Our Captain

Just now, BookWorm said:

Our most under rated captain ever. His stats are phenomenal.

Big time mate, one of those guys who’s never going to win over certain elements of our support o matter what, but would be near on Impossible to replace and has to be kept at all costs this season. 

On the plus side, he seems to love it here, and I honestly believe he wants to win the league so much too. 

@K.A.I fucking despised him as well :lol:

"On way to pub before Ibrox although seeing that wee useless prick Tav as captain has put a dampener on it"

"It's OK talking up players and trying to get the best deal possible but the ones that the tarriers have, as I said, are internationals who's won titles, trophies, played in the Champions League etc and then we've the likes of Tav who's only even won a Ramsdens Cup and a promotion from the Scottish second tier in his life and playing (badly) in probably the worst Rangers team ever. 

We need to step into the real world here. 

Ask 3-million for Tav get laughed at and stuck with him."

lol

Just now, .Williamson. said:

One of my favourites at the club currently

Refreshing to actually like a good few of our players now. I mind at one stage when Pedro was here my head was close to exploding with how much I hated everybody in the team

I realise Tav was also there but aye

Spot on mate, first time in a long time there seems to be a decent quality throughout the team, especially in the context of what we’re up against at league level 

10 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

@K.A.I fucking despised him as well :lol:

"On way to pub before Ibrox although seeing that wee useless prick Tav as captain has put a dampener on it"

"It's OK talking up players and trying to get the best deal possible but the ones that the tarriers have, as I said, are internationals who's won titles, trophies, played in the Champions League etc and then we've the likes of Tav who's only even won a Ramsdens Cup and a promotion from the Scottish second tier in his life and playing (badly) in probably the worst Rangers team ever. 

We need to step into the real world here. 

Ask 3-million for Tav get laughed at and stuck with him."

lol

Sometimes even our most die hard supporters who never fail to follow to all comers of the globe for Rangers need to step back and weigh up reality of where not only where we are as a club but also as a team in our league, it’s just not possible to attract the caliber of player to play in this backwater that we once did irrespective of finances I honestly believe 

Even taking away the captain aspect of it he is the only player in the team who is a guaranteed starter.

Goldson has been too but it wouldn't be out of the question to see Helander/Katic now and even Morelos is competing with Defoe these days. McGregor the only exception 

24 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

One of my favourites at the club currently

Refreshing to actually like a good few of our players now. I mind at one stage when Pedro was here my head was close to exploding with how much I hated everybody in the team

I realise Tav was also there but aye

Windass nearly gave me a brain aneurysm. 

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's not the typical Greig, Butcher, Ferguson type character, and I admit that's what I like and want in a captain. But hands up, I've underestimated his qualities.

Hes central to our play, he contributes fantastically towards goals but has also improved defensively, and imo appears very well rated by his teammates as a captain. I guess if it's good enough for the club, and is certainly working in the right direction in terms of results, then I can accept it for now too.

Would tend to agree, but for whatever reason that seems to not be the obvious choice no days, maybe it’s the lack of that type of player in the modern era, gone are the days when guys would fight with managers to stay on the park with blood pouring from head wounds, and are now unfortunately out for weeks with a broken boot lace ffs. I guess he makes sense as he’s integral to our play, gives his all from the first whistle to the last, never seens to miss a game through injury and drives the team forward. Plus from our seat in SW1 he’s more vocal than given credit for, and is always encouraging players rather than moaning and berating them for the slightest mistake. 

Also have to state he’s actually a decent enough defender, aye he’s caught out of position at times but that’s the drawback of the modern attacking fullback and it’s widely accepted with just about every team in the game these days, but is used as a tool to slate him by our media and for some reason a portion of our support buy it. 

Marcelo is lorded as the best full back on the planet yet easily gets caught out of position 5/6 times every game