Barišić

1 minute ago, gordo7 said:

Ffs, the season's just started and people are wanting rid of the guy. Like him or not, he's the best left back at the club just now

Based on what? Reputation? 

Halliday is the best left back at the club based on performances. 

4 minutes ago, OhW said:

Do you know what a transfer window is? 

Ok, fair enough, I get that. But in my opinion, he's the best left back we have just now, and am willing to give him a chance. Could we get better, of course we could. And if that happens, then great. 

34 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s been awful for us and a complete and utter shitebag

I agree he didn't have the best season but I reckon he's still better than Halliday and Flanagan. Willing to give him a chance, but I admit that he has to up his game, which I'm hoping he will

Way folk bitch about him on here you'd think he was Pena...

He has the potential to be a very good player, its up to him and the staff to improve and bring out the best in him. Ultimately, if he was already the player he has the potential to be he'd be in one of the big leagues and we'd have no chance of affording him. 

Why is this thread even in the Transfer Section. The lad is ok and will get better. Needs encouragement, has the skill just a bit slow in adapting to the demands of the Scottish game. See him having a good season, minus plastic pitches and the challenge from Halliday can only be good for the squad.

Would love Douglas here. Was a standout in a Championship winning Wolves side and injuries held him back from being a part of a great Leeds United team last year (run in aside :Fod:)

Superb delivery and can score from dead balls.

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 00:12, gordo7 said:

No he's not

He performs better than Barisic and Flanagan at left back. If he had a different name than Halliday or we just signed a player this summer that was performing at the same level people would be saying we don't need a new LB and we have our starter here.

20 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s been awful for us and a complete and utter shitebag

Happy to give him a chance to prove he's worth a starting slot, after all I'm sure quite a few of us wrote of papac after his first season with us as well iimmfrom what I can remember. 

If he barasic still bombs we have halliday who I would be happy with until a replacement is found

1 hour ago, BlueMe said:

People always feel the need to pick a side on here, it's weird as fuck tbh. It was the same with the Tav/Flanagan debate. One players abilities always seem to get over exaggerated to the point it gets silly and the other player can do no right regardless. Some people just make their mind up early and are too stubborn to change it imo.

Barisic, so far, hasn't performed how everyone hoped he would, but given the fact it was his first season and he was plagued with niggling injuries, he deserves another chance this year.

Halliday's had 4 years worth of chances, and he's nowhere near good enough to be our first choice LB. 

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Andy Hallidays performances over the last year are massively overrated. 

He had one standout game against the scum which seems to bring out this myth his other performances were superior to anything from Flanagan/Barisic. 

Flangan also had a great game against them in the 2-0 win!

Agreed

Not sure why our fans continue to build him up, they will be the first to slate him when he has a bad game again. 

on Thursday night he was caught out of position but got back and made a decent slide tackle and everyone around me was going wild for him and I'm sitting there thinking he just made up for his own basic positioning mistake and that isn't to be praised? Maybe i've just turned into a negative cunt after years on this forum :lol:

1 hour ago, BlueMe said:

Some people just make their mind up early and are too stubborn to change it imo  

Like @TMB, who changed his profile pic to a Croatia flag and wrote “Croatia Loyal” above it before Katic or Barisic had even played a game.