Our Captain

48 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He's nearing his 200th game for us, just checking his stats there and he's been directly involved in over 100 goals for us. 

That's fucking outrageous numbers for a full back :whistle:

£25m please 😁

3 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Would tend to agree, but for whatever reason that seems to not be the obvious choice no days, maybe it’s the lack of that type of player in the modern era, gone are the days when guys would fight with managers to stay on the park with blood pouring from head wounds, and are now unfortunately out for weeks with a broken boot lace ffs. I guess he makes sense as he’s integral to our play, gives his all from the first whistle to the last, never seens to miss a game through injury and drives the team forward. Plus from our seat in SW1 he’s more vocal than given credit for, and is always encouraging players rather than moaning and berating them for the slightest mistake. 

Also have to state he’s actually a decent enough defender, aye he’s caught out of position at times but that’s the drawback of the modern attacking fullback and it’s widely accepted with just about every team in the game these days, but is used as a tool to slate him by our media and for some reason a portion of our support buy it. 

Marcelo is lorded as the best full back on the planet yet easily gets caught out of position 5/6 times every game 

Yeah agree with a lot of that.

I guess for me a captain is a bit feared by our players who dread letting him down, leads by example and drives the team forward even grabbing it by the bollocks when needed. For me, if some cunt like Brown acts the cunt, then the captain sorts it or discretely sorts it by the collective unit to address it.  

I dont see all that, but i suppose changed days mean for a top level club theres changing priorities from our captain and Tav seems to have achieved well so far.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Can we keep the Windass bashing to an absolute minimum

Ha ha cunts still thought he should of been kept last season 😂. Guy was decent every now and then, but to stupid to realise the opportunity he had here. He’ll never play for anyone close to what he had here, but was just another cunt who thought he was better than his ability actually was. Plus he’s an absolute shitebag, his old man carved out a good career for himself although he was limited in ability, but made up for that with application and desire to succeed and the cunt was fearless. Josh on the other hand I remember walking about the abuse arena whilst almost empty an hour before KO and looked like he’d just been told he was getting stabbed in the tunnel. Loser in every sense of the word

42 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Big time mate, one of those guys who’s never going to win over certain elements of our support o matter what, but would be near on Impossible to replace and has to be kept at all costs this season. 

On the plus side, he seems to love it here, and I honestly believe he wants to win the league so much too. 

Have to agree with this but will admit he has won me over with his goal and assist stats after not being a fan of his at first. Often watch his defensive side during games now and he really is not as bad a defender as many make out.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yeah agree with a lot of that.

I guess for me a captain is a bit feared by our players who dread letting him down, leads by example and drives the team forward even grabbing it by the bollocks when needed. For me, if some cunt like Brown acts the cunt, then the captain sorts it or discretely sorts it by the collective unit to address it.  

I dont see all that, but i suppose changed days mean for a top level club theres changing priorities from our captain and Tav seems to have achieved well so far.

We’ve had some great captains of that mould throughout my lifetime mate even recent ones pre 2010. I guess I would say the last real leader of men in that shape would be Ferguson 

3 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Ha ha cunts still thought he should of been kept last season 😂. Guy was decent every now and then, but to stupid to realise the opportunity he had here. He’ll never play for anyone close to what he had here, but was just another cunt who thought he was better than his ability actually was. Plus he’s an absolute shitebag, his old man carved out a good career for himself although he was limited in ability, but made up for that with application and desire to succeed and the cunt was fearless. Josh on the other hand I remember walking about the abuse arena whilst almost empty an hour before KO and looked like he’d just been told he was getting stabbed in the tunnel. Loser in every sense of the word

I like him, and thought we should have kept him, as a back up striker. Scored goals in a ridiculously shite team.

42 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

@K.A.I fucking despised him as well :lol:

"On way to pub before Ibrox although seeing that wee useless prick Tav as captain has put a dampener on it"

"It's OK talking up players and trying to get the best deal possible but the ones that the tarriers have, as I said, are internationals who's won titles, trophies, played in the Champions League etc and then we've the likes of Tav who's only even won a Ramsdens Cup and a promotion from the Scottish second tier in his life and playing (badly) in probably the worst Rangers team ever. 

We need to step into the real world here. 

Ask 3-million for Tav get laughed at and stuck with him."

lol

KAI couldn't have been more wrong.  Lustig has almost 80 caps for Sweden, has won 8 titles in Scotland, he has Champions League experience, and he's absolutely shite.  Tavernier might not have caps or a lot of medals but he was clearly the best RB in the country last season.  

7 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I actually think that would bring a tear to my eyes mate. Quickly followed by said pitch invasion of course all in the name of over exuberance 

Deserves it more than anyone in that team with the shite he's had to suffer in recent times 

All about the day he's carrying the league trophy around Ibrox 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Deserves it more than anyone in that team with the shite he's had to suffer in recent times 

All about the day he's carrying the league trophy around Ibrox 

Definitely mate, the character he’s showed after being ridiculed from our own and just about every cunt else in the country, what Murty did to him at hampden and coming out the other end better for it is fucking beyond amazing. 

The captain role is diluted now in most aspects. You don’t need an armband to be a leader on a pitch. 

Tav has his faults but is a leader in his own way. His stats are frightening. He is instrumental in almost everything we do, he is always available, I can remember 3/4 games he’s missed since he signed 4 years ago and none of them where through injury! 

When tav does go, it won’t be easy to replace him.

2 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Definitely mate, the character he’s showed after being ridiculed from our own and just about every cunt else in the country, what Murty did to him at hampden and coming out the other end better for it is fucking beyond amazing. 

Absolutely mate

I was one of the ones that was giving him shite at one point and I've never hid that fact but last season I ended up loving him more than I did originally during the championship season. 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Absolutely mate

I was one of the ones that was giving him shite at one point and I've never hid that fact but last season I ended up loving him more than I did originally during the championship season. 

He was decent the championship season, but in a team horribly out of its depth for the expectations on them that first season back up, he started badly (as did most cunts) started being singled out for over the top abuse as I’ve seen with players in all my 40 years of going to Ibrox and it shattered his confidence, he never recovered and the abuse got worse. Honestly didn’t see anyway back for him and he’s got my absolute respect for everything he’s done since Gerrard cane in.