Our Captain

On 14/07/2019 at 17:44, BridgeIsBlue said:

The days of us spending upwards of £6/7m on a single player are long gone,never mind £10m :lol:

TBF we have just spent over 4 on a player.  2 or 3 more on top of that isn't that unrealistic. Especially if we make a megabucks sale of one of our top players.

11 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

We’ve got the £25 million pound full back. 

Goals, assists up there with the strikers in the league. 

Improved no end on his defensive game. 

Can win games and drag us out of holes on his own. 

Quite literally never been injured in his Rangers career. 

Two trophies next year and we’ll be the team rightfully demanding in excess of £20 million for the best full back the league has seen since Hutton. 

:tu:  great post.

Just had a look at his goals and assists.   5th highest scorer in the league, and top of the assist table by quite a margin.

3 hours ago, gogzy said:

TBF we have just spent over 4 on a player.  2 or 3 more on top of that isn't that unrealistic. Especially if we make a megabucks sale of one of our top players.

Gerrard quoted us paying 3m the other day for the lad.

If we start paying 7m for a player, and I dont think we will, imo it would likely blow our whole pay structure to fuck in terms of how much salarywe pay out and the other players then looking for more for themselves.

Dont see it happening tbh and even if we raked in the dosh for AM or JT then I for one wouldnt be demanding it spent on 7m players.  Our current policy seems to be working out nicely and I'd hope would succeed in replacing any quality players sold with other quality players.

5 hours ago, gogzy said:

It is because if we spend £7m on a player then they'll expect to be paid like a £7m player which we can't/won't pay. 

Tav seems to be able to fly by players whoever he's up against and whatever the quality of player he's been a fantastic buy for us plus he never seems to be injured or miss games.

Great player to have I had reservations about him being Captain as I thought he was not vocal enough but he's the kind of player who leads by example.

He's quality. And I GENUINELY don't get how Tierney can be 'worth' £25m when purported figures for Tav seem to be nowhere near that mark. Tav is 100% the better player and the more complete of the two, AND he does 50 odd games a season no bother. Some people won't realise what he brings to the team until he's gone.

8 hours ago, gogzy said:

All defenders make mistakes that cost us.  In fact all players will make mistakes that cost is.  I don't think he makes any more mistakes than anyone else.  He plays almost every minute of every game and you've managed to point out 6 ( which have been pretty fairly debted) mistakes that cost us a goal.   

I am actually not that bothered at all about him making the occasional mistake that costs us a goal, considering he scores a bunch of goals, and sets up even more.  I think he has more than earned the right to make a few mistakes.

IMO tav is one of the top few players at the club, and his contribution to the team would be the hardest to replace. I think he would be harder to replace than Morelos tbh.

Mate I’m done with this debate for the time being at least. It’s impossible to discuss Tav with the usual blinkered fools in here  

What I will say to you is, If you actually watch Tav closely which I do because with a bit more hard work on his defensive side and situational awareness of what is going on around him he could not just be a good player but a great player and get to the next level. 

But he is still making the same stupid mistakes (that are school boy errors) that he was making in his first season. So you have to wonder why, is he happy to be just another player does he not want to be the best he could be (which boils my piss with folk that have a talent). 

Whatever it is only he knows. 

The last part you touch on, you think it would be harder to replace an attacking RB than a 30+ goal a season striker, really!!!!!! Well we can keep that debate for another day. 

On 16/07/2019 at 02:17, gogzy said:

:tu:  great post.

Just had a look at his goals and assists.   5th highest scorer in the league, and top of the assist table by quite a margin.

I was told you can’t compare what goals or assists tav has compared to other players that play full back, and it was Rangers fans on here saying it, beggars belief why anybody would want to concentrate on the odd mistake tav makes and don’t compensate for what he actually brings to the table

some people only see what they want to see, fucking crazy bastards living their lives like that 

On 15/07/2019 at 16:16, Prso's headband said:

We’ve got the £25 million pound full back. 

Goals, assists up there with the strikers in the league. 

Improved no end on his defensive game. 

Can win games and drag us out of holes on his own. 

Quite literally never been injured in his Rangers career. 

Two trophies next year and we’ll be the team rightfully demanding in excess of £20 million for the best full back the league has seen since Hutton. 

Think he's only missed one penalty in 4 years. 

1 hour ago, Tomatasauce said:

@Courtyard Bear

just out of interest mate does anybody currently in our team get pass marks from you for being at the standard of a Rangers player? 

Ive seen you slaughter the best we have so I could muster up an educated answer to my question but I’d rather hear it from you😂

Slaughter. 

You want to show me where I’ve slaughtered any player. 

The floor is yours. 

27 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So nothing, thought as much. 

It was a genuine question do we have anybody you consider Rangers class? 

Im trying to work out who you compare players like tav and Alfie to or the standard you expect in this current climate

the tarriers are cash Rich if you listen to the MSM but even if we bought yer eddy Murphys an french ch I’ve never heard of  I don’t think theyd appease you either, so it leaves me thinking are you expecting a calibre of player we realistically can’t attract to Scotland no matter how much money we have?

3 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

It was a genuine question do we have anybody you consider Rangers class? 

Im trying to work out who you compare players like tav and Alfie to or the standard you expect in this current climate

the tarriers are cash Rick if you listen to the MSM but even if we bought yer eddy Murphys an french ch I’ve never heard of  I don’t think theyd appease you either, so it leaves me thinking are you expecting a calibre of player we realistically can’t attract to Scotland no matter how much money we have?

So still nothing. 

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 02:12, gogzy said:

All defenders make mistakes that cost us.  In fact all players will make mistakes that cost is.  I don't think he makes any more mistakes than anyone else.  He plays almost every minute of every game and you've managed to point out 6 ( which have been pretty fairly debted) mistakes that cost us a goal.   

I am actually not that bothered at all about him making the occasional mistake that costs us a goal, considering he scores a bunch of goals, and sets up even more.  I think he has more than earned the right to make a few mistakes.

IMO tav is one of the top few players at the club, and his contribution to the team would be the hardest to replace. I think he would be harder to replace than Morelos tbh.

This all day long, superfit and never /seldom injured is a huge plus, I agree he would be the hardest man to replace, his goals and assists are off the scale, as decent as Polster looked the other night he was miles off Tavernier.