Our Captain

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

All I’ve ever done is give my opinion on Tav he’s great going forward could be a lot more consistent with his delivery. He has got better at the back but he still makes far too many schoolboy  mistakes that he should’ve worked out of his game by now. 

For some reason this gets the usual crew all angry. 😂😂

See now that's largely more objective and I'd agree with, except for the "too many schoolboy mistakes" comment.

You've mentioned 5 games he has allegedly cost us, but not clarified what 5 games. Two of them have been questioned ie the sheep where he contributed to a goal against which you have him as sole fault for, and the vienna game where you said it defined all that was wrong with him defensively yet a number of posters have explained why he's not at fault at all.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Really you think we couldn’t replace Tav with 5+ mil. 

If Scotland is so bad then why is Tav here if he’s so good. 

What's the standard of the SPFL got to do with it?

Were Jelavic and Cuellar really actually secretly shite just because they played in Scotland?

Gazza? Laudrup? McCoist? Prso?

Fuck up with that shite eh mate.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

See now that's largely more objective and I'd agree with, except for the "too many schoolboy mistakes" comment.

You've mentioned 5 games he has allegedly cost us, but not clarified what 5 games. Two of them have been questioned ie the sheep where he contributed to a goal against which you have him as sole fault for, and the vienna game where you said it defined all that was wrong with him defensively yet a number of posters have explained why he's not at fault at all.

First things first, ball watching is a school ball error it’s what we all did when we started playing football, fixated on the man with the ball forget about what’s going on around you. That for sums up Tav in a nutshell. 

Watch the Rapid goal with an open mind, why does Tav feel the need to head for the front post and go beyond the CB, he tracks their player (correct thing to do) then switch’s off and forgets what he is meant to be doing which is getting between the ball and his man instead he gets fixated on the ball just keeps on running while his man drops off to the back post, if he stays with his man he doesn’t have a tap in when the ball breaks to him. If anyone is watching that clip and doesn’t find fault with Tav then there’s no point having a debate because they aren’t being rational  

Hes a good player Tav, but he could be a good defender on top that if worked on his flaws. 

6 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

What's the standard of the SPFL got to do with it?

Were Jelavic and Cuellar really actually secretly shite just because they played in Scotland?

Gazza? Laudrup? McCoist? Prso?

Fuck up with that shite eh mate.

Well your the one saying we couldn’t attract a replacement to pay in Scotland  

So maybe you should think before you post

16 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

I said try. There are not many FB's about that we could afford and would want to play in Scotland that do what Tav does.

“Would want to play in scotland”  you said it not me.  

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

First things first, ball watching is a school ball error it’s what we all did when we started playing football, fixated on the man with the ball forget about what’s going on around you. That for sums up Tav in a nutshell. 

Watch the Rapid goal with an open mind, why does Tav feel the need to head for the front post and go beyond the CB, he tracks their player (correct thing to do) then switch’s off and forgets what he is meant to be doing which is getting between the ball and his man instead he gets fixated on the ball just keeps on running while his man drops off to the back post, if he stays with his man he doesn’t have a tap in when the ball breaks to him. If anyone is watching that clip and doesn’t find fault with Tav then there’s no point having a debate because they aren’t being rational  

Hes a good player Tav, but he could be a good defender on top that if worked on his flaws. 

Tav does play his part in that goal, no-one would deny that, but you're saying he's solely responsible and that's pish.

What about Worrall getting bullied on the halfway line or Flanagan losing his man or Coulibaly literally passing it to the goal scorer.

You can't be objective because you're desperate to blame Tav imo.

The modern day full back has evolved from being primarily defensive to a reformed winger type.

Tav more than fits that bill.

You look at the top EPL teams and apart from Dave at Chelsea the rest of the top full backs strengths lie in their attacking play.

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Tav does play his part in that goal, no-one would deny that, but you're saying he's solely responsible and that's pish.

What about Worrall getting bullied on the halfway line or Flanagan losing his man or Coulibaly literally passing it to the goal scorer.

You can't be objective because you're desperate to blame Tav imo.

He has come on leaps and bounds defensively but people still love to blame him the moment he has any part to play in an opposition goal, he has the occasional howler (game against those cunts) were he absolutely infuriates you but he is such an integral part of the team we won't be able to replace him when he does go IMO.

Just now, BlueMe said:

You can't be objective because you are desperate to blame Tav imo.

Worral is a useless waste of oxygen and got all the pelters he deserved from me at the time. 

Start a thread about him and I will let you know what I think again. 

You claim I can’t be objective then go on the last fuck knows how long telling me Tav isn’t to blame for anything, the irony is dripping off that claim  

Flanagan has made mistakes he isn’t that good anymore, Coulibaly started well then showed why he was here on loan  

Thing is all of the above aren’t hailed as the be all and end all in fact 2 of them aren’t even our players, the one we are discussing is the club captain  

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Worral is a useless waste of oxygen and got all the pelters he deserved from me at the time. 

Start a thread about him and I will let you know what I think again. 

You claim I can’t be objective then go on the last fuck knows how long telling me Tav isn’t to blame for anything, the irony is dripping off that claim  

Flanagan has made mistakes he isn’t that good anymore, Coulibaly started well then showed why he was here on loan  

Thing is all of the above aren’t hailed as the be all and end all in fact 2 of them aren’t even our players, the one we are discussing is the club captain  

Show me where i said that.

The one we're discussing is the club captain, correct. You are allowed to discuss and blame other players for their mistakes though, rather than try and blame Tav instead. 

Again, who's claiming Tav is the "be all and end all"? All I've seen on here is people saying how important he is to us and we'll struggle to replace him if he goes, even if he does make the odd mistake like any other footballer playing the game, that's all true.

Selective reading posts and making stuff up won't change the facts, no matter how much you want it to.

31 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

😂😂 if it makes you feel better post all the shite you like mate. 

Doesn’t change my opinion on Tav.  

Your opinion wouldn't change even if he scored 100 goals and got 100 assists. 

The truth is, I'm not even trying to change your opinion, I'm only pointing out your many mistakes. 

You're welcome. 

4 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

You're opinion wouldn't change even if he scored 100 goals and got 100 assists. 

The truth is, I'm not even trying to change your opinion, I'm only pointing out your many mistakes. 

You're welcome. 

I’ve never complained about Tav going forward so your point once again is bullshit. 

The fact a blind man can follow a game of football better than you is glaring obvious. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I’ve never complained about Tav going forward so your point once again is bullshit. 

The fact a blind man can follow a game of football better than you is glaring obvious. 

Never knew you were blind tbh but that does explain a lot.

His all round play has improved year on year, and he has certainly grown into the captain's role which, for me, did not come naturally to him. It says a lot about his attitude and professionalism that he has come so far in his time here. The number of naysayers (myself included at one point) has reduced gradually and will continue to shrink further as they realise how important he is to us.

He's more than good enough defensively for our level and there wasn't a full back in the league last season who was better defensively than him. 

Complete myth that he can't defend. 

In the EPL he'd probably get run ragged by the better wingers/attackers in the league but if that wasn't the case he wouldn't be with us. 

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Your trying too hard mate, I thought you were quite funny till I realised you were serious 😂

if your not at the wind up you know absolutely nothing about modern football, I could pick the same faults your picking up on tav from the best right back in the world if I watched him (whoever that actually is) for a full season 

I love to have a gander at your work you must be the only cunt who doesn’t allow for making a mistake, even on an off day 

3 hours ago, BlueMe said:

There's been threads on here about all our players and you've never asked for mistake numbers.

I have noticed you bringing Tav into the discussion if anyone says something negative about another player though.

Weird boy tbh.

Tav must have pumped his Mrs