard??😀😀 He would have him on loan to Fleetwood or Hibs - not got a great record on youth team promotion so far.

14 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Gerrard??😀😀 He would have him on loan to Fleetwood or Hibs - not got a great record on youth team promotion so far.

Bit disingenuous there regarding Middleton. He played and scored in the group stages of the Europa League as well as contributing domestically.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 14:11, Hadron Collider said:

Fuck him. He’s not our player anymore. 

I believe he was at Ibrox from the age of 8 so Rangers moulded him into the player and person he turned out, look over at them and to see Tierney punted for 25m and  to think we got 2% of that because as soon as he was 16 he was out the door and only a development fee was due, I must admit that leaves a sour taste.

A lot of his decision must have been down to our position at that point - something that's thankfully improved immeasurably since then, along with the development of our youth players and squads.

I only hope a few get a breakthrough - for me that's one of the key things that would encourage younger prospects to stay.

Archived