Rangers training.....

beararse

Changed times from my day in training,mile after mile of road running,circuits,weights. Was all about building stamina and bulking up but then again it was a 'man's' game. We did play 5 a-sides wi the winners staying on but we never reached the level of fitness these players have today,must be in the grub :UK:

51 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Who was manager when one of the players thought getting to use a ball in training was brilliant 

I think we should go back to not using a ball in training 

Was that Le Guen? 

I vaguely remember a player getting sent home from a preseason camp for slide tackling during a session under Le Guen. 

Memory ain't what it used to be.  

4 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Was that Le Guen? 

I vaguely remember a player getting sent home from a preseason camp for slide tackling during a session under Le Guen. 

Memory ain't what it used to be.  

I have no idea mate I just have some memory of it being mentioned that a ball was used in training once and it was a surprise :lol:

5 hours ago, beararse said:

I’m liking the sound of this....

Polster  quoted  as saying:

‘At training we have a points system, which makes it even more competitive.

“We’ve got a table so you can see where you stand.

“We have round-robin games and if you win you get more points. The teams change every day so training is fun but we all want to win.’

Also, have a deek at the various open training videos on YouTube.

High tempo mini games, shows exactly how Gerrard wants/has us playing without the ball.

Beats trying to skelp the coach’s bare erse with the baw.

Full version on RTV is a great watch. 

Was getting very competitive as well which is great to see. 

23 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Full version on RTV is a great watch. 

Was getting very competitive as well which is great to see. 

Good to see need that competitive bit in training.

McCoist talked aboit when Souness took over they had England v Scotland in training at it used to always end up in fists.

1 hour ago, Blumhoilann said:

Changed times from my day in training,mile after mile of road running,circuits,weights. Was all about building stamina and bulking up but then again it was a 'man's' game. We did play 5 a-sides wi the winners staying on but we never reached the level of fitness these players have today,must be in the grub :UK:

I don't know how old you are, mate, but when I started playing back in the days when you had to hammer your studs into the soles of your boots, the ball made of leather, with a bladder and laced , was as heavy as a sack full of bricks, even heavier when soaking wet, and the laces on your boots were that long, you could have tied up the fucking Titanic at the docks. You had to do training like that to build up your leg muscles or the ball would have moved about 5 foot when you kicked it.

The pitches were like Irish bogs in the winter, defenders who were built like a brick shithouse would virtually remove your kneecaps from behind you and keepers found themselves in the back of the net along with the ball (all legal in those days) and if you seen a defender inside the opposition half, you asked him if he had a visa.

Now it's slippers with studs in them, pitches like bowling greens in the top echelon, science & physical experts, indoor training centres, balls as light as a feather, and athletes that have not an ounce of fat on them and can move as fast as Sebastian Coe.

Changed days indeed.

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Who was manager when one of the players thought getting to use a ball in training was brilliant 

I think we should go back to not using a ball in training 

That'll be the next innovation in football. No ball so nobody gets hurt or tired or have their feelings offended because balls are round.