Concern about the standard of Scottish Football

I'm sure Stevie G  is enjoying his time at Ibrox but I don't think it would be too controversial a thing to say that he will see his final destination as back at Anfield and for that has to happen he has to cut his teeth at a big club winning big games. Sad to say but Killie crashing out of Europe to a team called Nomads and our only real opposition replacing brendan rogers with a dumpling like lennon will do nothing to make Stevie G think his medium term future is here.

I hope I'm wrong perhaps a really good run in Europe will make a big difference but sad to say no one down south will take any domestic success seriously now that brenda has disappeared

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

You think nobody is going to take notice of who is in charge of us when we win our next title or cup simply because Rodgers isn't at celtic anymore? 

After being in the bottom tier of Scottish football you think nobody will notice :lol:

Come on man Connah's Quay Nomads :britney:

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye because Killie losing will impact what clubs think of Gerrard as a manager 

Problem is with Killie back in the pack we are going to be a 2 team league again ... also most of the teams being out of Europe by the end of August doesn't help

6 minutes ago, AyrshireBlue said:

The whole English press think fondly of Gerrard and will never be critical of him.

He used to go out of his way to speak to journalists whilst England captain at World Cup camps ect.. journalists remember this kind of stuff.

That is true but it's what they think of his progress inside Anfield that may worry him

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

All Gerrard has to do is not make a rip-roaring cunt of it here and he's guaranteed an interview at Anfield when Klopp goes. Much of what he actually achieves is irrelevant when it comes to going back to Liverpool. Look at Lampard. He had an entirely typical season at Derby (do reasonably well but bottle it in the playoffs) and landed the Chelsea gig after a year in the dugout.

Rodgers being replaced by Lennon and Killie getting beaten last night simply don't come into the conversation.

Lampard probably would not have got the gig if it was not for their transfer troubles.

I don't think Gerrard will have a look in for the Liverpool gig unless he wins the league here, or moves to an English club prior and does well with them.

14 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

@Thermopylae I don't believe for one minute no one would notice Steven Gerrard winning Rangers title 55 after what we have been through.  Our story alone, despite Gerrard being Manager, will be a massive headliner even in the English Media. Scottish Media are a big joke, as are Scottish football and the SPL. Rangers certainly are not. Unlucky due to the SPL clowns running the circus here, but we are turning it around little by little. 

I am inclined to agree although it's what is inside his mind that matters and most people in English football even in good times tend to look down on Scottish football ...  and these aren't good times for our game

26 minutes ago, The Dude said:

All Gerrard has to do is not make a rip-roaring cunt of it here and he's guaranteed an interview at Anfield when Klopp goes. Much of what he actually achieves is irrelevant when it comes to going back to Liverpool. Look at Lampard. He had an entirely typical season at Derby (do reasonably well but bottle it in the playoffs) and landed the Chelsea gig after a year in the dugout.

Rodgers being replaced by Lennon and Killie getting beaten last night simply don't come into the conversation.

Do you not think Man U making a complete hash of it by appointing people with big reputations since Ferguson left would make them think twice about doing the same thing?

Utter pish from the OP.

Gerrard goes to Anfield win, lose or draw up here.

Whilst they love Klopp, they await the return of their Messiah. The man remains a legend and still hero worshipped.

They give not one fuck what he does in this Mickey mouse league and why the fuck should they, when we are that bad and corrupt?! As for Brenda, no one gives a fuck, particularly Liverpool fans who despise the cunt.

At worst he finishes second, but pretty confident he takes us to that title this season and I doubt that it will not be too difficult.

So, I don't get the negativity and wonder at the mentality driving it.

36 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Remarkably sensible for you

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Utter pish from the OP.

Gerrard goes to Anfield win, lose or draw up here.

Whilst they love Klopp, they await the return of their Messiah. The man remains a legend and still hero worshipped.

They give not one fuck what he does in this Mickey mouse league and why the fuck should they, when we are that bad and corrupt?! As for Brenda, no one gives a fuck, particularly Liverpool fans who despise the cunt.

At worst he finishes second, but pretty confident he takes us to that title this season and I doubt that it will not be too difficult.

So, I don't get the negativity and wonder at the mentality driving it.

honestly doubt anyone outwith Scotland gives a fuck about the corruption of the SPFL tbf