Davis

GOAT

Davis has surprised me. Didn't think he would get much game time this year but there is life in the ol dog yet. 

It's just great we have really good competition and the ability to change things from the bench this year which wasn't the case last season. 

Davis is the best player we have right now imo. The people who knocked him last season are probably related to the people who knocked Mark Hately and Jonas Thern, when, like Davis, arrived not match fit and took a wee while to get going. Thern, with about 100 caps for Sweden got booed loudly. Hately was the same. It’s amazing how  we are so critical. We expect everything immediately. Barisic is another one. I was at the game where he played against us with the bandage around his head.  He was head and shoulders above anyone on the park that night, and probably why SG signed him. Then the boo boys get on his back. Give these guys a chance, he will be awesome for us.

51 minutes ago, weejock said:

Davis is the best player we have right now imo. The people who knocked him last season are probably related to the people who knocked Mark Hately and Jonas Thern, when, like Davis, arrived not match fit and took a wee while to get going. Thern, with about 100 caps for Sweden got booed loudly. Hately was the same. It’s amazing how  we are so critical. We expect everything immediately. Barisic is another one. I was at the game where he played against us with the bandage around his head.  He was head and shoulders above anyone on the park that night, and probably why SG signed him. Then the boo boys get on his back. Give these guys a chance, he will be awesome for us.

Tbf Thern was indeed a big let down 

• 1 month later...

Doesn't get the same plaudits as it's expected of him, but the wee number 10 has been brilliant.  Jack has improved no end playing beside him. Both of them ran the show in midfield last night, and previous. First leg he was great as well. 

Steady, consistent, breaks up play, starts counter attacks, tidy. Just following on from the end of last season when he finally got fit. 

A winner, who knows what it's like to win the league. 

On 21/07/2019 at 19:02, The Beast said:

Happy to hold my hands up and say I was wrong about Davis coming back.

He's been excellent in the last quarter of last season and the pre season so far

We all have been mate 

He's a fantastic footballer