*****Official Rangers v Progrès Niederkorn Thread*****

RangersMedia

2 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Can only imagine Defoe fouled the defender, as Jack wasn't offside!

Didn’t think he was off. It was pretty frustrating not getting that third. Any time we looked like creating something they’d foul. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Been thinking for a few weeks now that Tav looks off the boil to start the season and it has nothing to do with the missed penalty.

I thought he was shite tonight and the penalty miss.

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

If Barisic had played we would’ve scored 4 or 5

You are at the windup dickhead. Barasic has never put a shift like the one Halday done tonight in the whole time hes been here. Thankfully the manager knows who the better FB is...........

1 minute ago, steven33jackie said:

Two nil in Europe should be a good result but that was one frustrating game to watch. Poor decisions  in the final third always looking for an extra touch or pass. Last twenty minutes lacked any controlled play and some the players actually looked nervous and the need for an extra touch allowed themselves to be closed down. 

Like watching arsenal trying to walk the ball in the net... without world class players.

4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I disagree........ think we were sound defensively.

Yeah really sound in the last five when McGregor has to save one on one when one man managed to break the back four. Also didn't win one header from their corner in fact their first was free header on the center of the box.

Deeply disappointed in the latter stage performance, although my cynicism has probably accrued from the pre-match lobbying of an SNP stealth republican which has overshadowed this evening.

Make no mistake; this self-hating 'Everyone,Anyone' campaign will do enough to split the fans before the season starts. 

2-0 is nowhere near good enough an outcome from that game.   We might yet make it through to the next round if enough care is taken in the next game.   But frankly that should never have been a factor as far more chances in this game should have been converted into goals.   

If that is the standard of improvement in  the quality of the team and in the quality of team selection on last season then it's still nowhere near good enough imo.    Gerrard should be very worried that the team he puts out is not capitalising far more in games like this.      Insufficient ability to put the ball in the net often enough needs to be fixed, and yet again we are gratefully reliant on McGregor for denying them an away goal.    

Its harsh I know but imo that was a far from top performance and a result that, whilst a win, is not an acceptable scoreline.   If Gerrard thinks otherwise in his TV debriefing then I'll be interested to see how he defends that performance and result tonight. 

2 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Two nil in Europe should be a good result but that was one frustrating game to watch. Poor decisions  in the final third always looking for an extra touch or pass. Last twenty minutes lacked any controlled play and some the players actually looked nervous and the need for an extra touch allowed themselves to be closed down. 

Spot on.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

The Kent situation needs sorted asap.

If he’s coming back then it needs to be before Kilmarnock game, if not then we should be signing someone else.

He won't be here before the Killie game if he is coming back 

We were comfortable enough for most of the game, just got a bit slack in the last 15 minutes.  We seem to switch off after subs come on.  Almost like the players start thinking it's a preseason game and relax too much.

What also concerned me what that we seemed to revert to type from last season in the last 25 mins or so. Tapped it around the outside of the box, out wide, crossed, cleared and repeat.

Players so shy to take a shot too. I would hope Gerrard goes thru them for that.

Archived