Jump to content

Pop-up Gers Store - Louden Tavern


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are we the only club in the world that has a club shop that pretends it's not the official club shop while being the only place that sells the official gear? Great stuff

Amateur hour.

So personally im not a fan of the owners of the louden but according to this i can buy official merchandise from them ???   We can add this to.......   Tossing guys out the pub for

Posted Images

I don't get this atall. We have the shop in town we are still waiting to see if we can regain the megastore, in the meanwhile heh lets try and see if we can open a shop or pop up nearby for matchdays. Why then open one next to a pub? Surely there are other sites that Hummel etc looked at, seems way too convenient that the landlord and SLO are related and if he, the landlord is getting one penny more than a small fee for using his property serious questions need asked of this. Looks so amateur to any visiting or indeed our fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ace said:

Gotta be honest, that's a fucking embarrassment.

It's like selling your stuff out the back of a van in the barras, what a joke.

If we want to sell stuff, just sell from the shop in town not a fucking stall like the rest of the lookie lookies that sell shit around the stadium.

It’s for the rockets that still shop in the megastore sorry sports direct on match day.

There’s pop up shops at all the big clubs from Barcelona to Man City.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Why would we not have it on ground outside stadium where a large percentage need to walk bye, would see pop up shop and hopefully buy lots.

The buses park around other side of stadium and lots of them wont even know there is a pop up shop.

 

 

I read months ago anything like this has to be off the footprint of the stadium due to the SD deal mate 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I read months ago anything like this has to be off the footprint of the stadium due to the SD deal mate 

Is it any different legally to the guys that sell scarves though?

Even if where we have the fan zone.

Looks to me like pop up shop outside Louden in the hope that punters decide to pop in for a few whilst at it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think anyone really has an issue with us having a pop up shop. 

It's actually a decent idea and a good way to capture extra footfall that won t always be travelling to the city centre store.

the big issue is that we all know that Marshall won't be letting them use the land free of charge, and will also profit from increased footfall as there will be a few who will just pop in to the louden while they are there anyway. 

I have no issue with people making business decisions but this guy has absolutely no love for Rangers or us as fans. His sons position within the club is also being used for profiteering (imo) . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I don't think anyone really has an issue with us having a pop up shop. 

It's actually a decent idea and a good way to capture extra footfall that won t always be travelling to the city centre store.

the big issue is that we all know that Marshall won't be letting them use the land free of charge, and will also profit from increased footfall as there will be a few who will just pop in to the louden while they are there anyway. 

I have no issue with people making business decisions but this guy has absolutely no love for Rangers or us as fans. His sons position within the club is also being used for profiteering (imo) . 

His son gets paid so yes he is profiting. Also question how short if anything the list of potential candidates. It was clearly a thank you for giving them control of the shares.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Cringe as fuck. May as well just open up a stall in the Barras or some pishy car boot sale. 

It's no really.

Nearly every big club in Europe does this. As I.say though it won't be outside the dad of the SLO boozer 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It's no really.

Nearly every big club in Europe does this. As I.say though it won't be outside the dad of the SLO boozer 

I quite like the idea. But, another promo for the Louden? Look at me springs to mind for Marshall. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It's no really.

Nearly every big club in Europe does this. As I.say though it won't be outside the dad of the SLO boozer 

 

3 minutes ago, Robb said:

I quite like the idea. But, another promo for the Louden? Look at me springs to mind for Marshall. 

Those are the issues for me. Self advertising and pocket lining for the louden. 

I wonder if the prices will be the same as the club shop? If the club shop are selling them then fair enough, but if the louden are buying the stock to 're-sell on at a profit, then that's out of order. Would mean that he could set the price at whatever.

Just popped into my head there when Marshall was saying the pop up shop is nothing to do with the club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, gj923 said:

His son gets paid so yes he is profiting. Also question how short if anything the list of potential candidates. It was clearly a thank you for giving them control of the shares.

To your opening line , for what I’ve always wondered , I don’t know what his day to day rolls are , maybe he is doing a great job I don’t know , surly can’t just be posting tweets that I’ve no idea why the official club twitter page can’t post them , only really needed his help once ,a bit of guidance and help with many other bears to avoid getting crushed to fuck in Vienna , nowhere to be seen 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My take is that this is a satellite unit that gersstoreonline are bringing to fans nearer the stadium in a cost effective, temporary way. If done professionally, as I've seen at the likes of man city, it could work out well.

The location of woodville st makes sense as its opposite the subway and is the busiest junction for the RSC buses parking and fans walking to stadium. I'd imagine the unit will be blocking the Louden external frontage, so its right Marshall has been involved to date and gets to  advertise his pub name in connection with this.

If he gets footfall from it then fine. If theres profiteering from it in terms of charges to gersstoreonline or %sales then that would be wrong, but there's nothing to suggest there is.

I've little time for the Marshalls and do think there's been rewarding of them in the past. But I see little here that's been shown to be wrong on their part, nor that of gersstoreonline or even the club. On the face of it it's win win and unless something surfaces to suggest otherwise then folk so far have offered little argument against it other than who is involved and his son's role at the club.

Pure_Quality likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...